D23 Expo September 9-11, 2022 Superthread **Updates in Posts 2 & 3**

Me either but you should be safe on the Belle front since its not her anniversary so no 17 dolls and the rumored D23 designers are Elsa Anna and Raya. The Belle designer should be out that same month online though. What do you think of this years designer dolls?

I haven't liked any that released enough to buy them so far, but I do love the Tiana design and have a soft spot for Aurora, so may spring for those. Do you like the collection?

I also got the BATB platinum set, Esmeralda, and Alice last year so figured I'd save a bit if I'm not super into any of the designer line designs, and so far I'm not.

So, this Expo is now a solo for me, my sister’s doctor said she should not fly for now due to oxygen levels.

I just booked my hotel and I still have to book flights, but have those narrowed down.

The biggest issue is which tickets to purchase. I know I want to do about 3 of the Hall D23 so that has me leaning towards the Preferred, but being solo means I can control when I arrive for lines. This is going to drive me nuts over the next week until I decide.

Maybe I will just try for the preferred when the sale starts and if I do not get one, then I will just get the regular 3 day.

I haven't liked any that released enough to buy them so far, but I do love the Tiana design and have a soft spot for Aurora, so may spring for those. Do you like the collection?

I also got the BATB platinum set, Esmeralda, and Alice last year so figured I'd save a bit if I'm not super into any of the designer line designs, and so far I'm not.
So far I like Mulan,Tiana and Aurora. I think that while the concept of avant garde is an interesting fashion choice, its either gonna be a hit or a miss. Most looks are either too much (Jasmine) or too little (Pocahontas)I wouldve of preferred standard red carpet looks. Im definitely looking forward to seeing more of the collection because Ill always love these dolls. It sucks we have to wait for September for Belle since she is last 😩 I bought the bAtb platinum set too despite the backlash of the release Im just a sucker for Belle 🙈

So far I like Mulan,Tiana and Aurora. I think that while the concept of avant garde is an interesting fashion choice, its either gonna be a hit or a miss. Most looks are either too much (Jasmine) or too little (Pocahontas)I wouldve of preferred standard red carpet looks. Im definitely looking forward to seeing more of the collection because Ill always love these dolls. It sucks we have to wait for September for Belle since she is last 😩 I bought the bAtb platinum set too despite the backlash of the release Im just a sucker for Belle 🙈

Same. I was hoping they were saving a 17" village dress for Expo (since they had so much for Ariel's 30th - D23 dolls, a park exclusive doll) and we just got the platinum set last year.

D23 Newbie and trying to understand ticket options. We are gold and got the communication that stated we could buy 2 Gen Adm ticket and up to 12 Expo tickets. What is the difference? (And which one do we want?!) Thank you in advance!!

The terminology is weird in that email, but it is basically saying that a Gold member can purchase 2 discounted 1 or 3 day tickets and up to 12 tickets for the D23 Expo total. So, the 12 tickets probably could be a mix of the ticket options, but only 2 of the tickets can be discounted. Note that it does say that on a Duo Gold you can have 2 discounted tickets per member so I am not sure if each member of a Duo can purchase 12 tickets or not.

There are basically 3 tickets being offered this expo:

• Hall D23 Preferred Seating $899: This is a 3 day ticket that gives a preferred seat in Hall D23. Hall D23 is where you find the large panels, such as Legends, Upcoming Moves, Park. This is a new type of ticket that is limited. You can still go to the smaller panels, and anything else offered, you just do not have any priority seating for these. There is no discount and this is a Gold member exclusive.
  • One Day General Admission $89/$99: Basically a one day ticket, pick the day when purchasing. $89 is the adult gold discount price, $99 is the adult non gold price.
  • Three Day General Admission $229/$279: A ticket to cover all three days of the event. $229 is the adult gold price, $279 is the adult non gold price.

The terminology is weird in that email, but it is basically saying that a Gold member can purchase 2 discounted 1 or 3 day tickets and up to 12 tickets for the D23 Expo total. So, the 12 tickets probably could be a mix of the ticket options, but only 2 of the tickets can be discounted. Note that it does say that on a Duo Gold you can have 2 discounted tickets per member so I am not sure if each member of a Duo can purchase 12 tickets or not.

There are basically 3 tickets being offered this expo:

• Hall D23 Preferred Seating $899: This is a 3 day ticket that gives a preferred seat in Hall D23. Hall D23 is where you find the large panels, such as Legends, Upcoming Moves, Park. This is a new type of ticket that is limited. You can still go to the smaller panels, and anything else offered, you just do not have any priority seating for these. There is no discount and this is a Gold member exclusive.
  • One Day General Admission $89/$99: Basically a one day ticket, pick the day when purchasing. $89 is the adult gold discount price, $99 is the adult non gold price.
  • Three Day General Admission $229/$279: A ticket to cover all three days of the event. $229 is the adult gold price, $279 is the adult non gold price.
The way I understood it is that you can purchase up to 2 discount tickets during presale, but up to 12 total when they go on regular sale. The info was under the presale terms.

Reactions: ngl
I read it the same as @tobikaye. 12 tickets can be purchased during the pre-sale. Gold members may have up to two of those 12 at the discounted price.

Discounted single-day and multi-day tickets for D23 Expo 2022 are available exclusively to D23 Gold Members. D23 Gold Members can purchase up to two (2) discounted tickets each. With a D23 Gold Membership Duo Plan, both D23 Gold Members (primary and affiliate) on the plan can each purchase two discounted tickets (for a combined savings of up to $200 on four 3-Day Adult Tickets). This offer may not be used in conjunction with any other promotional codes or offers; available while supplies last. Click here to join D23: The Official Disney Fan Club today!

https://d23.com/d23-expo-2022/things-to-know/

PRESALE TERMS & CONDITIONS

D23 Gold Members who are also Visa cardmembers may purchase up to two (2) General Admission tickets at a discounted price. D23 Gold Members must log in by using their D23.com Gold Member account information when purchasing General Admission tickets at a discounted price. D23 General Members may purchase up to twelve (12) D23 Expo 2022 tickets. D23 Gold Members may purchase up to twelve (12) D23 Expo 2022 tickets including their discounted tickets.

Man, 12 tickets is a lot. I hope they don't all go on presale day.

New to this D23 stuff and I'm planning on doing the pre-sale today. Will we get an email with a direct link to buy or do you just have to be on the site at 10am looking for a link to purchase? TIA!

Should be interesting to see how the presale goes, from my recollection the 3 day passes don't typically sell out for a few weeks.

Should be interesting to see how the presale goes, from my recollection the 3 day passes don't typically sell out for a few weeks.
I wouldn't bet on it this year. Destination D sold out in less than an hour. I hope it doesn't sell out quickly though.

I don't remember having a problem buying the 3 day back in 2019. The problem came trying to get my badge in the summer. Regardless, I'm getting my tix now so I don't have to worry if they sell out.

This may not be the actual queue, just a countdown.

It was the queue for the queue essentially. Countdown just tells you how long you have left in the holding room.

The way Queue It works is there's a holding room with a countdown until the queue goes live. Once it goes live, it autoredirects you to the actual queue where we are all placed in it randomly (not based on entrance into the holding room). Think like Disney "fill in all available space" and then you're eventually in a line again not necessarily where you would have been if it had been a line based on arrival the whole time.

Interesting they've made the other features Queue It has available this time. Including number ahead of you. That happened when they used it for 65th merch in Summer 2020, but I haven't seen it used since then by Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter