D23 Expo September 9-11, 2022 Superthread **Updates in Posts 2 & 3**

Yes, very easy process. Got lucky and started at 400-something but my siblings were in much higher numbers but we all got our tickets. Looking forward to another expo!

UGH there's still 3000 people in front of me. If I don't get tickets I'm going to cry. This is going to be my first one and a solo trip that I am SO excited for.

Tickets are non-transferable for D23 member, correct?

In the past they were, but interestingly they did not ask for the name for each ticket holder. In previous years you would have to provide the name for each person with a ticket when purchasing tickets. So while I believe the D23 member will still have to be there, your guests may be able to change around until they ask for guest names, if they even do so this year.

In the past they were, but interestingly they did not ask for the name for each ticket holder. In previous years you would have to provide the name for each person with a ticket when purchasing tickets. So while I believe the D23 member will still have to be there, your guests may be able to change around until they ask for guest names, if they even do so this year.

Yup, that's correct. The D23 member that purchased them must attend, but the additional tickets bought do not have to be named.

D23 Expo ticket purchasers can login here to view and manage their badges using the same D23 Member login used to purchase tickets. You can also assign any additional tickets purchased to each individual in your party. The Gold Member ticket purchaser will be able to assign all tickets purchased except for one that must remain in their ownership. Ticket purchasers will be required to enter an email of the guest they are assigning a ticket to, and this email must be associated with a D23 Member account.

In the Summer of 2022, when badges begin shipping, you will also be able to use this site to activate your badge.

https://d23.com/d23-expo-2022/things-to-know/

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but this is my first time going to D23. What is the best time to get your hotel room booked? The link that was in the receipt email that has the discounted rooms does not have much of a selection. Do the rooms book up before the tickets even go on sale? Will they update the hotel discounts or is it better to just find something on my own?

What you see on the link is basically what is left. They released the expo discounted rooms months ago. I wasn’t sure who all was traveling with me so I didn’t book through the link. I am now solo, so just book separately from the link as the hotels listed were not any I wanted.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but this is my first time going to D23. What is the best time to get your hotel room booked? The link that was in the receipt email that has the discounted rooms does not have much of a selection. Do the rooms book up before the tickets even go on sale? Will they update the hotel discounts or is it better to just find something on my own?
As @tobikaye mentioned, what you are seeing is what’s left. The hotels went with the group rates went on sale back in September.

There will be cancellations, its worth checking again from time to time... if I am unable to get my ticket tomorrow (hoping for reserved seating) then I'll be cancelling my stay at the Hilton.

I'm also hoping to get reserved seating tomorrow as this would be my first expo. I wouldn't get to discourage about hotels. I started looking in January and I was actually able to book Westin tonight for all the stays. I'm not sure how crowds are gonna be like compared to comic-con. When I attended those I did wait in line to get the next day wristbands but nothing that I stayed overnight out for.
Seeing past posts regarding overnight in line is kinda worrisome to see panels. How does the reserved seating compared to the sorcerer's pass from previous expos?

Overnight line was mostly for shoppers (resellers and some fans lol) and for the Studios panel. I also liked it to get on floor before it got really crowded. I preferred the overnight line in the climate controlled basement, with restrooms available. Others prefer outside lines. This year? Who knows what will happen.

My suggestion to someone still looking at hotels would be to do refundable, that way you can change easier if what you want comes available. This is what I did in 2019. I have already changed hotels twice since it became a solo trip. I could change again if one I really want comes available either through the D23 expo link or from my searches. In 2019, I think it was a few months out from the expo that I got what I wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter