Dancing With the Stars - Fall 2018

I fast forwarded through most of the show to get to who was voted off. I didn't stop to see any of the stuff with the kids. Not interested in them. Will they be part of the show going forward?

I fast forwarded through most of the show to get to who was voted off. I didn't stop to see any of the stuff with the kids. Not interested in them. Will they be part of the show going forward?

I hope not. The show tonight seemed more like a long ad for them. And the commercials were all promos for the rest of ABC's line up. :headache:

I missed the intros of the Junior competitors. I remember Elliana from the show as well..

I only watched Dance Moms sporadically, but I also remember both Mackenzie and Elliana. They've certainly grown up. I don't think I would have recognized either of them without the name connection. Interesting that one is a "star" and one is a pro.

Rylee Arnold is also one of the Jr pros. In fact big sister Lindsay is her mentor. Another sister, Jensen, was runner up on the most recent season of SYTYCD. Plenty of dance talent and training in that family!

I'll probably record the first episode of Jrs, but as of now I'm not really feeling it. I may be getting to that point with DWTS too though. I recorded both nights, but did more fast forwarding than watching. Maybe I'll feel differently if I give it a chance and get to know more of the stars. There were so few I recognized from the start.

For those who watched all the dances on night 1, did you think Evanna's was a 5 comparatively? I didn't love the dance, but I was a bit surprised by Len's score on that one.

I agree, Evanna's dance was not a 5. Len really was grumpy the first night. I smell new producer manipulation, maybe they think a mean judge will improve ratings. Not for me, DWTS is my fun night!

I just don't know about the juniors. Looks like there's some cuties it will be fun to watch, but several kids that will be hard to take. Some major muggers there. I do like the kid who plays Jack on Blackish, and the spelling bee kid looks fun.

I agree, Evanna's dance was not a 5. Len really was grumpy the first night. I smell new producer manipulation, maybe they think a mean judge will improve ratings. Not for me, DWTS is my fun night!

I agree. She was better than a 5. I also thought there was some producer manipulation. Len was actually fine for the first dance. Then he suddenly turned grumpy, as though he was told to be that way.

I threw Evanna some votes as I didn't want her to be the first one booted out. Yet, I also think it really doesn't matter to a great degree who we vote for. I've said it for several seasons that I think the producers get the final say on who stays & goes and when. Having Ginger stay for so long and make it into the Finals during her season was proof to me I am right. :mad:

As for Juniors: I also found it interesting that the description they gave Tripp Palin is that he's Sarah Palin's grandson - instead of saying he's Bristol Palin's son. Bristol, was, after all, a contestant on the show. According to Google, Tripp's real name is: Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston. Not a "Palin" in that whole name.

Yep, LOTS of producer manipulation. :rolleyes1

Mary Lou & Sasha – waltz (song: “Natural Woman” by Carole King, performed live by Sarah Bockel of Beautiful: The Carole King Musical)
1-800-868-3409

Milo & Witney – Charleston (song: “Livin’ in New York City” by Robin Thicke)
1-800-868-3410

Evanna & Keo – samba (song: “Can’t Touch It” by Ricki-Lee )
1-800-868-3405

Danelle & Artem – cha-cha (song: “Welcome to New York” by Taylor Swift)
1-800-868-3403

Bobby & Sharna – foxtrot (song: “Theme from New York, New York” by Frank Sinatra)
1-800-868-3402

Juan Pablo & Cheryl – quickstep (song: “42nd Street” by Cherry Poppin’ Daddies)
Dancing 10th
1-800-868-3408

Alexis & Alan – Argentine tango (song: “Swan Lake” by Ray Chew Live)
1-800-868-3401

John & Emma – Charleston (song: “New York’s My Home” by Sammy Davis Jr.)
1-800-868-3407

Tinashe & Brandon – Argentine tango(song: “New Dorp. New York” by SBTRKT feat. Ezra Koenig)
1-800-868-3413

Nancy & Val – cha-cha (song: “Uptown Girl” by Billy Joel)
1-800-868-3411

Joe & Jenna – foxtrot (song: “New York State of Mind” by Matt Beilis)
1-800-868-3406

DeMarcus & Lindsay – foxtrot (song: “The Boy from New York City” by Manhattan Transfer)
1-800-868-3404

Alexis & Alan – salsa (song: “Booty” by Jennifer Lopez)
1-800-868-3401

Bobby & Sharna – quickstep (song: “That Old Black Magic” by Sammy Davis Jr.)
1-800-868-3402

Danelle & Artem – quickstep (song: “Luck Be A Lady” performed live by Donny Osmond)
1-800-868-3403

DeMarcus & Lindsay – quickstep (song: “Ladies Man” performed live by Boyz II Men)
1-800-868-3404

Tuesday night

Evanna & Keo – jive (song: “Heat Wave” by Martha Reeves & the Vandellas)
1-800-868-3405

Joe & Jenna – jazz (song: “The Gambler” by Kenny Rogers)
1-800-868-3406

John & Emma – jive (song: “King Creole” by Elvis)
1-800-868-3407

Juan Pablo & Cheryl – foxtrot (song: “Why Don’t You Do Right” by Peggy Lee)
1-800-868-3408

Mary Lou & Sasha – samba (song: “Copacabana” by Barry Manilow)
1-800-868-3409

Milo & Witney – tango (song: “Ashes” by Celine Dion)
1-800-868-3410

Nancy & Val – paso doble (song: “Storm from KA” by Cirque du Soleil)
1-800-868-3411

Tinashe & Brandon – cha-cha (song: “Circus” by Britney Spears)
1-800-868-3413

Theme for tonight, (for anyone who didn't realize it from the songs above ;)) is New York City Night.

Tomorrow night's theme is Las Vegas Night.

Sunday night, 8pm ET, will be the premiere of DWTS Juniors. There is no live voting as it's all been pre-taped.

Next Mon's theme on the regular DWTS (adults) will be Most Memorable Night. Have your Kleenex ready! :sad1:

No more Tues shows after tomorrow night. The show will go to only Monday nights. Next Tues is the American Music Awards. The week after, ABC will finally start their Tues night, comedy night line-up with 3 new premieres. Starting with The Connors, (the Roseanne reboot without Roseanne,) another new comedy, some regular Tues shows, and ending with the cop drama, The Rookie.

Not really a Mark fan, but nice seeing him again. :thumbsup2

Hi everyone! I'm finally here. My sister has been very sick and I have spent most of the last 2 weeks in Chicago. I watched both shows last night to catch up.

Danelle was passable. But, I expect she will be gone in 2 more episodes. Joe & John will probably go first.

Hi everyone! I'm finally here. My sister has been very sick and I have spent most of the last 2 weeks in Chicago. I watched both shows last night to catch up.

:hug:

This is actually early for you to join in! :thumbsup2 You usually are time shifted. :teleport:

John did much better than I expected. :eek:

He did have a cringy expression every time he had to do a high kick though. :lmao:

Too bad Mark isn't still on the show. If he was, I think he'd have been the host of Juniors. Who is the host? Val? Mark would have been great as he always liked being a mentor to younger dancers AND his parents taught him & both the Houghs.

Yay! Mama, Camryn Manheim is there in the audience. :woohoo:

I agree with Carrie Ann. Nancy seemed a bit flat footed. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter