Dancing With the Stars - Fall 2023

Just re-read the list. Missed Mira Sorvino the first read. She might surprise us.

I'm kind of surprised she's doing this. She's an Academy Award winner and a good actress. After the whole Harvey Weinstein scandal came out and how he blackballed her and ruined her career so she wouldn't get any more work, I thought she'd finally be getting major roles again and make a comeback. Being on DWTS says that hasn't happened and she's having to do a Kirstie Alley to get some publicity & recognition again. :(

I'm kind of surprised she's doing this. She's an Academy Award winner and a good actress. After the whole Harvey Weinstein scandal came out and how he blackballed her and ruined her career so she wouldn't get any more work, I thought she'd finally be getting major roles again and make a comeback. Being on DWTS says that hasn't happened and she's having to do a Kirstie Alley to get some publicity & recognition again. :(
It feels like the strike has had an effect on casting. She probably just needs the work and other projects are not up and running right now.

It feels like the strike has had an effect on casting. She probably just needs the work and other projects are not up and running right now.

Ah, yes! During the pandemic when stuff was still shutdown in L.A. and on Broadway, yet filming in Canada resumed with extreme isolating of the casts & crews, a couple Broadway stars went up to film a Hallmark movie. We would have never seen them in a Hallmark movie otherwise, as they are usually so busy on Broadway or in L.A.

As previously announced already, Alfonso Ribeiro and Julianne Hough are co-hosting. Alfonso will be moving to the dance floor in formerly Tom / Tyra's position. Julianne will be up in the Skybox in formerly Erin / Alfonso's position, interviewing the stars after they dance.

Last edited:
I finally have the mini-bios written for "The Stars" so we have a general reference for them. Let me know if there are changes or additions.

The Stars:
Barry Williams
- Actor in The Brady Bunch and sequel movies & TV specials as Greg Brady.
Alyson Hannigan - Actress & host: Buffy the Vampire Slayer & How I Met Your Mother and American Pie. Host of Penn & Teller: Fool Us.
Tyson Beckford - Model & Actor: in Zoolander, hosted Make Me a Supermodel and was a judge for America's Next Top Model, both on Bravo.
Matt Walsh - Comedian, actor played Mike McLintock in Veep.
Jason Mraz - Grammy-winning singer-songwriter, known for hits including "I'm Yours," "Lucky," "I Won't Give Up."
Jamie Lynn Spears - Singer, actress on Nickelodeon's Zoey 101, sister of Britney Spears.
Harry Jowsey - Australian reality TV star & social media personality. Starred in Netflix's love competition show Too Hot to Handle.
Lele Pons - Venezuelan-American social media star, actress and singer. Has over 100 million followers across her accounts on Instagram, TikTok and YouTube.
Adrian Peterson - NFL pro-football running back. Last with the Seattle Seahawks. In 2014, He was charged with felony child abuse for using a switch to spank his then-4-year-old son, which resulted in cuts and bruises all over the boy's body. Peterson pleaded no contest to a reduced charge of misdemeanor reckless assault.
Mira Sorvino - Academy Award winner for Mighty Aphrodite. Was also in Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion. Her father was actor, Paul Sorvino. Her promising career was ended after she wouldn't succumb Harvey Weinstein's blackmail and sleep with the scumbag.
Charity Lawson - Latest The Bachelorette winner.
Mauricio Umansky - Real Housewives of Beverly Hills husband of Kyle Richards & is a real estate broker.
Ariana Madix - Reality TV show: Vanderpump Rules. Became infamous this spring in the "Scandoval Affair" when she discovered her boyfriend of 9 years is having an affair with her BFF on the show.
Xochitl Gomez - 17-years old, Actress, Disney star in Raven's Home, The Baby-Sitters Club, and the Marvel film Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

Last edited:
Predictions. I haven't seen anyone dance. Yet, I see some potential situations where "Stars" stay around longer than they should as their fans vote to keep them on:

Lele Pons - Venezuelan-American social media star, actress and singer. Has over 100 million followers across her accounts on Instagram, TikTok and YouTube.

Both of these stars as their fans vote to keep them on:
Mauricio Umansky - Real Housewives of Beverly Hills husband of Kyle Richards & is a real estate broker.
Ariana Madix - Reality TV show: Vanderpump Rules. Became infamous this spring in the "Scandoval Affair" when she discovered her boyfriend of 9 years, Tom Sandoval, is having an affair with her BFF on the show. Lisa Vanderpump was a previous contestant and did rather well. So their fans may turn out for Ariana.

Charity Lawson - Latest The Bachelorette winner.
Charity's ABC's newest darling. She cross-promotes for The Bachelorette show, giving a free commercial for that show as long as she stays, so ABC execs will keep her on. Remember the one Bachelor male contestant who was a horrible dancer, yet he kept staying on the show for weeks longer than even HE wanted to stay on?

Same for Xochitl as this season's Disney star.
Xochitl Gomez - 17-years old, Actress, Disney star in Raven's Home, The Baby-Sitters Club, and the Marvel film Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

"Stars" who may go soon:

Adrian's child abuse charge may rile up a lot of people:
Adrian Peterson - NFL pro-football running back. Last with the Seattle Seahawks. In 2014, He was charged with felony child abuse for using a switch to spank his then-4-year-old son, which resulted in cuts and bruises all over the boy's body. Peterson pleaded no contest to a reduced charge of misdemeanor reckless assault.

Or "almost" go:
Jamie Lynn Spears - Singer, actress on Nickelodeon's Zoey 101, sister of Britney Spears.
Britney still has it out for her sister, bashing her on & off, on social media. Britney's fans may try to boot her off. Although, I suspect the show's producers will keep her on regardless of her scores, due to all that extra publicity. She may end up as being in the Bottom 2 many times to assuage Britney's fans, that they are (almost) making a difference.

Last edited:

Why? Why would they allow a child abuser on the show? Unbelievable.

Mira Sorvino was the celebrity the first time we saw the Candlelight Processional at Epcot.

Oh good, that makes more sense. Maybe her father, Paul Sorvino, when he wasn't playing mobsters, brought her to Disney when she was younger. They were very close. I remember when she won her Oscar, she stood up there and said everything she knew about acting, she learned from her father. He was in the audience and he just wept. :sad: So, she probably has more of a family and Disney connection than just being a contestant. :scratchin

Why? Why would they allow a child abuser on the show? Unbelievable.

He's had an incredible career as an NFL football player. The show will probably pull a "Ryan Lochte" when they had allowed Lochte to come on and tell his side of the story and he admitted he was stupid during an incident in Brazil.

Peterson will probably say his grandmother used to give him the switch, (a tree branch whipping,) and she learned it from her grandmother who used to do it to her, as she learned it from her slave owner. So, it's generational abuse passed down.

I only know about it as Mandy mentioned to me there was something stinky in his past. While trying to get the details on the first son, I found this isn't the only child abuse situation in Adrian Peterson's history. He was disciplining another son in his care, while the boy was in a car seat. Allegedly, the boy hit his own forehead on the car seat, while being disciplined. :rolleyes1 :mad:

After Peterson allegedly sent a picture showing the four-year-old boy's head wound covered in bandages, the following exchange played out:

Mother: 'What happened to his head?'
Peterson: 'Hit his head on the Carseat.'​
Mother: 'How does that happen, he got a whoopin in the car.​
Peterson: 'Yep.'​
Mother: 'Why?'​
Peterson: 'I felt so bad. But he did it his self.'​

TMZ added more details as to why charges were never filed:

Sources close to the investigation tell TMZ the reason the case went nowhere is because Adrian did NOT strike the boy in the forehead -- but instead the child accidentally hit his head on a carseat while Adrian was punishing him.
We're also told the form of discipline was "not impermissible." Under Texas law parents are allowed to administer reasonable punishment.​

Add to this, as I was trying to find out details of what happened to the first kid, I found out yet a THIRD son was beaten to death. Not by Peterson, but by the mother's boyfriend. Peterson didn't even know he had that son. He found out only a little while before, and was making plans to visit for the first time when the boy was killed.

Some reports say Peterson has at least six children to six different women, although TMZ says they think he has seven. He supposedly pays child support.

So, I'm betting he will say he's grown up with generational abuse passed down, and hadn't really learned how to do better or be with women who also don't choose better, if he gets a chance. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
He's had an incredible career as an NFL football player. The show will probably pull a "Ryan Lochte" when they had allowed Lochte to come on and tell his side of the story and he admitted he was stupid during an incident in Brazil.

Peterson will probably say his grandmother used to give him the switch, (a tree branch whipping,) and she learned it from her grandmother who used to do it to her, as she learned it from her slave owner. So, it's generational abuse passed down.

I only know about it as Mandy mentioned to me there was something stinky in his past. While trying to get the details on the first son, I found this isn't the only child abuse situation in Adrian Peterson's history. He was disciplining another son in his care, while the boy was in a car seat. Allegedly, the boy hit his own forehead on the car seat, while being disciplined. :rolleyes1 :mad:

After Peterson allegedly sent a picture showing the four-year-old boy's head wound covered in bandages, the following exchange played out:

TMZ added more details as to why charges were never filed:

Add to this, as I was trying to find out details of what happened to the first kid, I found out yet a THIRD son was beaten to death. Not by Peterson, but by the mother's boyfriend. Peterson didn't even know he had that son. He found out only a little while before, and was making plans to visit for the first time when the boy was killed.

Some reports say Peterson has at least six children to six different women, although TMZ says they think he has seven. He supposedly pays child support.

So, I'm betting he will say he's grown up with generational abuse passed down, and hadn't really learned how to do better or be with women who also don't choose better, if he gets a chance. :rolleyes:

To me all this makes it even worse. If there are two known cases of abuse you know there are more. One rarely gets caught after the first incident. Growing up with abuse in no way shape or form makes it okay. I just really really hope that he gets booted first. There is NOTHING that can redeem him in my book.

This may be something to keep your eye on...while Dancing was cleared with SAG, it's not been given an okay from WGA...so there's a chance we could see a delay

This may be something to keep your eye on...while Dancing was cleared with SAG, it's not been given an okay from WGA...so there's a chance we could see a delay

Or they do what was done for the Tony Awards and have no host or writing. The individual presenters just came on stage and listed the nominations, opened the envelope and said the winner. The WGA allowed that.

Maybe for DWTS, the star & pro could say their names at the beginning of a dance and just start dancing? :confused3

Or they do what was done for the Tony Awards and have no host or writing. The individual presenters just came on stage and listed the nominations, opened the envelope and said the winner. The WGA allowed that.

Maybe for DWTS, the star & pro could say their names at the beginning of a dance and just start dancing? :confused3
Maybe, it will be interesting to see what happens.

What about the judging? How would that work?

What about the judging? How would that work?

Allegedly, that's not "scripted." ;) :rolleyes1

So, maybe, for the first time, the judges would actually tell us their real thoughts & feelings and give us scores they thought of.

I'm thinking of an incident during Ginger Zee's season, when Maks was a guest judge. Both he and Bruno gave 10's. The FIRST 10's of the season. But, the producers over-ruled them and said that they had both actually given scores of 9's instead, and that they couldn't change their scores once the paperwork was in. Both guys looked straight into the camera and shook their heads, "NO," they gave 10's. But the 9's stayed.

The following week, Ginger Zee was awarded the "FIRST 10s of the season." And there was a BIG to-do about it. The following week, she received the FIRST perfect score. And every week after, they were really obvious, promoting her to win. I realized how her scores were manufactured either by the show or the ABC execs as Ginger is ABC's weather meteorologist. Her cross-promotion as the winner of DWTS on both GMA & the nightly news would be such a win for ABC. Ginger could have been just an innocent pawn in the whole thing. But, I can't stand to watch her now. When she's on GMA and ABC World News now, I go do other things.

Last edited:

Supposedly game shows and talk shows and some reality TV shows are under different types of contracts. DWTS is categorized as a "reality competition show" for the Emmys and Golden Globes, so I don't know what contract they have.

Whoopi Goldberg and Ken Jennings have said that's why their shows, The View and Jeopardy, respectively, are continuing during the strikes.

(Mayim Bialik is currently not hosting Celebrity Jeopardy regardless, as she is both a writer and an actress, and stands with both unions, regardless.)

Last week, Bill Maher made the announcement that while he stands with the writers positions, his show would continue, as he too feels the responsibility to all the other people working on his show and he sees that talks are at a standstill. He just won't do a beginning monologue (which is clearly written,) and would just jump to the discussion panel of his show, which are all personal opinions of the guests.

A few days ago, Drew Barrymore originally said she was going to continue with the premiere of her new season of her talk show. Then a day or so later, after a lot of backlash, gave a tearful apology to the writers and union members, still holding the position that she's doing what's best for all the people working on her show.

Meanwhile, Tamron Hall, who is mainly a news reporter first, and now a talk show host on ABC, has started her new season in the coveted 2pm ET time slot. She's only had comedians, musicians and unknown guests on her show, as she can't have any SAG actors on, promoting anything. The few times I tuned in for a few minutes, her show is a snooze fest.

NEWS THIS MORNING:

Drew Barrymore has reversed course this morning, after receiving horrendous tongue lashings, bashings and pressure from Rosie O'Donnell, Debra Messing and so many others,
restlessvillagers.gif
and she said she has listened and learned from everyone and will be taking a "pause" with her show.

Immediately after her announcement, Jennifer Hudson and The Talk on CBS have also announced they too are taking a "pause."

Bill Maher said he will also pausing. But, mentioned he originally had decided to continue his show as the talks had seemed to be stalled with no end in sight. Now that there seems to be some movement with scheduled talks between the writers and the studios upcoming, and the possibility of something happening, he's pausing for now and will see how things go.

So, even though these shows may fall under some "talk show" contract, these shows decided not to continue. It might not matter in the end what type of contract DWTS is under.

On the SAG front, the opposing side, the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers, (AMPTP,) reached out to SAG a couple days ago and asked to continue negotiations again. :chat:

Soo, consulting the Magic 8 Ball, it even can't predict yet how any of this will go:

magic8ball.png
;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter