Day one in my backyard..Picture Update 9/19 Gorgeous!!!

Vanessa it is so beautiful! Huge ! Really well done !! Looks like a cover for BH&G.

I particularly like the counters, I think I have the same ones:) That table is fabulous too and the wood floors I could go on and on.

Double ovens are great for more than just cooking 2 things at the same time. If you have a spill over in one you can switch to the other one :hyper: If anyone turns on my top oven right now there will be some major smoke.

Many happy healthy meals to you in your new fabulous designer kitchen!

OMG! OMG!!! It is stunning! It is beautiful!!! It is GORGEOUS!!!!!! I am SO JEALOUS!!!!

I love the faucet! I love the table! I love the cabinets! Can I move in with you??

Did you fill all those cabinets? And, more importantly, can you FIND the stuff once you put it away? I would forget what I put where!

WOW! I am so impressed! I trust you feel this was well worth the wait and the mess and the stinky litter box and even (well maybe almost) the deck covering one of your garden beds!

Best wishes and many great meals in such a beautiful kitchen to you and your family!

Okay - so the BUD meet is at Amids.... when was that date? You can bet that I'll be clearing my calendar to attend! Did I spell calender right?

Your Kitchen looks gorgeous. Looks very big and cosy. :D

Hope your husband has a great time cooking in the kitchen.

Absolutely gorgeous. I coming for peach pie and coffee.

What a great idea, Mamu!! :) :) Peach pie is one of my favourites!!

Start rolling out that pastry, Vanessa!! :p :D

A table with history!! That's very cool!! :)

Vanessa, it's gorgeous! I'm so happy for you!

If I had a kitchen like that, I'd learn how to cook! ::yes:: At least that's what I tell DH.

I love the barn door table. And from France no less! Ooo-la-la!

Congratulations!

Vanessa, I just found this thread! It was fun seeing it from start to finish in less than 5 minutes!:)

We are currently under construction. We also put an addition on, we're getting a new kitchen, new bathroom, new walk in closet, new patio out back with a spa porch and hot tub. We are also putting in a waterfall in our back hill. Hopefully next summer I'll be ready for some landscaping.

I really love your kitchen! Fantastic Job!!! You must be so excited!

Sandi, your new addition sounds like it'll be awesome!!!! ::yes:: Maybe you'll share some pics once the work gets started? :D

BTW, it's great to see you here!! :sunny:

I'm beginning to think these kitchen renos are contagious! Unfortunately, I don't feel like I'm catching anything....:( ;) :crazy:

Sandi, I'd love to see pictures of your progress!

kim, i'm afraid john would build you a commercial kitchen..LOL

Originally posted by Snowwark
Maybe you'll share some pics once the work gets started? :D
BTW, it's great to see you here!! :sunny:

It started back in June. The addition is on, the roof is raised, all the walls are knocked down and all the framing is done. The bathroom and kitchen are gutted. We just had new ductwork run and new plumbing, we are now waiting on the electrician who is suppossed to start tomorrow.
The new windows and sliding glass doors will be in at the end of the week. So will the skylights.

Thanks Kim! I know it's been a while. I wasn't able to do any planting this year in the yard because of this construction. But once the new patio and waterfall are done, I'll be ready for some landscaping. I'll try to take some photos.

That's a huge undertaking, Ranatra!! Was it one of those, 'either we do this or move', situations? :)

I look forward to your pics!! :sunny:

Vanessa, if John had the time (and the money! :)), he'd love to buy older homes and completely renovate them. Kind of a dream of his. :)

We've still been looking for a house to buy. Checked out 3 of them this weekend, but none were suitable.

Best wishes Ranatra with your huge undertaking. Sounds like the finished project will be wonderful.

We bought our last house knowing we would make many changes to it. Just about everything was remodeled or rebuilt. It was a labor of love. With so many happy memories wrapped up inside the walls it was very hard to leave. DH was offered a great position here in NJ or I would not have left as it was he had to commute for 6 months till we found this house. After all those years of changing things it didn't take long before we were ripping out walls and redoing things here too.

Kim, Keep up the spirit in finding your dream home. It can be so disheartening at times. Good thing is, it's a buyers market with prices starting to decline and rates still low (at least here it is).

Originally posted by Snowwark
Was it one of those, 'either we do this or move', situations? :)

Kinda. We bought the house that I grew up in. It's at the end of a cul de sac, with woods behind my house and very private and quiet. We like it here. Now we just want to get the house the way we want it. My parents hadn't done much in the way of remodeling at all over the years.

No wonder you want to stay there, Sandi, it sounds like a lovely location, and your true 'home'. :) :)

Places like that (with woods behind them) around here, are few and far between.

Kim :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter