Day one in my backyard..Picture Update 9/19 Gorgeous!!!

Originally posted by amid chaos
I was away in NYC for 3 days and when I returned the old wall was gone and now the new room is open...and OMG it's huge.....
Huge??? Don't ya mean HUMONGOUS?? CAVERNOUS??? Oh! What's that? I think I hear an ECHO....echo... echo.... LOL!

This is gonna be great! What a PARTY ROOM!!!!

Yes, I am jealous and it's not because of your talking voices - it's because of your humongous room!!!

Keep these updates coming when possible. We are just so nosey!

Just happened across this thread...(this board scares me ;)...I'm not a gardening person :(). What an exciting project!!! I have this fear that if I had an awesome kitchen, I'd feel pressured to COOK! :eek: But I probably don't have to worry about that happening (a new kitchen).

Anyway, Vanessa...best of luck with the rest of the project!! It's shaping up and it sounds like it's going to be GORGEOUS!! I'll check back for more progress updates. :)

Welcome , Mare! :flower3:

It scares me too, sometimes!! ::yes:: If you like flowers (no one claims to be an expert...lol), you're in!! :) :)

Vanessa, I'm almost afraid to ask.....how were things under the deck???? :confused:

New pics soon? Pretty please..lol.....:tongue:

Good morning kim. Things were ok under there...kind of a sickly light green, but hopefully they will green up with some sunshine.

The windows are coming next Monday (with another crane, hope this one doesnt get stuck), so I'll hold off posting a picture until then.

The excavation brought up a ton of sand...my backyard is like a sand box. Even underneath the screened in porch is now full of sand and the cats are using it for a litter box and it STINKS. So yesterday i crawled under there and removed as much sand as I could and replaced it with leaves and rocks...hopefully that will be a deterant cause on a hot summer day sitting on a litter box is not going to be pleasant.

You were crawling around in the giant litter box, Vanessa? :eek:

What a dirty job that must of been...yikes!

:crazy2:

Looking forward to the window pics! :) :)

Vanessa, have been thinking about you and your project...how's it coming along?

I've been thinking about you A LOT in the last few days because we're getting new countertops today (cheapies) and an as-yet-unpurchased stove, and my kitchen is turned upside down. No stove (no cooking, no FOOD) for 2 days now, and no sink since last night. I emailed DH this morning to find out where he put the microwave (the garage), but it was too much work to move it and plug it in for a cup of coffee. WWAAHHH! NO COFFEE!!

I've been wanting new countertops since we moved here 17 years ago. When Dave accidentally set it on fire a few months ago, that was the clincher! :teeth:

Anyway...it's making me crazy dealing with this...I could NEVER deal with a huge renovation, altho I bet I like YOUR results better than MINE! Hope things are coming along!!

Oh...the kids are doing pretty well. Hope your DD had a great first year in college. :)

Hi mare....I bet your new counter tops will make your kitchen like brand new! Is your husband installing them?

I havent had a kitchen since January...looks like it will be mid July before I have an intact kitchen. The old stove and fridge are in my dining room and everything else is upstairs in the laundry room where I have a sink.

My suggestion to you is to eat out while you can and while it is still new enough to enjoy it. I made meat loaf a few weeks ago and the kids, who usually turn their nose up at meatloaf, ate what was on their plates and asked for more. it dawned on me then that all they wanted was a home cooked meal.:eek:

Go get the microwave...it's cool today and you might want that coffee.

Everyone is fine here...Norah got home the other night, she
had a GREAT year!

Originally posted by amid chaos
Is your husband installing them?
:eek: Oh gosh, no. We decided we wanted it done RIGHT! LOL The rent-a-husbands ;) (ie, the countertop people) are scheduled to arrive at 3ish PM.

I found the Farberware coffeemaker on the porch, so I've got myself a POT of coffee brewing...amen!

It's amazing what you find when you clean out all the cabinets...all sorts of things that ended up shoved in the back. While it's all out, I'll sort and get rid of stuff...so liberating!

Good for Norah! I've got college on my mind a lot, even tho it's another two years away.

Any new pictures to post of the kitchen, or are you waiting until the grand unveiling?

Thinking about you in all the heat and now rain. You must be frustrated too without a garden to vent in.. I mean dig in.

Must be good to have Norah home though. I can't imagine how I'll feel next year at this time. My #1DS is graduating from HS this month. It's very emotional for me. He's planning his trip to Univ. of Alabama.
A long way away:(

Norah is home? Hey, that's great! :) Say Hi to her for me, okay Vanessa? :wave:

Awww Deb....:( It must be difficult to let them go.....

I envy both of you, I'd love a new kitchen!! ::yes:: Actually, I'd love a new house! :teeth:

Got tired of waiting for the DIS photo gallery, using imagestation.

Back of house with conservatory windows
f882f67a.jpg

View of kitchen
f882f0ee.jpg

Oh Vanessa, it is beautiful! So big and with all those windows you'll have full sun all day! I bet the night sky is beautiful too from inside.

I have palladium windows and at night when I can't sleep (alot lately) I come down and watch the stars.

Vanessa, that is awesome!!!! :eek: :sunny: This is going to be fabulous when it's all done! :Pinkbounc Maybe I'll get invited to see it....;)

Bud bus trip to Vanessa's place for a garden party next year!! :tongue:

wow! that is a gorgeous addition! Congratulations and I can't wait to see more pics!

tricia.

I have more pictures to post but for some reason the photo gallery wont let me upload them...oh well.

Everythign is primed and ready to paint on monday...they are using a sprayer so it should go on very quickly. I stepped out of my comfort zone and used colors..:teeth: Arizona tan for the walls and mystic beige for the trim...ceiling and doors are white. i was goign to go really wild and paint with some dark greens but i chickened out.

Floor goes in wednesday, Fireplace on Thursday.

Looks like we will be done the very end of July or beginning of August...too long. Still doing without a kitchen.

What, no white?????? :eek: :tongue: Hey, beige is beautiful.....and the colour of my kitchen. :teeth:

You could email the pics to me, Vanessa, I'd be happy to put them up for you, besides, I'm nosey as heck!!!! I wanna see them!!! :tongue:

Snowwark@Netscape.net

:flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter