Day one in my backyard..Picture Update 9/19 Gorgeous!!!

Ta da....presenting, Vanessa's kitchen!! :Pinkbounc

Looking from the kichen to the family room area. Primed and ready to paint!
amidkitchentofamilyrm.jpg

Kitchen area.
amidkitchen.jpg

Vanessa, this is soooo exciting! It's going to be fabulous!!! :D :bounce: :D

When did you say you were inviting all the Buds down, to help you re-landscape? ;) :tongue:

The kitchen space is wonderful! It's going to be worth the wait!

Bobbi:D

September Kim...let's do it in September...abit cooler and the kids will be in school...:teeth:

Bud party in september!

Thanks for posting them kim!

It's beautiful Vanessa! Congratulations! It's so light and airy. To be able to cook again and in such a fabulous kitchen wow.

Oh my! The kitchen is going to be HUGE!!! You will run your little feet off walking from the stove to the fridge to the sink... and you will be enjoying it all the while.

BTW - I am SO Jealous. I have a teeny kitchen -- lost the word for what it is called -- just two counters opposite each other with a door at one end and a table at the other.

Be warned: GREEN JEALOUSY MONSTER REARING ITS UGLY HEAD!!!! I would DEFINITELY go to a BUD meet at your house.... to STEAL YOUR KITCHEN AWAY WITH ME!!! HAHAHAHHA!

Tulirose...is it a "galley" kitchen?

We have teased that a pair of roller skates might be necessary to cook in the new kitchen.

First coat of paint went on yesterday. My first choice of color was a great green but I chickened out and chose Arizona Tan for the walls...it looks great, I am so pleased.

Floor is supposed to go in today and tomorrow, but we doubt we will see them today...quess they are rather busy. But everytime someone puts us off a few days it , of course, pushes everything else back and the days add up to weeks on the end of the project...:confused:

Amid's awesome new floor!!!! :D

It's beautiful Vanessa! :) Care to share your floor story with us? :D

amid_snewfloor.jpg

Thanks Kim...ok, the floor story.

Our floor came in and was ready to install. the day before, we got a call from the store owner...he said someone had rejected a floor from the same company (it was too dark) and he didnt want to send it back to Sweden. he wanted to know if we wanted to take a look at it. it was very similar to the floor we had chosen, just made of a harder wood. Merbeau VS cherry. We decided to take it and found out that it was Paul Fireman who rejected the floor...the owner of Reebok. Just a fun story about our floor.

Vanessa, is it a Pergo floor? We have a wood laminate floor in our kitchen/hallway, but it's not Pergo, I think it's Columbia...maybe...lol.

:scratchin

You refer to it now as your Reebok floor though, right? :teeth:

Originally posted by amid chaos
Tulirose...is it a "galley" kitchen?
Yeah, I guess that's it - galley kitchen, but I seem to think there is another name for it too, like TOO TINY!

Snowwark's pictures no longer show but doesn't make me any less jealous cuz I certainly remember how it looked! Hope you are cooking up a storm in it by now or, if not, very shortly!

The pictures are back!! :) I hope you guys get a chance to check them out!

Occasionally, Worldzone goes down for a while.

Gail, very nice to see you here!!! :flower3: :)

What wonderful pics. I LOVE that color you chose. I hadn't been over here for a while and saw this post and all the progress....very very nice!!!!

OMG!!!! Vanessa, it's absolutely gorgeous!!!! :sunny:

I love it, it's beautiful!!! :) Are you happy with it? You must be, it's like something from a magazine!! :Pinkbounc :D :Pinkbounc

vanessakitchsept.04.jpg

Thanks for posting the picture, kim and I noticed you changed the title too. LOL

As of Thursday there are no more guys here at 7am. We are moved in and enjoying it very much. I thought not using an architect was going to be the downfall of the project, but Dave did a great job on the kitchen. I guess his dreaming about it for 25 years really helped...LOL

I was very uncomfortable with the big stove and double ovens but I love the small oven..it heats up quick and cooks really fast. I haven't mastered the convection oven yet...not sure even what it is.

The big TV and media system he ordered while I was away is ok...still dont like TV, but the music system is great.

Vanessa, it's fantastic!! ::yes::

I love your stove, the cupboards, counters, well, pretty much everything!!! :sunny: You guys have great taste! :)

Is the table new? I love that too...lol. :)

The big TV and media system must be in the new family room addition, right? Any pics of that? Did you have speakers wired through the house?

:bounce:

OMG Vanessa, Your new kitchen is awesome!!! I wouldn't know ho to act in something that gorgeous. I love your floors. I have been thinking of putting wood floors throughout the main areas of my house. I have heard different responses from different people. How do you like them?

Kim, Dave bought the table, seats 10. It is an old barn door from France...they just put the legs on it, still has barn hardware on it.

the media system is on the other side of the room from the kitchen and yes, he wired the whole freaking house...

:rolleyes:

chessie...so far I like the wood floors...have a couple scratches from construction..I havent attempted to repair them, but with the repair kit, it should be pretty easy. Ask me in a few months..LOL

That's a fabulous looking kitchen! Enjoy all of the great times and family and friends who join you there.

Bobbi:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter