DDC XXX: Mike Mike Mike Mike Mike, What Day Is It Mike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Guys! Well I need a few prayers myself. I'm on day 8 of being ill. What I thought was just a cold maybe more.

I'll spare you the details....I'll have my trash can close by.

:eew:

Looking for some sage advice. On our last trip, our girls out of nowhere became interested in pins and trading. As Christmas will soon be upon us, I was thinking some pins in their stockings would be a great idea. Since we are just getting into this, does anyone have any suggestions on starter sets and such? Or accessories?

We bought a couple of lots off of EBay before our last trip and saves serious $$$. You can put together a really good trading selection as well as keeping the ones you want this way.

Be careful with the Ebay purchases. We bought a lot off of a seller a couple of trips ago because DS was into trading at that time. I think of the 30 pins we bought, 10 to 15 of them were fakes.

Glad to hear you and your dad are keeping in good spirits Brent. We'll keep sending you the good thoughts to help everyone through.

Here are a few pics of some of the platters we did yesterday...

Now I'm hungry...nice work! Hope your kids feel better.

Morning....made it through last night. Only stayed for just over an hour and escaped. Dad wasn;y feeling very well again. We are wondering if he maybe has the flu bug going around. Trying to get him into the hospital to be checked out. Sounded a bit better this morning.

The whole thing has thrown me into a state of depression, DW noticed and I can acknowledge it. I'll try to hide it with my razor-sharp wit.

Hang in there Brent!

So I've only been on aww board (its more fun and safe here ;] ) for a little bit and posted only a couple times.. and I'm not qualified as a man... but..

I got engaged! Woo! DBF DIS a great job finding a ring! :))))) now for planning our disneymoon!! Woot!

Congratulations! :woohoo:

HA, Reread your original post. Must have misread it or something.

But after rereading it and then this comment, what your saying is you are santa?

As long as I have children and grandchildren, I will be Santa. So, Yes Jason, there is a Santa Claus. :santa:

Morning Guys! Well I need a few prayers myself. I'm on day 8 of being ill. What I thought was just a cold maybe more.

Feel better soon, Scott! pixiedust:

Good morning Dads. Hope all are enjoying this time of year and remembering what its all about. And remember, every means another week closer to the next Disney trip whether booked or just in the planning or thinking about it stage.

Hope you get better soon, especially at this time of the year

Wow, still here I see! Good morning men. I hope everyone had a good weekend. Snow, Ice and freezing rain today. Perfect for a Monday morning.

DD's hoop team went 2-0 over our opening weekend. A 13-12 OT win on Saturday. DD hit the winning foul shot with 15 seconds left in OT. Opposing coach played 2-3 zone the whole game which I hate at 5th grade. I don't feel it teaches the players anything sine most girls at this age don't have the strength to shoot from outside. When you play zone it shows the focus on winning and not teaching/coaching the kids how to play. In the second game, DD scored 6 points in a 28-15 victory. First place baby!

DS and his team also won their first game this weekend. DS scored 8 points and had a bunch of assists as well.

Off to catch up on the weekend activity. Stay safe and hopefully Monday will be over quickly.

I didn't know anyone actually bought those things. We always make fun of those.

:rotfl2:

So true... :rotfl2:

My folks had one, and when they sold their house and moved into a condo, they tried to give it to me. I just laughed at them. I think my brother took it.

What's going on in Ontario? You guys are all sick.

Sick here - still have this Pink Eye... and turning into a bit of a cold as well.

Home from work today to try to recoup. Have to be back in the office tomorrow as I am doing a training session with some new reps.

In Atlanta rather than Charlotte. Aunt did pass away this afternoon so we will be traveling weather permitting.

Sorry for your loss, prayers being sent to your family.

Morning guys. The play was a huge success! Both DD's did well. The one who was the lead rembered all her lines and surprised us by her dramatic abilities. Inlaws are leaving after lunch :cool1:

Congratulations to the girls.:thumbsup2 And on the in laws leaving.:lmao::lmao:

Well, My wife thinks she has our oldest convinced as of right now but he is questioning Santa. He is 10 tomorrow and in 5th grade. I guess he heard some of his friends talking about it.
My wife asked him about the presents he gets from santa.
He said We could just be putting his name on gifts.
I don't know what else was said but my wife says she thinks he isn't 100% convinced.

When or how did you guys work this one?

It was 5th grade when DS starting the questions. Basically was covered by "if you want to risk not having presents under the tree, then don't believe". That got us an extra year, but in 6th grade the cat was out of the bag. He has done a very good job of keep DD unaware. DD is now in 5th and I still believes, but I can see it will maybe be one more year. I would say keep him believing as long as possible, but that may not be too much longer.

Make fun of it all you want it works great! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

It works great on the minimal amount of snow you guys get - once every 4 years.

If you have a foot or more, it really doesn't work all that great.

Here's something that ALWAYS works great...

31ys8-cPA8L.jpg

If you have four sick children under 7, would you keep them home? Or, would you bring them to a performance so they can cough in the back of my head? Some people should not be allowed to be parents.

Well if all 4 of them are sick, then OK. If it was only 1 they would have stayed home.:lmao::lmao:

Morning....made it through last night. Only stayed for just over an hour and escaped. Dad wasn;y feeling very well again. We are wondering if he maybe has the flu bug going around. Trying to get him into the hospital to be checked out. Sounded a bit better this morning.

The whole thing has thrown me into a state of depression, DW noticed and I can acknowledge it. I'll try to hide it with my razor-sharp wit.:rotfl2:

Prayers for your dad. Hope he gets better soon. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help brighten that mood. For the dads on the card list, we will be getting them out in the mail shortly. For everyone else…..Merry Christmas and stay safe.

Pics are from our day in Discovery Cove in August.

Crazy couple of weeks, not much Dis time. Hope everyone is doing well.
Prayers for all that are in need.

We have been crazy busy with the restaurant and a bunch of catering. i will try and post some pics later. On top of all that our youngest DS is not feeling well the last couple of weeks, he had a fever all day yesterday and a sore throat. Spent the morning a the walk in clinic and he has strep throat and a possible ear infection, got a first dose of antibiotics into him and he is starting to perk up.

Hope everyone stays healthy over the next few weeks. :santa::santa:

Busy is good, right? More $$ for planning that next trip. Sorry DS is not feeling well. Hope he is back to normal quickly.

Here are a few pics of some of the platters we did yesterday...

A843A9D3-7F5A-4F9E-AE69-BE250971E737-172-000000164A1CFDF4_zps5e963a3e.jpg

6AD83A01-6CCE-43EC-B6E2-34498E03CCFC-172-00000017034BE57C_zps4cba5d8a.jpg

84004C8E-1B03-4698-8214-740CAB1D7538-172-0000001793AAFCC8_zps1945c83e.jpg

There were 8 total for two different jobs, we have another one mid week for 100 people. Been pretty nuts but you got to take when you can get it.
On the home front DS # 2 is in bed on meds and DS # 1 just got home from a friends with a fever and a sore throat...guess its back to the clinic in the morning.

Yes please! Feel free to make an extra platter or two and send them down here. I'll make sure to invite all the dads in the area.

Evening, men. Hope all is well. Been consumed with many non-Disney things. Which I'm not happy about. But don't want to complain as being busy isn't necessarily a bad thing! I had a long day in the cold watching the Steelers shooting themselves in the foot and finally ending playoff hopes (you're welcome, Randall!) I'm hoping to call it an early evening and catch up on all the happenings within this happy corner of the Earth.

Hey Brett.:wave2: Can't say I'm sad to see the Steelers eliminated since the Patriots are slowly filling the mash unit. I do have to say that it's about time we got the right end of a call at the end of a game, even if it was a bad call. Sets up the division clinching game agains CJ and the Phins next week. We win, we are AFC East champs and headed to the playoffs as the 2 or 3 seed. We lose and the Phins get one more week of hope that they have a shot.

Evening Dads. DD has finished her first semester of college with all A's and came home yesterday for the holiday break. Watching my Blackhawks struggles continue a bit. Here's to a good week and safe travels.

Congratulation to DD on the grades!

HA, Reread your original post. Must have misread it or something.

But after rereading it and then this comment, what your saying is you are santa?

Yes, he is Santa Claus. You will all need to help him out this year though as he is recovering and the Doctor will not clear him to drop in and out of chimney's this year.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Prayers being sent Scott. Hope you feel better soon.

Hope you're feeling better.

Wow, still here I see! Good morning men. I hope everyone had a good weekend. Snow, Ice and freezing rain today. Perfect for a Monday morning.

DD's hoop team went 2-0 over our opening weekend. A 13-12 OT win on Saturday. DD hit the winning foul shot with 15 seconds left in OT. Opposing coach played 2-3 zone the whole game which I hate at 5th grade. I don't feel it teaches the players anything sine most girls at this age don't have the strength to shoot from outside. When you play zone it shows the focus on winning and not teaching/coaching the kids how to play. In the second game, DD scored 6 points in a 28-15 victory. First place baby!

DS and his team also won their first game this weekend. DS scored 8 points and had a bunch of assists as well.

Off to catch up on the weekend activity. Stay safe and hopefully Monday will be over quickly.

Congrats to the kids, well done.

No zone defense allowed here until at least high school. Zone doesn't teach many skills.

It was 5th grade when DS starting the questions. Basically was covered by "if you want to risk not having presents under the tree, then don't believe". That got us an extra year, but in 6th grade the cat was out of the bag. He has done a very good job of keep DD unaware. DD is now in 5th and I still believes, but I can see it will maybe be one more year. I would say keep him believing as long as possible, but that may not be too much longer.

Yeah i guess he came up to my wife and told her he is 50/50 on it. I don't know if there is much left we can do to keep him believing. May just sit him down talk to him so he doesn't ruin it for our younger son.

Think it's good had computer problems getting it up.

Ok 2 things here.
1 - I think they make pills for that. :rotfl:
2 - Where is the tag fairy? That one is a keeper for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter