DDC XXXIII: Bad Idea Factory!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, let’s start over here.

‘Morning all…

Congrats to David on getting the last word in XXXII.

Thanks again Randall for looking after the new thread set up. We all appreciate it mightily
I’m still curious as to what got posted that caused such panic but I suspect it’s best I don’t know.

I’ll work up the numbers from the old thread later on if y’all are still interested in such.
It appears that I’ll have a bit of extra time to work on ‘em. :sad2:

AirGoofy said:
Probably. I haven't played a tournament in over 20 years. There might be a side betting pool on when I get oxygen or the AED. :lmao:

If I tried to play a tourney my arm would fall off. My shoulder can't take the torque of serving that much.

Here’s a nice bad idea for y’all.

Park one of your cars where it don’t belong and where you won’t see it right off when climbing into another one of your vehicles. Then use that second auto to back square into the driver’s side door of the first one.
:headache:

I’m currently sitting in my house waiting to hear back from my insurance agent.

banging-head-against-brick-wall.gif

Bummer, sorry to hear. Hopefully the day gets better.

Morning...seems like I missed something last night...or not..:tfl2::rotfl2:

What? Where? How? How is Sarnia?

Nothing ruins a perfectly good Friday like realizing it's only Thursday. :sad:

So, twice in the past two days we've walked into the living room to find that both the TV and the DirecTV box are turned on. The first time, no one was in the house, so we can't blame the kids. Then this morning I come downstairs to find the TV on PBS, which is not the channel it was was on when I shut it off and went to bed. At first, I thought maybe a power outage and the devices turned back on after power was restored. But there is no way that would cause them to change channel. Then I thought maybe a neighbor got a new remote, but my devices us IR, not RF, so they would need a line of sight to the box.

I'm out of ideas. Anyone care to throw out some Bad Ideas?:confused3

Paranormal Activity 9?

Good morning, David and congratulations as you got the last post in on the old thread. 5;09 AM ET was the closing post.

Woo hoo

Good Morning David! Congratulations on getting the last word in. Think this is a first for you, yes? :lmao:

Yes!!

Who in their right mind, gets up at 5am just so they can get the last word in???? Congrats David. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

I have to get up early to get quiet time ;)

Morning Men. Well done David! In honour of your achievement, I'm going golfing.

Hit me long and straight!!

Better have your sniffer checked. Sean, Barry, and CJ already posted in here. ;)
Deep Dish Pizza, Wisconsin Dairy Air, and Fish. I'm trademarking that smell and bottling it this weekend.

Morning Men.

Well done David! In honour of your achievement, I'm going golfing.
Oh man, I wish I was out drinking beer on a golf course today. :(

Probably. I haven't played a tournament in over 20 years. There might be a side betting pool on when I get oxygen or the AED. :lmao:
Have you considered hollowing out the handle on your racquet and sticking a little flask in there?

Park one of your cars where it don’t belong and where you won’t see it right off when climbing into another one of your vehicles. Then use that second auto to back square into the driver’s side door of the first one.

I’m currently sitting in my house waiting to hear back from my insurance agent.

Ouch. I was putting a window AC unit in an upstairs bedroom one time and dropped one of the support braces. Right onto my car's windshield directly below. From then on, my installation checklist included "move the car" as step 1.

As it’s become tradition…
Here’s the numbers from the last thread

Nice job, stats. :thumbsup2

What? Where? How? How is Sarnia?

Sarnia was the usual. Been home since Sunday night, doing the Staycation thing this week, taking the girls to local places. Sunday we head to the cottage for a week.

So, here is the story of what happen with the thread closing and me.

I had grabbed a picture from Google and posted it, we all know how to do that, it's easy and I have never had any problems with it. The picture posted fine, cute little smiley holding a thread is closed sign. I then logged out and spent some quality time with my young wife, watching TV.

Some time later my phone started to blow up with messages from the DISDad's Extraction Team. And Thank You Guys from the Bottom of My Heart for that. They were on the thread and saw that I had posted a series of very inappropriate pictures, and by inappropriate pictures, I mean the last thing most of us want to look at. It looked like I was hacked.

I dropped the phone and logged in quickly and changed my password, I had a little trouble with that as I was a little upset. After i changed it, I went looking for these pictures to get rid of them. Trouble was, I couldn't find them. I asked where it was and was told where to look for it. I went there and all I saw was the picture I posted of the smiley. I deleted it and was told the bad pictures were gone.

I think the picture was the problem with a link to the bad pictures, don't think I was hacked as it was the same post and the same picture I posted when I deleted it.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it!

I had grabbed a picture from Google and posted it, we all know how to do that, it's easy and I have never had any problems with it. The picture posted fine, cute little smiley holding a thread is closed sign. I then logged out and spent some quality time with my young wife, watching TV.

Some time later my phone started to blow up with messages from the DISDad's Extraction Team. And Thank You Guys from the Bottom of My Heart for that. They were on the thread and saw that I had posted a series of very inappropriate pictures, and by inappropriate pictures, I mean the last thing most of us want to look at. It looked like I was hacked.

I dropped the phone and logged in quickly and changed my password, I had a little trouble with that as I was a little upset. After i changed it, I went looking for these pictures to get rid of them. Trouble was, I couldn't find them. I asked where it was and was told where to look for it. I went there and all I saw was the picture I posted of the smiley. I deleted it and was told the bad pictures were gone.

I think the picture was the problem with a link to the bad pictures, don't think I was hacked as it was the same post and the same picture I posted when I deleted it.

So it would show you one thing and the rest of the world something else? :eek:
That comes under the heading of “Not Good”.

Any idea what site or board that changeling came from? I’d certainly like to avoided picking up anything from the same source. Glad you were able to get it straightened out quickly and a good sized “At’ta Boy” goes out to the guys that warned you.

:lmao: nice!

We booked it for our November trip. It's our first time going, butI've heard all good things.

This will be our 5th or 6th time. First was when she was about two. I enjoy the show, all you care to drink beer/wine and love the fried chicken. Did I mention it is all the beer you can drink?

Good Morning David!

Congratulations on getting the last word in. Think this is a first for you, yes? :lmao:

Who in their right mind, gets up at 5am just so they can get the last word in????

Congrats David. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

A couple of us. I missed it by this much.

So, twice in the past two days we've walked into the living room to find that both the TV and the DirecTV box are turned on. The first time, no one was in the house, so we can't blame the kids...

Probably Norm finally deciding to pack up the trailer and instead of heading south he went north by mistake. Better check your front lawn.

Ouch. I remember when Crash was earning her nickname, someone drove their car through the garage door. Could easily be wrong but I remember it was either Tim or Don. Not a fun experience.

Speaking of Crash, she told me yesterday a camera trap caught her not completely stopping before she made a right turn on red. She thought I would be mad but it was difficult considering the same thing happened to me at the same spot a couple of months ago.

So, here is the story of what happen with the thread closing and me...

I see a new way to place blame when something goes wrong. "It was Google's fault."

Well done Carl, well done... Taking this whole nemesis thing to another level... :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter