DDC XXXIII: Bad Idea Factory!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it would show you one thing and the rest of the world something else? :eek:
That comes under the heading of “Not Good”.

Any idea what site or board that changeling came from? I’d certainly like to avoided picking up anything from the same source. Glad you were able to get it straightened out quickly and a good sized “At’ta Boy” goes out to the guys that warned you.

forum.onlydutch

Woo Hoo! Beat my nemsis to the new thread. Of course it helps that he's lost in a desert somewhere. :rotfl2:

Home from work. Time to start icing knees, elbows, etc. Only 24 hours for game time.

This will be our 5th or 6th time. First was when she was about two. I enjoy the show, all you care to drink beer/wine and love the fried chicken. Did I mention it is all the beer you can drink?

I liked the SOA show experience better. But, HDDR is indoors so little chance of weather problems. Plus, we have awesome fried chicken & ribs here in KY.

Probably Norm finally deciding to pack up the trailer and instead of heading south he went north by mistake. Better check your front lawn.
."

I can handle the weather this time of year. As for changing tv channels, that is a lot of work. I would need to contract that out.

If I tried to play a tourney my arm would fall off. My shoulder can't take the torque of serving that much.

I've been playing a few months and the serve is working. I can serve & volley, but have no lateral movement with my knee. My elbow/ tricep was sore after 3 consecutive of playing. My strategy this weekend is survival.

As it’s become tradition…
Here’s the numbers from the last thread

DDC-XXXII-Top30_zpsa900bac9.jpg

DDC-XXXII-AllTime_zps257c87c5.jpg

:

Thanks, Stats. I'm partial to these two.

Have you considered hollowing out the handle on your racquet and sticking a little flask in there?

Well, there's another strategy idea. I'm sure it couldn't hurt. :lmao:

Sarnia was the usual. Been home since Sunday night, doing the Staycation thing this week, taking the girls to local places. Sunday we head to the cottage for a week.

Jealous of those 17 consecutive vacation days. Enjoy. :beach:

So, here is the story of what happen with the thread closing and me.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it!

That's some story.

Park one of your cars where it don’t belong and where you won’t see it right off when climbing into another one of your vehicles. Then use that second auto to back square into the driver’s side door of the first one.
:headache:
]

Any chance you can blame this on other family members? Or, better yet, blame it on CJ? :lmao:

Wow Randall... What a story!

Good thing you got some decent men out there looking out for you... ;)

I had grabbed a picture from Google and posted it, we all know how to do that, it's easy and I have never had any problems with it. The picture posted fine, cute little smiley holding a thread is closed sign. I then logged out and spent some quality time with my young wife, watching TV.

Some time later my phone started to blow up with messages from the DISDad's Extraction Team. And Thank You Guys from the Bottom of My Heart for that. They were on the thread and saw that I had posted a series of very inappropriate pictures, and by inappropriate pictures, I mean the last thing most of us want to look at. It looked like I was hacked.

I dropped the phone and logged in quickly and changed my password, I had a little trouble with that as I was a little upset. After i changed it, I went looking for these pictures to get rid of them. Trouble was, I couldn't find them. I asked where it was and was told where to look for it. I went there and all I saw was the picture I posted of the smiley. I deleted it and was told the bad pictures were gone.

I think the picture was the problem with a link to the bad pictures, don't think I was hacked as it was the same post and the same picture I posted when I deleted it.

Glad nothing bad came of it in the end. If you can't trust the internet, who can you trust?

Nothing ruins a perfectly good Friday like realizing it's only Thursday. :sad:

So, twice in the past two days we've walked into the living room to find that both the TV and the DirecTV box are turned on. The first time, no one was in the house, so we can't blame the kids. Then this morning I come downstairs to find the TV on PBS, which is not the channel it was was on when I shut it off and went to bed. At first, I thought maybe a power outage and the devices turned back on after power was restored. But there is no way that would cause them to change channel. Then I thought maybe a neighbor got a new remote, but my devices us IR, not RF, so they would need a line of sight to the box.

I'm out of ideas. Anyone care to throw out some Bad Ideas?:confused3

Power surges? Ghosts who pledge to support public broadcasting?

Hit me long and straight!!

Oh man, I wish I was out drinking beer on a golf course today. :(

We hit them long and straight enough to finish 3rd with a net score of 49.

No beer on the course in this tournament. The tournament is organized by a group called Maritime NHLers for Kids. They always bring in minor hockey players to act as caddies but really they are there to meet the celebrities. As long as the kids are at the course, there is no drinking. Now last night at the dinner and auction, it was a different story.

Overall, it was a pretty good day and the charity that we run to get kids involved in sport should get at least $10,000. The total raised gets split between the three Maritime provinces.

I had grabbed a picture from Google and posted it, we all know how to do that, it's easy and I have never had any problems with it. The picture posted fine, cute little smiley holding a thread is closed sign. I then logged out and spent some quality time with my young wife, watching TV.

Some time later my phone started to blow up with messages from the DISDad's Extraction Team. And Thank You Guys from the Bottom of My Heart for that. They were on the thread and saw that I had posted a series of very inappropriate pictures, and by inappropriate pictures, I mean the last thing most of us want to look at. It looked like I was hacked.

I dropped the phone and logged in quickly and changed my password, I had a little trouble with that as I was a little upset. After i changed it, I went looking for these pictures to get rid of them. Trouble was, I couldn't find them. I asked where it was and was told where to look for it. I went there and all I saw was the picture I posted of the smiley. I deleted it and was told the bad pictures were gone.

I think the picture was the problem with a link to the bad pictures, don't think I was hacked as it was the same post and the same picture I posted when I deleted it.

That's crazy.

Very glad that you are still here with us Randall.

No beer on the course in this tournament. The tournament is organized by a group called Maritime NHLers for Kids. They always bring in minor hockey players to act as caddies but really they are there to meet the celebrities. As long as the kids are at the course, there is no drinking. Now last night at the dinner and auction, it was a different story.

Overall, it was a pretty good day and the charity that we run to get kids involved in sport should get at least $10,000. The total raised gets split between the three Maritime provinces.

Sounds like a good time. :thumbsup2

Very glad that you are still here with us Randall.

Well that makes one of us... :rolleyes1

Kidding, kidding. ;) If you're going to try and get banned again, you better not do it without me! :hyper2:

I think I remember this guy. How are things?

Hey CJ How you been? Good to see you too! I think the family and I are going to be in WDW in October the same time as you...and a few other Dads:thumbsup2

Nothing ruins a perfectly good Friday like realizing it's only Thursday. :sad:
LOLOLOL….

So, twice in the past two days we've walked into the living room to find that both the TV and the DirecTV box are turned on.
Possibly Ryder started DVRing shows?

PBS? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'm out of ideas. Anyone care to throw out some Bad Ideas?:confused3
How many beers did you have over the weekend?

Tim did it.
::yes::

The life of Tim? Next, you'll be snorkeling all the time. I thought summer were the busy work months. :confused3 :lmao:
May & June is work everyday… July & August is play every weekday and work every weekend.

It is my Friday, and way to work in the name of the thread to the post. I think Tim is boating outside your house and messing with your tv channels when everyone is gone. :lmao:
His house isn't that close to the lake…. :rolleyes1

Glad you are still with us. Did you get contacted by the mods, or was it fixed quick enough?

This will be our 5th or 6th time. First was when she was about two. I enjoy the show, all you care to drink beer/wine and love the fried chicken. Did I mention it is all the beer you can drink?
We had such a blast at HDDR. We really need to get back there.

Ouch. I remember when Crash was earning her nickname, someone drove their car through the garage door. Could easily be wrong but I remember it was either Tim or Don. Not a fun experience.
Yea, that was me. :drive:

Well done Carl, well done... Taking this whole nemesis thing to another level... :worship:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Just caught up on the last thread….

The Anna\Elsa part is depressing. Maybe some pixie dust will come your way. Good luck.
We did get some pixie dust and got the FP… I'm not allowed to talk about it though. :ssst:

Wooooow…
So, who was allowed into the system before you?
I see you had many responses. But the FP+ works likes the ADRs you get to make your FPs at 60 days from check-in for the length of your stay up to 10 days I believe. So I'm behind everyone who checked in the day before me & the day before that, etc.

I'm glad you wrote this. So it's 1:00 am? I would have guessed midnight.
It didn't work till 1:01am but it worked. Took me till 1:45 to get them all then to go back and change all the times. :surfweb:

I've really been slacking with this close. Has a bit to do with the fact that we just moved in to a new house yesterday, and internet hasn't been hooked up yet.
I didn't know you were moving… Hope everything went smoothly. :thumbsup2

As an aside, I'm kind of surprised Disney doesn't have another Anna & Elsa in Epcot (Norway or Germany?). They are basically 2 pretty young girls dressed up in costumes who act like those characters. They shouldn't be too hard to find and they could keep people happy and bring some crowds to Epcot.
Well, they used to but it got moved to MK. :confused3

Just drive into New York City, I'm sure you'll find them on some street corner or other.
Maybe that's YOUR fantasy. Don't pass it off as mine. :rotfl2:

I think Tim wants them to definitely be girls and have a full set of teeth.
::yes:: teeth are good.

Wow, Tim's pretty picky huh? :confused3
I must be… is having teeth that much to ask?:confused3

I liked the SOA show experience better. But, HDDR is indoors so little chance of weather problems. Plus, we have awesome fried chicken & ribs here in KY.

We did SOA once many years ago and I wasn't a fan. Maybe time to try it again. S. Florida has a few decent BBQ/fried chicken places but nothing like KY. While HDDR isn't the best, it beats most places here. I will get my fill of fried chicken that night.

No beer on the course in this tournament.

WHAT?

As long as the kids are at the course, there is no drinking. Now last night at the dinner and auction, it was a different story.

Ok, that is better.

That is even better. A job well done.

Hey CJ How you been? Good to see you too! I think the family and I are going to be in WDW in October the same time as you...and a few other Dads:thumbsup2

Cool. I see a meeting of multiple clans in October. Norm, I may even stop by Vero on my way up to pay up my debt.

Happy Friday guys!!

Happy Friday Duck. Same to everyone else. Even my Nemie who got tickets to the Sox game while I am up there next week.

Morning all. It is below 60 degrees this morning. The dds have an eye dr. appointment today. Other than that, I'll just be relaxing.

May & June is work everyday… July & August is play every weekday and work every weekend.:

My four day work weeks have been nice this summer. Two day work weeks söund fun. What is your schedule like the rest of the year?

We did SOA once many years ago and I wasn't a fan. Maybe time to try it again. S. Florida has a few decent BBQ/fried chicken places but nothing like KY. While HDDR isn't the best, it beats most places here. I will get my fill of fried chicken that night.

I liked the HDDR show as well as the SOA show. I'm not sure the food was particularly great at either location, but we have a short supply of Hawaiin dancers here. :lmao:

SOA did a hula lesson for all the children to be on stage, and then they did an anniversary couples dance. And, the fire dance was really cool.

Cool. I see a meeting of multiple clans in October. Norm, I may even stop by Vero on my way up to pay up my debt.

I hope to get a few meet ups ths trip. I hope the Vero thing works out as well, but if it doesn't, then there will be the next time. What time do you think you will get by that way?

Morning guys. :thumbsup2

I didn't know you were moving… Hope everything went smoothly. :thumbsup2

Thanks. It's going pretty well. Still have a lot of things in boxes and storage, but we have beds and the internet, so it's not all bad! Kids love it, it's a nice house on a cul-de-sac with plenty of room for them to run around.

I must be… is having teeth that much to ask?:confused3

You and I both know it is... :sad2:

‘Morning all…
Better day so far. Let’s see if I can keep it that way.

I see you had many responses. But the FP+ works likes the ADRs you get to make your FPs at 60 days from check-in for the length of your stay up to 10 days I believe. So I'm behind everyone who checked in the day before me & the day before that, etc.

Doh! A simple answer that I just didn’t take time to think through.

On a side note…
Being as this is a factory, here’s your Bad Idea of the Day

stupid%20people%2011.jpg

Happy Friday!

As it’s become tradition…
Here’s the numbers from the last thread

Thank you for the stats, stats.:thumbsup2

Ouch. I was putting a window AC unit in an upstairs bedroom one time and dropped one of the support braces. Right onto my car's windshield directly below. From then on, my installation checklist included "move the car" as step 1.

:rotfl2: That's why we put in central AC. No way to damage the house or anything else pressing a button.

Glad your still here and got it cleared away quickly.

Ouch. I remember when Crash was earning her nickname, someone drove their car through the garage door. Could easily be wrong but I remember it was either Tim or Don. Not a fun experience.

Speaking of Crash, she told me yesterday a camera trap caught her not completely stopping before she made a right turn on red. She thought I would be mad but it was difficult considering the same thing happened to me at the same spot a couple of months ago.

Apple.......Meet tree.:lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Minor hockey players? You mean they invited the Maple Leafs? They don't even carry their own bags. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Congrats on getting 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter