DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Seeing many of you are cancelling or changing your WDW trips. That really bites and I can certainly understand why. Sucks to book a trip to WDW and then have many of the activities unavailable. I understand WDW's approach though, tough for a lot of those events that create large crowds in a small area to happen right now. Hopefully this will not last too long, Florida doesn't screw things up and WDW vacations can get back to what we all enjoy.

If it was just DW and I, we would probably go. But we are going with our oldest DD and her kids to celebrate DGD Graduation and they only go once every couple of years. So, they want to get the biggest bang for their dollar.

Speaking of building character...
Here's a parenting win that I wish I'd though of about twenty years back...

View attachment 499878

... made me snicker.

Best. Comic. Strip. Ever.

So, just like the other government entities, Disney is now just enforcing sanctions to deter people.

I have a hard time believing that Disney would be conspiring to keep themselves from making money. Most likely they're scared of lawsuits if the worst case scenario happens.

It doesn't set right that Disney gets to change my contract terms without recourse.

That, on the other hand, is definitely a valid complaint.

I know someone that's got one for sale...

:rotfl2: But does the roof drain outside of the vehicle?

We'll see if I move forward or not. I just don't know. I'm getting tired of this game life is playing.

I understand the frustration. Just keep swinging. You only need to hit once.

So we cancelled our rooms for our July trip. Disney would not let us modify our reservation to January 2021. The Disney cast member told us they were not booking any 2021 dates. :mad: I am holding onto our August backup room for now to see if we can rebook that into January. With all the annouments of what is not available, I feel like we are paying for the full package and only getting half the deal!

So frustrating. I keep seeing studies that produce a little more hope. First they found that the virus doesn't spread as well on surfaces like they thought. Now it appears that those who are asymptomatic may not spread it as easily. Hopefully if those studies are true it will help things loosen up more.

Seeing many of you are cancelling or changing your WDW trips. That really bites and I can certainly understand why. Sucks to book a trip to WDW and then have many of the activities unavailable. I understand WDW's approach though, tough for a lot of those events that create large crowds in a small area to happen right now. Hopefully this will not last too long, Florida doesn't screw things up and WDW vacations can get back to what we all enjoy.

It's a huge bummer to see. I find myself feeling glad I didn't have a Disney trip planned this year. But then again, I lost a cruise already.

Afternoon chaps. Hour 46 of the fast. 10k this morning. We are still going with the Eating around the world stuff, Belgium is today, so Moules Mariniere for dinner. Conference calls all done for today.
We got the official word that the kids are off school until mid SEPTEMBER. That would be about a week shy of 6 months. If I come on here asking for a shovel, call the authorities.

Had a good day today, sent 2 emails and saved about half a million bucks. I might ask for some of that as a gratuity. I wish I worked on 20% right now. I could even live with 18.

I bet you are. The scales-of-hatred have climbed back into the 190s for me,
I hear ya. I was at 195 last night, there will be about 20k running in the next 2 or 3 days, so hopefully I'll get to 193 on Fri morning. If I get to 185 in maybe a month, and I can still maintain my runs normally, I'll be happy.
  1. DDCC or Family Trip?
  2. Rivers of Light or Electrical Water Pageant?
  3. Haunted Mansion or TOT?
  4. Looking more forward to TRON Light Cycle or Guardians of the Galaxy?
  5. Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapids?
Family trip
Water Pagaent. Big thing for our kids as we generally get a Lake View on the Poly to watch, as that suits our points profile.
HM. But I do like a bit of ToT, especially the detailing along the way. And the Paris one is amazing.
Done TRON, so I guess GoG, as I was supposed to do it in April on the Cali trip.
Splash is possibly the best ride outside of the new stuff in WDW IMHO.

So we cancelled our rooms for our July trip. Disney would not let us modify our reservation to January 2021. The Disney cast member told us they were not booking any 2021 dates.
I'm so sorry Chief, that totally sucks. Does that mean DDCC is in jeopardy for you?
I was thinking about DDCC the other day, if Park ressies are still in place, thats gonna be a bit of a challenge to co-ordinate.....

In the past, Disney has always made it work. That doesn't seem to be their focus.
You're right. I don't think they really wanted to open when they are, but Universal forced their hand, and they are hitting it with a blunt tool (TWSS). I honestly think, they would rather you cancelled and came back in Spring 21, as there will be a flood of vloggers saying this is rubbish, that's rubbish ad hominem, as to the Chief's point, it's half a pint but charging for a full one.

But one of us has to make some money to pay for food or a Disney trip. You know, one of the important things in life.
Food's overrated. Whereas Disney trips.......

They can't figure out a plan to open restaurants? Really?
Yeah, I'm struggling with some of it. So lets take Poly, where they have put you. I get Trader Sams, as you would have about 4 people in there with distancing, but not the terrace? I know it's cool in the room and all, but you really go there for the drinkies. Pineapple Lanai is open, and that's 30 yards down the road from the TS terrace. And Capt Cooks is open, with the smallest queuing area known to man. And that's just in the Poly. I guess there is so much with Disney, they are always playing catch up. Universal just had to worry about the Park. Citywalk is all 3rd party as are the Hotels.

DW and I have a cottage booked in Alma, NB with is the village next to Fundy National Park
Nice!
First off, the new guy started yesterday, as I have already mentioned, and that put me in a bad mood for most of the day.
Understandable.
Not sure if he knew he T'd me off with his comment or not,
Maybe. Some people are not good in situations where they have to have a difficult conversation, so try to go big.
Not Peanuts?
I understand the frustration. Just keep swinging. You only need to hit once.
Indeed. Baseball rewards you with millions of dollars for doing what you are supposed to 30% of the time. So if it's good for A Rod, it's good for you, CCT.

Actually, I'm gonna use that in my next appraisal.

Although that would kind of demand that I am good at my job at least 30% of the time. Which is a stretch.

Have a good afternoon my friends.

'Morning all...
And for a Tuesday, that's really all I've got right now.

I have a buyer all lined up on your old one.
Appreciate you doin' the leg work on that one :rolleyes:

It does now... :lmao:

If it was just DW and I, we would probably go. But we are going with our oldest DD and her kids to celebrate DGD Graduation and they only go once every couple of years. So, they want to get the biggest bang for their dollar.
Sorry to hear it Chief. Agreed that it's probably best to wait is you've got folks along that don't go that often.

Right now our April trip is rescheduled for late September. The plan was to take our DS and a buddy of his along with us, but right now I don't believe the logistics of that are very good. If we go it will probably be just me the the Missus, but first we'll wait to see how things operate in July and August to determine whether it's worth it or not. Now that Disney is suspending park-hopping, We'll also have to see if they offer us credit back or some other perk for the hopper tickets we already have reserved.

Morning gents. Busy day ahead but managed a 20minute/3K run with the DD this morning.

So we cancelled our rooms for our July trip. Disney would not let us modify our reservation to January 2021. The Disney cast member told us they were not booking any 2021 dates. :mad:
Sucks. Sorry to hear.
With all the annouments of what is not available, I feel like we are paying for the full package and only getting half the deal! :worried:
Now that is a very good point!
DW and I have a cottage booked in Alma, NB with is the village next to Fundy National Park. Should be lots of scenic views, hiking and quiet relaxation
That sounds great. Some photos would be appreciated.
What a strange question to ask. What are you, some kind of weirdo? I refuse to answer.
Hour 46 of the fast. 10k this morning.
Are you even human?

So much for my 3K!
Eating around the world stuff, Belgium is today, so Moules Mariniere for dinner.
Wow!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Not much new around here so safety and health to all and pixie dust to those that could use some right now.

Oh, almost forgot Happy 86th Birthday Donald!

WDW Pick 'ems for today ............
  1. Donald or Goofy?
  2. Main St Confectionery or Plaza Ice Cream Parlor?
  3. It's tough to be a Bug or Muppets 3D?
  4. Mickey Waffle or Mickey Pretzel?
  5. Dumbo or Astro Orbiter?
For the record, from yesterday
  1. DDCC or Family Trip? Family, but hanging with Dads is just a different way of enjoying the resort
  2. Rivers of Light or Electrical Water Pageant? ROL - I'm ok with the music and with a cold beer it's relaxing
  3. Haunted Mansion or TOT? HM
  4. Looking more forward to TRON Light Cycle or Guardians of the Galaxy? Tough on for me but thinking TRON
  5. Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapids? Splash by a narrow margin

So we cancelled our rooms for our July trip. Disney would not let us modify our reservation to January 2021. The Disney cast member told us they were not booking any 2021 dates. :mad: I am holding onto our August backup room for now to see if we can rebook that into January. With all the annouments of what is not available, I feel like we are paying for the full package and only getting half the deal! :worried:
Yeah, I'm struggling with some of it. So lets take Poly, where they have put you. I get Trader Sams, as you would have about 4 people in there with distancing, but not the terrace? I know it's cool in the room and all, but you really go there for the drinkies. Pineapple Lanai is open, and that's 30 yards down the road from the TS terrace. And Capt Cooks is open, with the smallest queuing area known to man. And that's just in the Poly. I guess there is so much with Disney, they are always playing catch up. Universal just had to worry about the Park. Citywalk is all 3rd party as are the Hotels.
Sorry to hear Randall but I get it. Like you said if just you and Jodi you'd probably would go. We were supposed to be there next week followed by a DCL sailing which were obviously cancelled and we have 9 nights booked over the first week of Aug and have not canned that one yet as we are leaning towards going but seeing how things play out. DVC points, APs and SWA points so it's not a financial issue for us and we are thinking we just need to get away but lots of factors to think through.
I am thinking attendance is gonna be very low based on cancellations being seen (You can get any DVC resort other than NBA ones that week) and the limited restaurant openings, etc. indicate Disney is anticipating very low attendance and maybe that's what they are trying to drive to ease into this. I get what Disney is doing, cautious approach and setting expectations very low. I also think they are seeing the high rate of cancellations, so from a cost perspective it does not make sense to open everything up especially at the resorts as without park hopping and limited park hours most folks are not gonna hang out as much at the resorts. We will get our first glimpse in a little over a week. Regardless, definitely different and difficult times .

1. Donald or Goofy?

1. Goofy
2. Main St. Confectionery - always bring home mickey rice crispy treats from here each trip
3. Muppets! Love the blatant use of 3D
4. Pretzel - tastes better than Waffles with Beer!
5. Dumbo - but Scott doesn't do spinney rides!

1. Donald or Goofy?
Goofy is as Goofy does...

Beaches and Cream

Muppets

Time for another Dole Whip

I think I like the Dumb-Astro-Tricera-Carpet one the best.

The same reason why you don't drink Agave......it causes your body to release material in ways it shouldn't! :rotfl2:
Best puke GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

1. Donald or Goofy?
Goofy. Gawrsh....dosen't everyone act goofy at times? Although doing Donald's voice is fun.
Does either one have dole whips?
Muppets
Pretzel (unless it's breakfast)
Dumbo. Isn't everyone a bit dumbo? No? Just me I guess.

Actually, didn't care for this until a certain little girl begged me and Coni to go on with her and her parents. @Zmack knows.

1. Donald or Goofy?

1. Donald
2. Plaza--can't beat endless milkshakes
3. Muppets! That 3D movie probably comes closest to the spirit of the old Muppet Show than any of the other modern productions.
4. Depends on the time of day. But they both pale in comparison to the Dole Whip.
5. How can I choose? They're both completely different experiences. I mean, one is an elephant and the other is a spaceship. There's no way to compare them.

Time for another Dole Whip

::yes::

1. Donald or Goofy?
Donald - possibly the truest character Disney ever created
Plaza. Although MSC has a lovely aroma
Muppets. What Mark said.
Pretzel. Hate waffles.
Dumbo. Mainly for the Air Con.

A rainy day brings indoor tennis. Played outdoor last night. Even with the ibuprofen, it feels good to be playing again.

My mornings usually started anywhere from 3:30-4:00 am. As such, my sleeping in is 5am.

I'm up around 6 to 6:30 AM every day. Never set an alarm clock.

Not a bad option.

Not bad. But, had to get less than what we wanted and paid for.

So we cancelled our rooms for our July trip. Disney would not let us modify our reservation to January 2021. The Disney cast member told us they were not booking any 2021 dates. :mad: I am holding onto our August backup room for now to see if we can rebook that into January. With all the announcements of what is not available, I feel like we are paying for the full package and only getting half the deal! :worried:

Sorry to hear it. I'm right there with you.

I have a hard time believing that Disney would be conspiring to keep themselves from making money. Most likely they're scared of lawsuits if the worst case scenario happens.

That, on the other hand, is definitely a valid complaint.

For the money, I reckon that's why they are opening this way for DVC and AP members. Even if they screw us over this trip, they figure we probably will be back for more. In DVC case, the contract still has 20 years or more. And, we aren't likely to sue.

I'm sure they are scared of lawsuits, but they just unilaterally changed every dvc contract. That's a lot of lawsuits potentially. Now, no park hopper tickets are being sold, and rumor is only 1 park a day with APs. Again, changing the contract after the fact.
Open or don't open and refund all the money. It's not good customer service, and that is what Disney has always been known for.

You're right. I don't think they really wanted to open when they are, but Universal forced their hand, and they are hitting it with a blunt tool (TWSS). I honestly think, they would rather you cancelled and came back in Spring 21, as there will be a flood of vloggers saying this is rubbish, that's rubbish ad hominem, as to the Chief's point, it's half a pint but charging for a full one.

But, they changed COVID restrictions so I had to use points now instead of waiting. We will be there crash test dummies. Hopefully, it won't hurt too bad. I didn't know about Citywalk being 3rd party vendors, but makes sense. Still, there are some deep pocket corporations there as well, so they had to figure the science was safe enough to re-open.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Not much new around here so safety and health to all and pixie dust to those that could use some right now.

View attachment 499992

1. Donald or Goofy?

Sorry to hear Randall but I get it. Like you said if just you and Jodi you'd probably would go. We were supposed to be there next week followed by a DCL sailing which were obviously cancelled and we have 9 nights booked over the first week of Aug and have not canned that one yet as we are leaning towards going but seeing how things play out. DVC points, APs and SWA points so it's not a financial issue for us and we are thinking we just need to get away but lots of factors to think through.
I am thinking attendance is gonna be very low based on cancellations being seen (You can get any DVC resort other than NBA ones that week) and the limited restaurant openings, etc. indicate Disney is anticipating very low attendance and maybe that's what they are trying to drive to ease into this. I get what Disney is doing, cautious approach and setting expectations very low. I also think they are seeing the high rate of cancellations, so from a cost perspective it does not make sense to open everything up especially at the resorts as without park hopping and limited park hours most folks are not gonna hang out as much at the resorts. We will get our first glimpse in a little over a week. Regardless, definitely different and difficult times .

Maybe they will do a soft opening for the resort people next week. Otherwise, we won't see until July and the parks reopen. If our Governor hadn't shut down indoor swimming pools, because COVID thrives in chemically treated pool water, then we would have kept the two weeks as planned as dd wouldn't have missed do much work. The future of our dvc contract is probably riding on this July trip.

Goofy, as Donald has too much anger management issues.

Main St Confectionary or Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. Yes!!! Caramel apple, mickey crispies treat, and chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich.

Muppets 3D. Bug's life doesn't compare.

Mickey Waffle or Mickey Pretzel? YES to both. Fresh pretzel is better

Astro Orbiter - terrific ride, especially at night.

Doesn't look a day over 75
  1. Donald or Goofy?
  1. Donald or Goofy? No real preference. Maybe if pushed... Donald?
  2. Main St Confectionery or Plaza Ice Cream Parlor? Confectionery
  3. It's tough to be a Bug or Muppets 3D? Tough one... Muppets is getting dated, so ITTBAB.
  4. Mickey Waffle or Mickey Pretzel? Never had a Mickey waffle. So Pretzel it is.
  5. Dumbo or Astro Orbiter? Never been on Orbiter, so Dumbo.
A rainy day brings indoor tennis.
I got pretty good at that back in the day.
Wait... we're talking Atari, right?

;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter