DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

We'll see if I move forward or not. I just don't know. I'm getting tired of this game life is playing. Well, TTFN, gents.
Hang in there and keep trying.
Easier said than done I know.
But it’s the advice I’m giving myself...

DW and I have a cottage booked in Alma, NB with is the village next to Fundy National Park. Should be lots of scenic views, hiking and quiet relaxation; who knows Declan and his girlfriend may even come along for a couple of days.
Sounds great.
I haven’t been on the NB side of Fundy since I was a kid.
I was on the NS side a couple times in the last 15- 20 years.
Depending how my summer goes with work I would like to do something similar on the west coast of our island, maybe in Gros Morne National Park

WDW Pick 'ems for today ............
  1. Donald or Goofy?
  2. Main St Confectionery or Plaza Ice Cream Parlor?
  3. It's tough to be a Bug or Muppets 3D?
  4. Mickey Waffle or Mickey Pretzel?
  5. Dumbo or Astro Orbiter?
1. I have to go with Donald, he gets me.
2. Confectionary. The display case is too good.
3. Muppets. I never liked getting jabbed in the back.
4. Waffle. I’ve never been big into pretzels.
5. Astro Orbiter. For the view.

1. Donald in a close one
  2. Main St Confectionery
  3. Muppets 3D...The only pins I collected were Statler, Waldorf and Grumpy
  4. Mickey Waffle
  5. Dumbo. Never been on AO.

Sorry to hear about all the changed plans. Definitely a different world we are living in. SWMBO said she has no interest in ever returning to Disney unless things get back to something resembling normal and she was the one that dragged me there for the first couple of trips.

End of the fiscal year coming up in a couple of weeks so most people are burning vacation time which isn't even noticeable this year. I'll lose more than I would ever tell SWMBO but am burning some medical leave. Stress test tomorrow. Whoopee. Seems like raising teens, a menopausal wife and 2020 in general is enough of a stress test.

Sounds great.
I haven’t been on the NB side of Fundy since I was a kid.
I was on the NS side a couple times in the last 15- 20 years.
Depending how my summer goes with work I would like to do something similar on the west coast of our island, maybe in Gros Morne National Park
I love Fundy Park. Great views as long as there is no fog and getting to see the changes in the tides every day on the Bay of Fundy never gets old.

Gros Morne is on my list, hopefully I'll get to cross it off. I haven't been to the Rock in about 10 years and I would love to go back. I've only ever been to St John's but I've always enjoyed it there.

End of the fiscal year coming up in a couple of weeks so most people are burning vacation time which isn't even noticeable this year. I'll lose more than I would ever tell SWMBO but am burning some medical leave. Stress test tomorrow. Whoopee. Seems like raising teens, a menopausal wife and 2020 in general is enough of a stress test.

Good luck on the test, we're all counting on you.

500125…..from officially the back half of the week.

Spreadsheet-tastic today. Lots of numbers, dates and detail. Not my favourite part of the job. Absolutely hammering it down here in London today. The kids are at their Nonnas as the restrictions have lifted a little. The house is eerily quiet.

Stress test tomorrow. Whoopee. Seems like raising teens, a menopausal wife and 2020 in general is enough of a stress test.
Good luck today bud. I look forward to all of our 2021 BP tests where they say, "Good news, you are at 50% of your 2020 Blood Pressure rate. Has anything significantly changed?"
SWMBO said she has no interest in ever returning to Disney unless things get back to something resembling normal
I totally get that. It's a lot of coin to go to Disney, even when everything is on.
But it’s the advice I’m giving myself...
Good man.

Have a great hump day chaps.

Last edited:
Morning all. Keto got blown up yesterday as I couldn't decide between Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich or Millennium Falcon Ice Cream Sandwich, so I bought a box of each. They were so good though.

I got pretty good at that back in the day.
Wait... we're talking Atari, right?

Not quite. I still dominate the household in Wii tennis playing left handed though.

Well, you beat us all to the punch line. Hope all goes well with the test.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Summer temps seem to be the norm (no, not that Norm) around here now. Just trying to get through the days and end each one with a smile, a laugh and some family. Stay healthy and safe gents!

WDW Pick 'ems for today .............
  1. Pretzel in Germany at EPCOT or Baseline Tap House in HS?
  2. American Adventure or Hall of Presidents?
  3. Churro or Pickle?
  4. Tea Cups or Alien Swirling Saucer?
  5. Mickey Mouse or Chewbacca meet and greet?
For the record from yesterday's list
  1. Donald or Goofy? Donald - always been my favorite of the Fab 5
  2. Main St Confectionery or Plaza Ice Cream Parlor? Confectionery as ice cream shops are everywhere but a corner candy and sweets store is special
  3. It's tough to be a Bug or Muppets 3D? Muppets
  4. Mickey Waffle or Mickey Pretzel? Waffle - better pretzel options at DaWorld
  5. Dumbo or Astro Orbiter? Dumbo as it's an original but have not been on either in a while

Morning all. Keto got blown up yesterday as I couldn't decide between Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich or Millennium Falcon Ice Cream Sandwich, so I bought a box of each. They were so good though.
OK, I'll bite....... you ate two boxes of ice cream sandwiches?

3. Churro or Pickle?

1. Both! On the same Day!

2. American Adventure! Love that Golden Dream song!

3. Churro

4. No Spinney rides! Can't tell you the last time I've ridden either of these!

5. Chewbacca - because atleast he makes noise. RIP Talking Mickey

3. Churro or Pickle?
Baseline. Brats are the order of the day in Germany, as a half way snackage to soak up the booze.
HOP. Direct link to the guv'nor, and American Adventure, and you know how much I love youse guys, is North Korea Propaganda level. It's pretty amusing to watch as an outsider. It makes your toes curl.
Churros.
I'll always go with A$$ (there's an easy tee up for anyone)
Mickey. Chewie is a bit dull TBH. The really weird one is BB8.

3. Churro or Pickle?

1. Baseline
  2. American Adventure, never been in the HoP
  3. Churro
  4. Alien Swirling Saucer
  5. Chewbacca, I've met with Mickey enough times that we need a break.

3. Churro or Pickle?
GERMANY! Best pretzels on property.
Maybe it's the brat with it. Nah!
HoP. Comfy seats and AC and good nap spot. Actually like looking at all the items in the lobby
Pickle. Churros are bottom or near on the snack list
Neither. Rode A$$ once and have no intention of doing again. Tea cups...kills my knees...not made for long legs.
Chewie all day.

I'll always go with A$$ (there's an easy tee up for anyone)
#TNWSS. ??

Personally, I prefer the non-garbage chute area (Sorry Leia)

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes. Test all done and go back next month for the results unless they call sooner which would not be good. I have developed "white coat syndrome" in the last 5 or 6 years from all the procedures I've been through. Resting BP was 168/84 but at home around 120/80. Worst part was the tech shaving my chest with a dull razor. :crazy2: She wasn't even cute. I should have used my straight before I went in but forgot it needed to be done.

For the top 5 I don't have much to comment on. Never had a pretzel, a pickle or a churro at Disney (ice cream is my thing), you won't see me on a spinning ride and I prefer the princess meet and greets. AA and HOP are both winners but neither has an edge.

4. No Spinney rides! Can't tell you the last time I've ridden either of these!

:thumbsup2

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes. Test all done and go back next month for the results unless they call sooner which would not be good. I have developed "white coat syndrome" in the last 5 or 6 years from all the procedures I've been through. Resting BP was 168/84 but at home around 120/80. Worst part was the tech shaving my chest with a dull razor. :crazy2: She wasn't even cute. I should have used my straight before I went in but forgot it needed to be done.

p!nk dancing GIF by Tvoje Lice Zvuči Poznato

:rotfl2: I laugh in sympathy, my friend.

Good luck today bud. I look forward to all of our 2021 BP tests where they say, "Good news, you are at 50% of your 2020 Blood Pressure rate. Has anything significantly changed?"

Well, there's no murder hornets...

3. Churro or Pickle?

1. I mean...a pretzel's a pretzel, right?
2. American Adventure. Like you guys aren't proud of your country. Sheesh.
3. Churro. No green things for me, as I must continue my Galactic Salad Dodging ways.
4. I prefer the smooth, ample curves of the Alien Swirling Saucers.
5. Meet & greets exist to distract other people so I have shorter lines for the rides.

Direct link to the guv'nor, and American Adventure, and you know how much I love youse guys, is North Korea Propaganda level. It's pretty amusing to watch as an outsider. It makes your toes curl.

11708855.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter