Dec 2014/ Jan 2015

LisaAJ

Mouseketeer
Any others out there travelling at this time? Want to get excited with me? I'm dying here (haven't told the kids yet) and need somewhere to chat :)

Back to our usual place WDW from 11th Dec until mid January. The only place we go is WDW!

Wow, that long at WDW? I'm so jealous! We are struggling to fit in 8 days. Last time I went (only time) I was only there got 4 days and it just wasn't enough. I'm hoping doubling that time will leave us feeling a little more satisfied!

Wow, that long at WDW? I'm so jealous! We are struggling to fit in 8 days. Last time I went (only time) I was only there got 4 days and it just wasn't enough. I'm hoping doubling that time will leave us feeling a little more satisfied!

8 days is too short. I think 5 weeks is not enough!

We are going from 12th to 23rd December formy daughters first trip, would love to be staying, longer, we usually go for 3 weeks so am curious as to how we'll find 12 days hope it's enough ha. but we are going home to Ireland for her first Christmas too so it's not too bad, so excited. Just curious are you staying on site for the 5 weeks?

Id love to be going before Christmas for the MVMCP. Have to wait for school to finish though :(
I think Colin is a DVC owner?

Staying on site at the Boardwalk, the best resort!

DVC member since late 1999, best money my DW talked me into spending!

Wow, 15 years Colin? Sounds like you are getting use out if it!

Caroline, sounds like you can get excited with me!! Who are you holidaying with?

We will be at WDW in January 2015
First we will first be cruising on the Disney fantasy first part of January ..then be staying at WDW post cruise for 2 weeks

We are also currently thinking about adding on disneyland or Aulani stay either before or after.
Since the flight prices are considerably higher this time of year.
In researching our flights we found many options of going SYD to Honolulu was drastically cheaper then going direct to Orlando
Even when you add on your flight for Hawaii to Orlando.
Go figure

Excited
But concerned about the weather this time of year.

We are traveling with a large group of friend and family...this was the only time of year that worked for everyone's schedule.
Have read January usually has lower crowds..so that's good.

Anyone done a cruise and WDW in January?
Would love to hear your experiences and what they weather was like.

We are cruising 5 Jan on the Dream. From my research the weather at that time of the year is hit and miss. Then again I went in June/July last time and even though it was summer it rained every day! I'm hoping it won't be too cold. I'd love to be able to do a waterpark. I may just pack the kids' wetsuits just in case, lol

It depends on the persons interpretation of good weather.

Most of the time over Christmas and January might be around 20 deg but can vary between 28 to 2 deg. Not usually much rain. Personally I would never go from May to end of October as I hate the hot and humid weather.

We had friends go nearly 2 years ago in October who had said beforehand they like the hotter weather, they hated the weather in October. They went again last year from the end of November to mid December and loved the cooler weather.

We've had mixed experiences with the weather in December and January. One trip our first park day was 29 degrees and our last park day 7 degrees. It's impossible to predict but we always go prepared for cold. In saying that, I hate the cold. Give me May or September in Disney World any day. I'm the crazy person running out of the sub zero air con to sun myself!

Wow, 15 years Colin? Sounds like you are getting use out if it!

Caroline, sounds like you can get excited with me!! Who are you holidaying with?

Lisa we are a family of 4, me, DH, DS(will be 13), and DD(will be10)
We have booked a 6 bedroom villa at Windsor Hills for our stay, so will have more that enough room!

Woah!! 6 bedroom villa! That's huge for 4 of you! We are staying onsite at Pop probably.

Your travelling party sounds similar to mine :) Except my kids are a little younger. My DS will be 9 and my DD will be 7

I thought it might be about time to resurrect this thread! Only a few months until we hit December! All of our main things are booked. Just have to do the finishing touches like buy KSC & Legoland tickets, book fast passes, SOL crown climb etc. Thinking we might tell the kids a bit earlier as I'm worried they are getting suspicious and I need something to bargain with. Their behaviour hasn't been great :-/ Plus there are things I need to know if they want to do, such as tours etc that I won't bother booking if they are not interested. I'm in two minds though as I don't want to tell them and then have them waiting 3 months. The novelty might wear off!

I missed this thread the first time around. I'll be at WDW 2-12 December, Universal four days before that, touring a bit of the east coast for two weeks before that.

Lisa, you have me a little worried that you're actually going later than me, but my list of things still to do is significantly longer! :rotfl2: I don't need to be too stressed about it, though, right? Just have to book internal flights, park tickets, car hire, uhmmm travel insurance... :scared:

Haha, you should know that I am a die hard planner!! I love organising! Especially holidays :D Plus this has been 4 years in the making so I had to keep myself going somehow!!

That reminds me, hubby has decided our credit cad insurance isn't enough and wants more so I have to do that too!!

We are surprising. Our kids and last night I put together the scavenger hunt so I'm all ready to surprise them! Umming and aching over when to do it. We were going to do it a few months before but now I'm thinking I might need to tell them earlier do I can find out what they want to do so I can book! Plus I'm worried they are starting to guess!! They are making lots of references like 'if we ever go to Disney World....' I'm thinking I'll tell the. When there is a couple of months to go. Not so long it feels like forever but long enough to book things and research with them :)

Oh and I really need something big to help inspire good behaviour! I think this is it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter