Dec 2014/ Jan 2015

Hi Stacey :) Hijacking is welcomed! Now this is your thread too! Your trip sounds great! I have been planning ours (and saving) for 4 years so mine is as far from spontaneous as you can get! I'm a teacher too so we are stuck paying ridiculous fares :-/ That being said I have been checking the prices regularly for the past 3 years and they always seemed to go down about 2 months out. You may find you get yourself a bargain because you are waiting!

We are on the Jan 5 Dream sailing so we'll just miss you!

So....am I completely crazy to think we're going to pull this off??? )

I might be tempted to say 'yes' if you'd never done a Disney trip before, but you are practically a Disney veteran so will be fine sorting everything out.
Your trip sounds great by the way and a bit of spontaneity is fun every now and then. Especially since you've already mentally prepared yourself for more expensive last minute costs.
Have a great time :)

Thanks for the encouragement guys :cool1:

It's great to read about everyone's thoughts and plans- nice to see other Disney lovers out there- I find at the moment the response I'm getting is "Really? Disney Again?". I guess you just get it or you don't :confused3.

Lisa, did you end up telling your kids yet? What an amazing surprise!

Our thoughts are that as the flights will be so pricy, we might as well do the things we really want to do. Our trip looks like this:

- 4 nights in Anaheim (from December 26th)....I've already locked in BW Stovall's Inn
- 2 nights in San Francisco to surprise family over New Years
- Fly to Orlando for the 3 night Disney Dream departure on January 2nd (am hoping for some good last minute balcony rates)
- 7 or so nights in WDW, most probably staying at POP or PORS, taking advantage of the Stay/Play/Dine promotion

So....am I completely crazy to think we're going to pull this off???

Hopefully haven't hijacked your post too much :):):)

I think this sounds fabulous!!!!! And.. enjoy Tokyo Disney Resort! DisneySea is the best park ever!!

great reading everyones Disney plans..making me get itchy Disney feet again!!

Yay!

So, how was your last trip? I hear the weather was not very kind and NZ got one of it's late winter blasts. I hope you managed to enjoy your time anyway.

It was really great! :goodvibes Yes we had some cold, and many (most :lmao:) wet days, but still managed to do a lot.

DD got sick for the last 4-5 days of the trip, which cut out a lot of the things we wanted to do in the North Island, but we still enjoyed ourselves.

Thanks- I hear that DisneySea is just unbelievable. I plan to sit down and read your whole TR tonight :goodvibes

It really is amazing! The theming is unbelievable :eek:

Lisa, did you end up telling your kids yet? What an amazing surprise!

I did! It was so much fun :) They were so surprised! We are now doing the countdown on a chart and they know exactly how many days at any given time! It's great to be able to talk about the things we are going to do too.

Well we are travelling in Dec/Jan on our family winter adventure to UK/Europe. We depart on 12 December and get back on 27 January. Our itinerary is:

2 nights Bangkok

1 night Munich

1 night Fussen

3 nights Seefeld-in-Tirol, Austria

2 nights Munich

2 nights Colmar, France

6 nights Paris over Christmas with possible Disneyland Paris on Christmas Day

8 nights London over New Years

2 nights Venice

5 nights Rome

10 nights Eastern Med cruise on NCL Jade including Athens, Istanbul, Kusadasi, Olympia and Naples

1 night Bangkok

Most of it is a repeat for DH and I but we haven't been back for many years and it is our three daughters' first time (ages 16, 13 and 9 but will turn 10 in Germany) so we are looking forward to seeing it through their eyes.

Plan to visit as many European Christmas markets (e.g. Google Colmar at Christmas and you will get an idea) as possible. :banana:

This is our longest trip ever and planning for it has been and continues to be such a mission!!

Wow Travel Mum!! Your trip sounds unbelievable! I'm not sure my husband would ever agree to be away that long! I can dream though ;D

Hi everyone!

Our trip is crossing over between January and February but thought I would tag along on this thread! First of let me say that everyone's trips sound like a lot of fun!

This is going to be our third trip to WDW and or second and third Disney Cruise. We are leaving Australia on the 18th January and arriving back in Australia on the 25th February, so its going to be just over 6 weeks I think roughly.

We are going to be going to WDW for 5 days and then embarking on a back to back cruise aboard the Disney Dream, before heading back to WDW for another 3 weeks.

Is anyone else going to be at Disney between these dates?

Shannon

Wow Travel Mum!! Your trip sounds unbelievable! I'm not sure my husband would ever agree to be away that long! I can dream though ;D

I agree, her trip sounds amazing. The visits to the Xmas markets and cute European villages appeal to me most.

Unfortunately a trip that long is just a pipe dream for us also. DH would need to save up about 2 years of leave for us to go away for that long, and I can't see him ever wanting to work two years without breaks.

By the way, I hope people don't mind me commenting on this thread.

I guess I am travelling in December - just not to Disney. I'm going to check out a bunch of places in Australia I've never been to before on a Tasmanian cruise. Plus I get to fit in a Dismeet on the way. :)

Hi everyone!

Our trip is crossing over between January and February but thought I would tag along on this thread! First of let me say that everyone's trips sound like a lot of fun!

This is going to be our third trip to WDW and or second and third Disney Cruise. We are leaving Australia on the 18th January and arriving back in Australia on the 25th February, so its going to be just over 6 weeks I think roughly.

We are going to be going to WDW for 5 days and then embarking on a back to back cruise aboard the Disney Dream, before heading back to WDW for another 3 weeks.

Is anyone else going to be at Disney between these dates?

Shannon

We leave Oz on Feb 14th, and arrive at WDW on Feb 25th, so we'll just miss you :rotfl:

I can't do 6 week holidays, I start to get home sick around 4 weeks, sooner if I have been actually sick on the holiday, which happens most holidays :lmao:

It sounds amazing! Our Disney cruise is the best thing we've ever done :-)

With back-to-back, were you able to get the same cabin or are you changing?

3 weeks in WDW sounds like a dream. Where will you be staying?

These cruise posts are really getting me more and more interested in a Disney cruise! Back to back cruises wow that sounds like a very relaxing holiday bookended with WDW AMAZING!

These cruise posts are really getting me more and more interested in a Disney cruise! Back to back cruises wow that sounds like a very relaxing holiday bookended with WDW AMAZING!

You so should do a Disney cruise one day. The Fantasy is up there as one of my favourite travel experiences to date, and it's definitely my favourite Disney experience. If I went back, I would be keen to do back to back on the Fantasy and cruise for two weeks :rotfl:

It sounds amazing! Our Disney cruise is the best thing we've ever done :-)

With back-to-back, were you able to get the same cabin or are you changing?

3 weeks in WDW sounds like a dream. Where will you be staying?

Yeah we booked the cruise pretty much within a few weeks of them releasing the dates. We were able to thankfully get the same room , and its been noted on our reservation. That was one of the major draw cards for us.

Agreed! We Love the Disney parks, mainly WDW, but the cruise is always a tonne of fun and it sort of forces you to relax, but still get the opportunity to meet Mickey and the gang and still be surround by Disney <3

We are going to be doing a split stay, 5 days Kidani before the cruise and then a Downtown Disney hotel. We were able to secure a great rate thanks to extensive searching and a few rebookings and cancellations :rotfl:

We leave Oz on Feb 14th, and arrive at WDW on Feb 25th, so we'll just miss you :rotfl:

I can't do 6 week holidays, I start to get home sick around 4 weeks, sooner if I have been actually sick on the holiday, which happens most holidays :lmao:

Aw! There are a few other people that we just miss too! A few before we arrive and then after. Yeah last year was my first long trip away from home, 6 weeks as well in Florida. I don't mind the break away from home, its great in this day and age with technology we face time our parents and can tweet and Facebook photos as well!

Yeah we both got sick last year, and got stuck at Centracare one afternoon.. not fun , but at least the centre was great, just wish our insurance company was a bit more helpful with the situation.

Where are you staying?

Shannon

. I'm going to check out a bunch of places in Australia I've never been to before on a Tasmanian cruise. Plus I get to fit in a Dismeet on the way. :)

Tasmania is beautiful, such a quite laid back place to see. i am sure you will love it, where else are you going to see or is it just Tassie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter