Dec 2014/ Jan 2015

We're lucky that we have family over there, so we just use their snow gear. However when my sister and her boyfriend went over they went into a thrift shop while there and bought super cheap stuff, they knew it didn't have to be fancy and were planning on re-donating it when they were done, but I know one of the ski jackets made the trip home because they loved it so much :rotfl:
I've had so many people suggest this but I didn't fancy sifting through thrift stores to find gear for four people in our sizes. Plus, I like to wash clothes before I wear them. Especially if they are second hand. So instead of doing this I bought layers which we can wear here. The kids have already work their squall jackets a bunch of times this winter and they'll fit them next year too. A friend just lent me a down jacket that she bought in NYC. It is so soft and folds right down to nothing!! We are taking 3 cases so I think we'll be fine. Unbelievably our fish extender gifts take up a whole suitcase!! Plus there is the boxes of coffee and cereal that my hubby insists on taking. They won't come home with us so there should be plenty of room for shopping :D

Five more sleeps and it will be this!

How exciting Colin! I was going to say I was jealous but to be honest I'm wishing we had a little more time!! I have so much to do before we leave I'm not sure how to fit it all in!

16 days to go!

Hi everyone, sorry to have not checked in lately. I've just returned to work as my maternity leave finished and we are packing to move, so lots to do- trust me, I'd rather just be reading the boards instead :confused3.

Can't believe our Tokyo trip came and went (we've been back 3 weeks) but at least America is really soon!

I'm sure everyone is getting really close too....exciting times :santa::santa::santa:.

You sound super busy Stacey! I know the feeling!
12 days to go for us and I'm flat out every day until we go! Haven't started packing yet either!

Safe travels to everyone leaving in the new few days/weeks. Look forward to reading your trip reports when you get back:)

So jealous of everyone heading off now :hyper:

Meanwhile I'm getting so frustrated waiting on return emails, from it seems like everyone!!

The main one being a US TA that I use occassionally. I got a quote from her for internal flights, and it came back about $200 cheaper than anything I could find. So I asked her to go ahead and book them. 5 days, and 2 follow up emails later, and still no response :furious:

I keep telling myself that at this time of year she's probably super busy, but how hard is it to just book flights? There's no research involved, it's all done. Or at least a quick "Yep, I'll book that for you ASAP." :confused3

:offtopic: Then there are some NDR emails I'm waiting on for Christmas presents that should be sorted by now, but aren't simply because I'm still waiting on replies!

Talk about banging my head against a wall! Finally heard back from the TA I was chasing, after literally weeks of emails, where I've had to wait several days for her replies, the most recent one reads "Unfortunately we are unable to book flights for people from other countries" :badpc:

I booked our honeymoon through her in 2011, so I've been on her mailing list. I definitely don't expect her to remember me, but I assumed she would still have my details :confused3

So now back to the start... Looking for internal flights again :furious:

Talk about banging my head against a wall! Finally heard back from the TA I was chasing, after literally weeks of emails, where I've had to wait several days for her replies, the most recent one reads "Unfortunately we are unable to book flights for people from other countries" :badpc:

I booked our honeymoon through her in 2011, so I've been on her mailing list. I definitely don't expect her to remember me, but I assumed she would still have my details :confused3

So now back to the start... Looking for internal flights again :furious:

That is really bad. To keep you waiting that long and then saying she can't help....she doesn't deserve your money.

That's terrible Bec! I haven't had much luck with US travel agents. Still waiting in two of them to get back to me when the Jan 2015 DCL itineraries were released! They are a year late on that count!

I managed to find a great Aussie Disney agent and she is a gem. I could have booked my flights myself but I am so glad I booked them through her. So many changes and I haven't had to do anything!! Winning!! A reliable agent is worth their weight in gold!!

We are well on our way now!! On our last leg to NYC. It's been a loooong trip so far. No sleep makes for cranky kids and a cranky mum and dad!!

Looking forward to bed tonight!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter