December 2010 planners check in here

Willow25

DIS Veteran
Hey Guys

I am planning a trip to the states in December of 2010. I know there are some others and I was thinking it would be good to get a thread going so we can help each other out with planning. We are still deciding on our exact dates and instead of our usual trip to DW we are thinking of just doing DL this year.

well hello!

we haven't decided on exact dates either but so far we're looking at the 16th November-18th December, or something like that.

This is our rough itinerary so far:
fly into LA then directly on to Nashville
Memphis
New Orleans
Pensacola (to see family)
Orlando
NYC
back to Orlando for Podcast Cruise 2.0
then home!

Funny, I was just about to start a similar thread!

We are planning to leave for the states in early December, hit WDW before heading to NYC for christmas, then Washington DC before heading back down to Florida for the Panama Canal cruise back to LA.

I just love New Orleans.

It and Chicago for mine are by far the best US cities.

We are going in October. Lower crowds and the Halloween Horror nights at Universal are fantastic fun.

We are planning a trip for about 4 -5 weeks leaving around about Nov 27. At this stage we are either going to do WDW and Orlando for a couple of weeks before going onto Canada or we might do a week in LA & DLR before flying onto Canada for Christmas.

We want to go in Nov/Dec too. This time I think we will do the full 14 days at Disneyland, then a couple of weeks somewhere else, maybe Canada. As you have all mentioned, we don't have our dates set yet either. Getting excited already though :dance3:

xxx

Hi everyone!

Just found our Australia area! Im too much of a lurker, so thought I would actually post something!

We are also planning for December 2010! Looking at going to New York, Orlando then Vegas. Been researching all about New York and its going to be hard to decide where to stay and what to do while we are there, but should be good.

Seems like December is a popular time to go!
Looking forward to everyone's planning details as we get closer.

lindsey claire wil you be driving around the southern states, specifically Nashville/Memphis/New Orleans. We were considering driving around the area rather than going to NYC.

AussieTink, will you be spending Christmas at NYC?

shushh: We are planning to do NY at the start of our trip - so late November/early December,, so no we won't be there for Christmas, but hoping they have all the decorations up in the city.
I saw in your sig that you will be in NY, Washington & Orlando in December too! Are you visiting Washington from NY? We are trying to figure all that stuff out - like how to get to Washington for the day, or Niagra Falls. Sooooooo much to research!!

Hope everyone elses planning is going good :D

Hey guys just wanted to update you with our plans. We thought we would just go to Disneyland for a week in early December then spend the rest of the time with my family in Portland, Oregon. However I priced things out and it looks like we will go to Disneyworld for two weeks with my family joining us for the second week. Can't wait!! I have been checking on airfares and wondering when they will release some sales on plane tickets??

We are also looking to rent some points for a stay at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge villas. We are thinking about finally buying into DVC and want to try out AKV to see if that would work for us for a home resort. Anyone stayed at the villas more specifically Kidani?? We have stayed at the lodge and wondered about how different it might be.

Thanks for starting this thread Willow25! We are going on an all girls' trip starting on November 20 through to December 12 visiting San Diego Zoo, Universal Studios, Knotts Berry Farm, Sea World and a number of days at Disneyland. It is then on to Las Vegas for 5 nights.

After that time DH is flying over and we are spending a second honeymmoon together!

It is all very exciting and although I know the time will fly by, it feels like it is forever away.

:dance3::yay::cool1::banana:

Happy planning everyone!

:thumbsup2

We must be getting close I just saw that Bestflights has a deal flying Air Pacific to LA for $1149.00 including taxes and fees. This deal is through until November 2010.

After that time DH is flying over and we are spending a second honeymmoon together!

What are you planning for the honeymoon portion of the trip?? Sounds like such a great trip with the girls then finishing with the romance. LOVE IT!!

What are you planning for the honeymoon portion of the trip?? Sounds like such a great trip with the girls then finishing with the romance. LOVE IT!!

Thanks Willow 25! We are going to Vegas for shows and nice restaurants etc and then back to DL to do the parks together - it is all very exciting!

Looks like we have made the decision to visit WDW on our next trip. :) I did some costing and WDW is actually slightly cheaper than DLR.

Rough plans so far:

Depart Brissy on Nov 28th to fly to Orlando. Most likely will fly with Qantas, but will keep an eye on V as well. Will wait until later in the year to book in case some special fares are released.

Nov 28th to Dec 10th we will be at WDW staying on property. We are looking at ASMO and CBR at this stage. Will hold off booking for now to see what specials may come up.
I had originally planned on 8 days on property and then 4 days off as we will be visiting Universal and doing a few other things as well. Decided that it will be just as easy to stay in one place.

I've booked a car for Dec 2nd to 9th with National as this can always be changed. I was going to book for four days at the end of the trip, but it was actually the same price to book for a week. (Actually a few dollars cheaper) We can now break up our days in the parks if we choose and do the other things we want to do.

We will fly to Syracuse NY on Dec 10th where we will rent a car for the duration, travelling onto Canada where we will stay until Jan 3 when we will fly from Syracuse to LA and then back home.

I will start looking for FF seats from LA to Orlando asap. Seats should be released over the next few days. It will be Thanksgiving weekend when we are travelling so I want to get the US flights booked first.

I will probably book the car for Syracuse as well in the next few days. Last time we went the best rates were found very early.

We sre going from 1/12 to 15/12 more details later have to go on the January trip first.

I just checked this morning and V Australia, Qantas and Air Pacific have released their flights through to the end of December. The prices are ok but not great.

Does anybody know if they release any specials for that time of the year when they would do it?

I am thinking we will go from either the 1st of Dec or if it works out better possibly the last week of November. Will probably go for 3 or 4 weeks. The plan at the moment is to fly into NY and spend a few days there. Then go to Niagara Falls and spend a few days there. After that come back to LA and spend at least 2 weeks at Anaheim and then maybe a few days in Hollywood before we come home.

Just waiting for an awesoooooooome flight price!!!

I just checked this morning and V Australia, Qantas and Air Pacific have released their flights through to the end of December. The prices are ok but not great.

Does anybody know if they release any specials for that time of the year when they would do it?

I am thinking we will go from either the 1st of Dec or if it works out better possibly the last week of November. Will probably go for 3 or 4 weeks. The plan at the moment is to fly into NY and spend a few days there. Then go to Niagara Falls and spend a few days there. After that come back to LA and spend at least 2 weeks at Anaheim and then maybe a few days in Hollywood before we come home.

Just waiting for an awesoooooooome flight price!!!

Not sure if or when cheaper fares will be released. Usually I book our Christmas flights around about now to take advantage of the "sale prices" and then kick myself around about mid year as there always seems to be a better fare released. That being said there is always the risk the fares will increase. I've just finished our FF booking from LA to Orlando departing on the 30 Nov. I was originally looking at 28th or 29th of Nov but couldn't get seats so I grabbed the first available. I've decided to wait on booking the flights to LA for now and see what happens as I would like to have the internal US flights booked before I book the flights to the States.

Just bumping to see if their are others traveling in December and if you have made any plans yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter