December 2010 planners check in here

Aussiegirls, you sound like you've been busy too!

As for the Christmas Spectacular, I don't think I'm qualified to give an unbiased and useful opinion as Ive never seen the show! But I think itd be really cool to see.

Well shushh, I went ahead and booked the tickets to the Christmas Spectacular. I was looking at the website for about 3 days and to-ing and fro-ing about whether or not I should buy the tickets. Then yesterday was my last day at my job and my amazing boss gave me a thankyou card with a wad of cash in it. He said it is for me to use to do something special for the girls while we are on holidays - well the first thing I thought of was to use it for those tickets.

So this morning I rang up Ticketmaster and I got a great guy on the line that really took his time looking for the best seats he could find for us. I got some really good seats actually (the front of the first level directly at the right of the stage).

I am really excited about it.

I still have some $$$$ to change and I think I will do it next week. I still also have to book my transport and hopefully I will remember to do that this week too.

It's getting closer :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

xxx

Time to resurrect this thread!

I've been madly calling the States trying to organize a whole slew of things. All I can say is thank goodness for google! The free calls help!

We've booked our Christmas dinner. We're having Japanese here...It looks awesome!
http://www.ninjanewyork.com/

We've also bought tickets to see the Radio City Hall Christmas Spectacular. Again it looks awesome!
http://www.radiocitychristmas.com/

Got tickets to climb the crown of the Statue of Liberty, tickets for the ESB, tickets for DH and I to watch Wicked, organized a private bus tour for the 14 of us around NY and about to get tickets for TOTR.

There was a deal on Dreams Unlimited for tickets to Universal Studios/IOA with return transfers included so I got those too!

Excursions, dining and nursery for our cruise sorted.

56 days until we fly. So excited!!! :cool1: How's everyone's plans going?

I have a friend who lived in Seattle for 3 years and they spend one Christmas in NY and they went to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular and they are still raving about it. They plan to go next year for Christmas and will definitely be seeing it again. I hope that helps. I wouldn't miss it if I was going to be in NY at that time of year.

I've been checking out the list of Candlelight Processional Narrators and wishing I could see some of them.

So....if you're travelling in Nov/Dec; and if you've booked for a CP, make me drool.....:sick:

Who are you going to see as your CP Narrator?

princess::upsidedow

Well shushh, I went ahead and booked the tickets to the Christmas Spectacular. I was looking at the website for about 3 days and to-ing and fro-ing about whether or not I should buy the tickets. Then yesterday was my last day at my job and my amazing boss gave me a thankyou card with a wad of cash in it. He said it is for me to use to do something special for the girls while we are on holidays - well the first thing I thought of was to use it for those tickets.

So this morning I rang up Ticketmaster and I got a great guy on the line that really took his time looking for the best seats he could find for us. I got some really good seats actually (the front of the first level directly at the right of the stage).

I am really excited about it.

I still have some $$$$ to change and I think I will do it next week. I still also have to book my transport and hopefully I will remember to do that this week too.

It's getting closer :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

xxx
Double woohoo!!! What a nice way to say thank you!

I've been checking out the list of Candlelight Processional Narrators and wishing I could see some of them.

So....if you're travelling in Nov/Dec; and if you've booked for a CP, make me drool.....:sick:

Who are you going to see as your CP Narrator?

princess::upsidedow
PrincessInOz, always willing to indulge you. :lmao:Let me start the drooling process. We're booked for a CP, we're seeing Steven Curtis Chapman

D
PrincessInOz, always willing to indulge you. :lmao:Let me start the drooling process. We're booked for a CP, we're seeing Steven Curtis Chapman

Oh wow, now I am jealous!!!! I love Steven Curtis Chapman, and Cinderella has to be my DD2's favourite song. Amazing man with an amazing story.

Enjoy :flower3:

xxx

drooling-5.gif

He's DREAMY!! Now you're going to have to bring back zoom pictures! If you haven't already got a fast shutter zoom lens, now's the time to tell DH that the Aussie Dis-ers DEMAND that you get one....:lmao:

We are very excited about seeing Steven Curtis Chapman. It appears that I'm excited about many things! He sings a lot of the songs that we sing at Church and so we're eager to see him live. I was planning to buy that fixed aperture zoom lens at NY...but we're at WDW before NY. Might have to give DH the compelling DIS requirement that I buy the lens before hand (just add it on to my growing list) to be delivered to the POR in time for my arrival. :rotfl:

Are you an Elvis Fan,

I was just looking at the Disneyland Park Hours,

Well Scot Bruce is performing at Disneyland on Nov 19/20 and Dec 3/4 first show is at 7pm

We saw him in 2008 and one of the best Elvis Shows I have seen.

Oh my goodness we are leaving in 30 days for Orlando!!! Come on December planners what are your itineraries looking like?

Are you an Elvis Fan,

I was just looking at the Disneyland Park Hours,

Well Scot Bruce is performing at Disneyland on Nov 19/20 and Dec 3/4 first show is at 7pm

We saw him in 2008 and one of the best Elvis Shows I have seen.

Not particularly, although I don't mind singing along to some of his tunes and have been dreaming about Elvis vow renewals in Vegas...

Also, we're unfortunately not visiting Disneyland this time round.

Oh my goodness we are leaving in 30 days for Orlando!!! Come on December planners what are your itineraries looking like?

Wahoo!!!! :banana:

Although everyone seems to be leaving before we are...
I've noticed that there are a few leaving in December. When are you all leaving? Might bump into you at the airport or the parks!

We're leaving on the 1130am Delta flight on Dec 9 bound for Orlando. Our itinerary hasn't changed, it just becoming more and more jam-packed by the day!

In brief,

Dec 9-21 Orlando,
Dec 21-28 New York
Dec 28-Jan 2 Washington DC
Jan 2-4 Orlando
Jan 4-6 Port Canaveral
Jan 6-21 Panama Canal cruise

Here is mine...I have had to re-do it sooo many times. This is just where I will be on each day and the 'major' things on those days, not all the things I will actually be doing/seeing...the things with ? next to them are just ideas for quieter days. Any comments and or suggestions/help would be great :)

30Nov ARRIVE 9.43pm
Dec1 Look around…get over jet lag Disney downtown? Resort hop – sticky beak?
Dec2 Hollywood Studios 9am-8pm Block Party 3pm Fantasmic 6.30pm, 8.00pm Osbourne Dancing Lights
Dec3 Animal Kingdom 9am-5pm Mickeys Jungle Party Parade 3.45pm
Dec4 SEAWORLD 9am-11pm
Dec5 Orlando sightseeing/other Ripley’s and/or Wonderworks? Themed McDonalds? TNA Final Resolution PPV 7pm-11pm (may not get into)
Dec6 UNIVERSAL STUDIOS 9am-6pm TNA TV taping 5pm-?
Dec7 Animal Kingdom 9am-6pm Mickeys Jungle Party Parade 3.45pm - Africa Area
Dec8 Orlando sightseeing/other Downtown Disney? Gatorland? Hooping Class 6pm Dec9 UNIVERSAL STUDIOS 9am-6pm TNA TV taping 5pm-? (will be Christmas ep – want to see)
Dec10 Epcot 9am-12.30am IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth 9.30pm Holiday around the world (Whoopi Goldberg narrating) 5:00 p.m., 6:45 p.m., 8:15 p.m
Dec11 Hollywood studios 8am-8pm Block Party 3pm Fantasmic 6.30pm Osbourne Dancing Lights
Dec12 Magic Kingdom 9am-7pm Dreams Come True Parade 3pm - Town Square on Main Street U.S.A. & Frontierland Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party 7pm-12am
Dec13 Magic Kingdom 9am-11pm Dreams Come True Parade 3pm Main St Electrical Parade 7pm Wishes Nighttime Spectacular 8pm
Dec14 Something in the morning? LEAVE 7.04pm
Dec15 FLYING
Dec16 HOME 5.40pm

Hey guys, how are you going?

Well, I can now officially say that we go this month. We have 24 more sleeps to go.

Funny story : my little brother is going to live in Thailand. He didn't know the date I was leaving and I didn't know when he was leaving. So we were both having a conversation with our Dad (because he offered to take us both to the airport) and we all realised that we are going on the same day. So Dad will only need to take 1 day off to take us all to the airport at the same time. :thumbsup2 Kind of funny, but kind of sad too. Instead of saying the old goodbye before he goes I will be with him at the airport blubbering my goodbyes (and the girls will be too) in front of the whole world.

Anyway, I am almost all done with all the planning etc. I have all tickets booked and paid for (except for Legoland as we will play that one by ear, if we make it we make it, if we don't we don't). Have tickets for Radio City Christmas Spectacular. Have tickets for front row seating for Hollywood Christmas Parade (can you tell we are Christmas lovers :lmao: ). Have dining all booked (including our Dis-meet with Minnie Sue) and a basic plan all drawn up. I still need to book 2 tours and Fantasmic PS, but will have to do them in a few days as I can only book 30 days out.

We leave on the 25th of November so we will arrive in time to have a fair dinkum Thanksgiving dinner (can the words fair dinkum even be used in relation to Thanksgiving :confused3 ).

I still need to book transport and change a few more $$$$$. Will probably do that tomorrow. I have a travel card, some cash and I think I will change the rest into travellers cheques and use them to pay for the hotels that I will pay for on checkout.

Anyway, I am sure I will have much more to share in the upcoming days.

xxx

aussiegirls, hurray for the planning! It is a little sad about your brother but it will be a lovely way to say goodbye. Are you leaving at around the same time?

Shushh, he leaves about 1.5 hrs before we do. So we will just get to the airport super early and be the first to check in, grab some breaky, do some shopping etc :thumbsup2

xxx

Hi Everyone! We have 22 days left till we head out. Although we are going to Canada & NY before we hit Orlando in December, can't wait! The only thing we are deciding on, is if to go to Disneyland the day before Thanksgiving - as we have a day to spend in a hotel near the airport. Still umm-ing and ahh-ing!
I hope everyone that is flying out November/December has a magical and safe holiday :goodvibes

I just looked at our schedule and it seems that we'll be at different parks...Oh well.

Dec 10 MK
Dec 11 Epcot then MK
Dec 12 Epcot
Dec 13 DHS

We're doing MVMCP as well but not until Dec 17.

Here is mine...I have had to re-do it sooo many times. This is just where I will be on each day and the 'major' things on those days, not all the things I will actually be doing/seeing...the things with ? next to them are just ideas for quieter days. Any comments and or suggestions/help would be great :)

30Nov ARRIVE 9.43pm
Dec1 Look around…get over jet lag Disney downtown? Resort hop – sticky beak?
Dec2 Hollywood Studios 9am-8pm Block Party 3pm Fantasmic 6.30pm, 8.00pm Osbourne Dancing Lights
Dec3 Animal Kingdom 9am-5pm Mickeys Jungle Party Parade 3.45pm
Dec4 SEAWORLD 9am-11pm
Dec5 Orlando sightseeing/other Ripley’s and/or Wonderworks? Themed McDonalds? TNA Final Resolution PPV 7pm-11pm (may not get into)
Dec6 UNIVERSAL STUDIOS 9am-6pm TNA TV taping 5pm-?
Dec7 Animal Kingdom 9am-6pm Mickeys Jungle Party Parade 3.45pm - Africa Area
Dec8 Orlando sightseeing/other Downtown Disney? Gatorland? Hooping Class 6pm Dec9 UNIVERSAL STUDIOS 9am-6pm TNA TV taping 5pm-? (will be Christmas ep – want to see)
Dec10 Epcot 9am-12.30am IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth 9.30pm Holiday around the world (Whoopi Goldberg narrating) 5:00 p.m., 6:45 p.m., 8:15 p.m
Dec11 Hollywood studios 8am-8pm Block Party 3pm Fantasmic 6.30pm Osbourne Dancing Lights
Dec12 Magic Kingdom 9am-7pm Dreams Come True Parade 3pm - Town Square on Main Street U.S.A. & Frontierland Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party 7pm-12am
Dec13 Magic Kingdom 9am-11pm Dreams Come True Parade 3pm Main St Electrical Parade 7pm Wishes Nighttime Spectacular 8pm
Dec14 Something in the morning? LEAVE 7.04pm
Dec15 FLYING
Dec16 HOME 5.40pm

Your plan looks a little like mine. Resting on day one sea world on the 4th. We leave WDW earlier though (on the 12th) and head north to spend Christmas with my family in Canada.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter