December 2010 planners check in here

Got the price from V Aust website.

I was going to wait but it got down to $1111 per adult and I thought that I should just go for it. I might be annoyed if it goes lower than that - it shouldn't go too much lower anyways. But I am not much of a gambler so I thought I would just get them.

I am happy with that price. :thumbsup2

xxx

Great price Aussiegirls. My brother booked in December for the May trip and paid $100 less than your price on V Australia; and that deal was offered when the travel scene was still flat'ish. If "no flights into Europe continues for an extended period", some people may be looking at travelling to Asia and the US as alternative holiday destinations. And then its likely that the prices will increase.

Platypus, did you see the post about the Pin codes, you need to go check it out.

And congrats on booking. I'm so jealous

When I called I asked if there were any pin codes but unfortunately no. I booked room only at this stage as I can add the pin at a later date if released. I can also upgrade to a package at any time. The main thing was to get the room booked so I know I have something. Really it is a pretty good price anyway 1157.00 for 12 nights.

princessinoz, that's exactly what I was thinking. It is what pushed me to go ahead and buy them now and not wait. With all that is going on with the volcano I was thinking that not only may more people want to go to somewhere other than Europe, but lots of airlines have lost lots of money now and they may just try and recoup those losses by increases in airfares.

lovintheland we are going from 25th of Nov (Thanksgiving day) until 18th of Dec - one of my girls refuses to be anywhere other than home on Christmas day :lmao:

xxx

Hi everyone,

I was wondering why everyone has chosen to visit Disneyland/Disneyworld in December? What's the weather like then? Is it cold and raining?

We went to Disneyland in September and had gorgeous warm weather. We are thinking of going back either to Disneyland or Disneyworld in mid January for our honeymoon. Just not sure what the weather will be like then.

Any help you could give would be appreciated!

Hey Butterflykisses, how are you? Have been wondering where you have been.

I am not sure about the others but the reason we are going in December is because we really want to see Disneyland at Christmas. We were there in Oct too and though it was lovely but having seen the Disney Chrissy photos just makes me need to be there.

Good to see you back.

Xxxx

We've been to Disneyland in December/January. Weather in LA at that time of year is no different to being in Melbourne. I remember wearing 3 layers in the mornings and at nights. Had to hire a locker during the days to throw the extra layer into.

Have a great honeymoon!

Hi everyone,

I was wondering why everyone has chosen to visit Disneyland/Disneyworld in December? What's the weather like then? Is it cold and raining?

We went to Disneyland in September and had gorgeous warm weather. We are thinking of going back either to Disneyland or Disneyworld in mid January for our honeymoon. Just not sure what the weather will be like then.

We went to LA and DL in September 2000 and the weather was stinking hot and heavy with smog. Never again. My lungs weren't enjoying themselves. :headache:

The weather can be cool in December and Jan but we have always enjoyed it and found it to be lovely weather. I think it is the perfect time of year to visit :goodvibes
It helps that I adore Christmas :cloud9:
Disney is extra magical at Christmas :wizard: :love:

Thanks for your replies so far.

We don't mind cold weather, but not sure if I'd like freezing weather. Also I'm a bit worried about rain. I'd hate to go all that way and be rained out and not be able to enjoy the parks.

Has anyone been in Januay before? How much rain did you get while you were there?

I forgot to add - that the Mission Inn Riverside does Festival of Lights at Christmas. I've been in the SoCal area 3 times in November/December with every intention of going - but I haven't made it, yet.

It usually starts in late November and goes through to early Jan.

If you're going, might be worth googling and checking when the lights are on and whether it's something you might want to go see.

Hi everyone,

For our family a couple of things influence our decision to go in December.
The main one now is school holidays. If we go as a family, we go for 4-6 weeks. With DD in grade 10 we don't like to have her miss too much school.
I have family in Canada so we combine our Disney vacation with a visit "home". I love spending Christmas in North America and absolutely love Disney at Christmas. Christmas for me at Disney is even more magical than other times of year. I love the Christmas overlays at DLR and although they don't do them at WDW the decorations are fantastic.
The weather in CA can be lovely at that time of year, it can also be very cold, especially at night. I remember our first visit in 1998 was freezing. We had coats, gloves, hats, and shivered most nights.
We were in FLA in Dec 2007. The weather was lovely, but we found it cool. I found the Dec climate in Orlando that year very similar to our Brisbane winter.
I was watching temperatures in FLA last December and it was really cold.
The only time I've experienced rain at either was last October at DLR. We had rain one day, but really we didn't care. We put on some rain coats and had a great day.
I'm sure I've seen historical info on temperatures for both, but not sure where exactly. :)

Hi Butterflykisses, we were in WDW last December/January. Xmas is a fantastic time to go with all the decorations and festivities, parades lights etc. Worth every minute and cent. Lots of people, but then we know that before going anyway.

Weather however is funny. The average for December in Florida is late teens in day and high single digits (all celcius) at night, quite nice for winter. Last winter was one of the coldest on record which climaxed with a snow day on January 9, yes SNOW in Orlando. This was highly unusual I believe and we just had no luck I think. I would say our first few days in Orlando were more indicative which was shorts, t-shirt and swimming pool weather. If you go in December, be prepared for both. Good luck and have fun!

We have gone twice in early December to Orlando and have experienced both warm early 30's and cold teens. We always pack layers and prepare for anything.

Count me back in,
DW and DS and I are going Nov 26 to Dec 10.
saving plan back on track after a few rough months
Son will not be going into the Army early, he missed out this time and will have to wait until next year.

So... Disneyland here we come

Well we are now officially booked too. Arrive on the 25th November and come back on the 18th of December. Staying at the Hojo whilst in Anaheim. We are just beyond excited :cheer2: :dance3: :cheer2: :dance3: :cheer2: :dance3:

xxx

Hurray Aussiegirls and darren123! That's great news!

Well, we're back safely from our DCL med cruise and had an fabulous time! Now very excited about our trip to WDW and the Panama Canal cruise.

Well we are now officially booked too. Arrive on the 25th November and come back on the 18th of December. Staying at the Hojo whilst in Anaheim. We are just beyond excited :cheer2: :dance3: :cheer2: :dance3: :cheer2: :dance3:

xxx

Staying at HoJo as well
Thanks shushh

I was asked what is my goal for 2010 I answered going to Disneyland twice in one year

Okay you December peeps, it's time to start planning the nitty grittys I would say. I'm not going this December but am hoping to go next December so to keep myself "interested" :lmao: I am going to pretend like I am going this year and start looking into park hours, EMH, MVMCP, what park to do what day, ADR's etc.

So for all you lucky ducks going this year:-

1. What dates are you going?

2. What parks do you plan on visiting on what days?

3. Why did you choose that park for that day?

4. How many days at each park?

5. Are you going to take advantage of EMH am & pm?

6. Do you have to decide what park you will visit each day before making ADR's to minimise travel times between parks?

7. Are you going to plan a Water park day or is it just going to be too cold to go?

8. Are the show times for parades and shows out early enough so you can plan your ADR's 180 days out without there being a clash that makes you miss something?

9. Is anyone staying at WL? How are the buses

10. What are your thoughts on the Wishes Dessert Party?

11. What about MVMCP? Is it worth the money? I kind of felt the Halloween party at DL was fun but a little expensive, am wondering if this would be similar?

12. Am I being annoying asking all of these questions :rotfl2:?

I'm so excited! :cool1:

We made our ADRs over the weekend (well the travel agent did) and we got everything that we wanted except for Le Cellier's so I can't complain. We managed to get an alternative time but we worry that 645pm might be too late for the children (We're 540pm dinner people...sad I know!) Oh well, I'm just glad we have a reservation!

The trip feels so real now!

We LOVED le Cellier, so much we went twice. The pretzel bread was divine. We asked our waiter if he could bring just pretzel bread for our second basket, he did this. However, we noticed that the new table next to us got NO pretzel bread, tragic.:rotfl: We found the later reservations were fine, if we took a break in the middle of the day.

It sometimes pays to keep checking on-line to adjust times, tables seem to pop up sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter