Dessert Parties return to the Magic Kingdom & also California Grill

Does this mean no more wandering out on the observation deck if you're a regular California Grill dinner guest?

I've only been there once back in April and fireworks were still a no-go, but we did get to wander outside and watch the sunset, etc. during dinner.

Another question about these events for previous attendees...

Are the desserts the same tasteless sawdust&wax indestructible cardboard boxes we are used to seeing at the Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace buffets?

I have a joke about Disney desserts: Pretty, Tasty, or Sturdy? You can pick only 2.

In my experience, I usually end up with Pretty and Sturdy. 🤮

Or are these things moist, delicious or flavorful? Would I be willing or able to consume $99 worth of these appetizers and desserts?

Question for those who have been...is this price really worth it? I mean $99 and up per person? Sheesh. I can understand after hours events where you get access to rides with low wait times, etc. But this seems harder to justify...

It’s worth it to us because I can’t deal with the crowds on Main Street but we are only a party of 2. If all 4 of us were going I would probably think differently. We also only go every 2-3ish years so we splurge. If we went often we probably wouldn’t do it. We did the plaza garden viewing when it was a FP many years ago. I love MK fireworks. It’s probably my most favorite thing at WDW. I don’t want to fight for a spot or wait 2 hours ahead for a good spot.

Does this mean no more wandering out on the observation deck if you're a regular California Grill dinner guest?

I've only been there once back in April and fireworks were still a no-go, but we did get to wander outside and watch the sunset, etc. during dinner.

Im wondering the same thing.

I loved the plaza garden dessert party a few years ago. I’m not sure about it now with covid🙄

We are going to WDW in October of 2022 with a couple of friends (who have never been to WDW!). I think that we might splurge for the Tomorrowland Terrace seated viewing of MK fireworks and maybe the Rose & Crown dining package for the Epcot show.

There are two viewing decks, it may be one will be for the party guests and the other for the CG diners although we still don't know what that is going to be either.

There are two viewing decks, it may be one will be for the party guests and the other for the CG diners although we still don't know what that is going to be either.
In the past they used the back deck for the Celebration at the Top guests.

Yep, just looked at the Josh review and they were on the rear area with other guests on the front one.

I heard that Enchantment will also have projections incorporated into the show up and down Main Street. I am waiting to see what these look like, but I was kind of thinking that the best place to stand for the whole experience is on Main Street but closer to the castle so you could see all of it. I almost wonder if sitting in the Tomorrowland Terrace or in the garden will make you "lose" some of the experience. Then again, you see none of the projections (or at least very little of it) from the California Grill or the Seven Seas Lagoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter