Did you say nose picker or nose peeker? Our April 2021 trip! Update 8/19** complete!

“Mom Does Know Best”

04/21/20

I love the park pass system, well, maybe just on Epcot days. We had a reservation for Epcot today. Epcot opens at 11:00 and it gives us time to sleep in. I love the later start time for Epcot right now. I like it so much, I have been reserving Epcot for our first full day on our upcoming trips. This is a nice way to start our first day.

I woke up in the middle of the night and could not figure out where I was. I also could hear this very soft beeping noise. It sounded like an alarm clock in the next room, however , it never stopped. Once you hear it, you can’t stop hearing it, ugh! It was only 5am when I noticed the noise. I really wanted to sleep in. I did try to go back to sleep and I think I got another hour or so. I spent time on my iPad checking my emails and a few other things. After this, I decided to get up and get ready for the day. So much for sleeping in. :sad2: :faint:

I did like the big walk in shower. The rainfall shower head was nice, good water pressure and the water was always nice and hot. The only negative was there is nothing to put your legs on to shave. That was the only negative. I think there should be a ledge or small bench area.

I took my time and had a cup of cold brew with cream and lounged around. Andi woke-up around 8am. I ate a cookie, banana, and a few strawberries for my breakfast. I asked Andi if she heard the faint beeping and she had not. I decided to forget about it for now. Spoiler: It doesn’t go away.>:(

We decided to head out around 9:45am, Lyft was how we traveled this morning.

This was quick and we were at Epcot by 10am, we went through security and headed to Soarin. We decided to skip test track this morning. It was 10:20 am and we entered the Soarin line. The CM told us the ride opened at 11am. Andi looked at me and said, do we want to wait 40 minutes? I told her I had been spending my pandemic hours watching videos about the parks and I knew the ride would open early. I was really hoping this would happen now that I told her mom knows best, lol! Well, I was right and we were moving and on the ride by 10:45. We were in the first row of A, some warped landmarks but not horrible.
E5370E33-5A97-48FC-8F98-97C432027367.jpeg

We decided to ride LwtL next, this was a walk on, we got the front row, yay!
1C91B663-4D02-49AC-A920-FA67774E3F38.jpeg
This is a favorite ride of ours and we enjoyed being back.

It was time to head out of the land. We worked our way to the Figment area and Joy was outside. We got a selfie with her. This was fun.
39ACE9E4-F76C-4CFA-B35E-0B9F0C53B4D4.jpeg
We got our one and only PhotoPass picture next. I can’t believe this was the only one in Epcot with Andi.
4A69BA10-2405-4643-A4A1-D7B82EA84A6E.jpeg

It was time to try some Flower and Garden treats. We started at Trowel and Trellis. The Boneless Impossible Korean Short Rib with Cilantro-Lime Rice, Danmuji slaw and Kimchee Mayonnaise
F461AD9F-16BB-4CE2-9964-6595C44C6499.jpeg
This was so good, one was not enough. I would get this again. It was tender and tasted like beef. 2 thumbs up 👍

Mexico wasn’t to busy yet so we went inside and rode Gran Feista. I was surprised to see cardboard cut-outs of the three caballeros, this was weird especially for Disney. We laughed at it.
BA4CF30B-38D4-4A19-AC89-67CD9DB06F5F.jpeg

Our next stop was Italy. I wanted the Arancini and Andi wanted the Margherita pizza. The pizza was plain, nothin special but decent. The Arancini was really good. I really enjoyed these. Crispy outside with a nice rice/sausage combination and the sauce was so light and full of flavor. 2 thumbs up 👍
D636A45B-95E8-4564-9B29-70AB23476F64.jpeg

It was getting busy and we decided to check out the world showplace for some more food. I had the key lime tart and the frozen lemonade with the firefly blackberry moonshine. These both were a hit for me. 2 more thumbs up 👍
69230CE8-2FA0-4BAB-AA1A-C8B0CDEC27B1.jpeg
Andi had her first adult beverage in Epcot. She went with the Bold Rock Watermelon hard cider. She enjoyed this. We liked it in here. It was quiet and cool and the bathrooms were clean, big, and empty! 2 more thumbs up 👍
D7D2EC3A-6DCB-448A-ABC5-B3E9C6E73F55.jpeg
We decided to head out towards the front of the park. We made our way to the Honey Bistro booth to try the Orange Blossom Honey wine and the Honey Peach Freeze with Blueberry Vodka. I loved the wine to bad it was like 3 -4 sips worth, very small. The Freeze was really good except Andi got a big gulp of vodka even after mixing it well. We liked both of these, two thumbs up 👍

3E2D5441-7C48-44BE-9B7A-2E2A8145F94E.jpeg
We ran into Karilynn and Liesa at this booth. They were trying some treats. We talked for a few minutes and planned to meet up later.

Andi and I decided to take a break and went back to the room. It was about 2pm.

It was nice to relax for a few hours. I wen for a walk around the lake and took a nap. Stay tuned for our evening in Epcot and a mini Epic meet-up.

Epcot opens at 11:00 and it gives us time to sleep in. I love the later start time for Epcot right now. I like it so much, I have been reserving Epcot for our first full day on our upcoming trips. This is a nice way to start our first day.
Not a bad idea! I don't know if I could wait that long, though. Like: "I'm in Disney! I gotta gooo!!!!" :laughing:
I woke up in the middle of the night and could not figure out where I was. I also could hear this very soft beeping noise. It sounded like an alarm clock in the next room, however , it never stopped. Once you hear it, you can’t stop hearing it, ugh!
Ugh. I know just how you feel.
I did like the big walk in shower. The rainfall shower head was nice, good water pressure and the water was always nice and hot.
Sounds heavenly. :goodvibes
The only negative was there is nothing to put your legs on to shave.
I hate it when that happens.

:rolleyes1
I asked Andi if she heard the faint beeping and she had not. I decided to forget about it for now. Spoiler: It doesn’t go away.:(
Ugh!
That's happened to me.
I don't know how many times for you, but it was 3 nights in a row for me.
The CM told us the ride opened at 11am. Andi looked at me and said, do we want to wait 40 minutes? I told her I had been spending my pandemic hours watching videos about the parks and I knew the ride would open early. I was really hoping this would happen now that I told her mom knows best, lol! Well, I was right and we were moving and on the ride by 10:45.
Yay! Mom knowledge for the win!
We got a selfie with her. This was fun.
How could it not be? She's so full of... of... happiness? No, that's not it. Love? No, too strong. Gratitude? hmmm... no.
Nevermind. It'll come to me eventually.
4A69BA10-2405-4643-A4A1-D7B82EA84A6E.jpeg
ooooh... you guys are so scary! :laughing:

The Boneless Impossible Korean Short Rib with Cilantro-Lime Rice, Danmuji slaw and Kimchee Mayonnaise
Sounds good! I'd try that.
I was surprised to see cardboard cut-outs of the three caballeros, this was weird especially for Disney. We laughed at it.
What? That is weird. :)
The pizza was plain, nothin special but decent.
Not surprised, tbh.
I had the key lime tart and the frozen lemonade with the firefly blackberry moonshine. These both were a hit for me. 2 more thumbs up 👍
Those sound really good too.
Andi had her first adult beverage in Epcot.
:laughing:
Today: 1st beverage in Epcot.
Tomorrow: Andi drinking around the world.
We ran into Karilynn and Liesa at this booth.
Nice! Some of my fave people. :)

This was quick and we were at Epcot by 10am, we went through security and headed to Soarin. We decided to skip test track this morning. It was 10:20 am and we entered the Soarin line. The CM told us the ride opened at 11am. Andi looked at me and said, do we want to wait 40 minutes? I told her I had been spending my pandemic hours watching videos about the parks and I knew the ride would open early. I was really hoping this would happen now that I told her mom knows best, lol! Well, I was right and we were moving and on the ride by 10:45. We were in the first row of A, some warped landmarks but not horrible.
Moms do know best! It's a fact. :)
Perfect! I love LwtL!
It was time to head out of the land. We worked our way to the Figment area and Joy was outside. We got a selfie with her. This was fun.
So cute!
We got our one and only PhotoPass picture next. I can’t believe this was the only one in Epcot with Andi.
Love this picture! Your outfit is adorable!
Mexico wasn’t to busy yet so we went inside and rode Gran Feista. I was surprised to see cardboard cut-outs of the three caballeros, this was weird especially for Disney. We laughed at it.
So strange....what is that even all about??
Andi had her first adult beverage in Epcot. She went with the Bold Rock Watermelon hard cider. She enjoyed this. We liked it in here. It was quiet and cool and the bathrooms were clean, big, and empty! 2 more thumbs up 👍
Watermelon hard cider would be awesome! Was this her first ever adult bevvie or first Disney official?
We ran into Karilynn and Liesa at this booth. They were trying some treats. We talked for a few minutes and planned to meet up later.

Andi and I decided to take a break and went back to the room. It was about 2pm.

It was nice to relax for a few hours. I wen for a walk around the lake and took a nap. Stay tuned for our evening in Epcot and a mini Epic meet-up.
So nice to see Liesa and Karilynn! Can't wait to hear all about your evening adventures!

The Arancini was really good. I really enjoyed these. Crispy outside with a nice rice/sausage combination and the sauce was so light and full of flavor. 2 thumbs up 👍
Good to know! Didn't try this last month but it's on the list for next :)
I had the key lime tart
OMG was that not absolutely delicious?? I will DEFINITELY be getting that again!!

I woke up in the middle of the night and could not figure out where I was. I also could hear this very soft beeping noise. It sounded like an alarm clock in the next room, however , it never stopped. Once you hear it, you can’t stop hearing it, ugh! It was only 5am when I noticed the noise. I really wanted to sleep in. I did try to go back to sleep and I think I got another hour or so. I spent time on my iPad checking my emails and a few other things. After this, I decided to get up and get ready for the day. So much for sleeping in. :sad2: :faint:

Oh no! That's so annoying, sorry you had to put up with that.

Wahoo for front row!

Our next stop was Italy. I wanted the Arancini and Andi wanted the Margherita pizza. The pizza was plain, nothin special but decent. The Arancini was really good. I really enjoyed these. Crispy outside with a nice rice/sausage combination and the sauce was so light and full of flavor. 2 thumbs up 👍

100% agree with you, the Arancini were really good!

It was quiet and cool and the bathrooms were clean, big, and empty! 2 more thumbs up 👍

Haha, I love those bathrooms, yet always find it crazy how BIG they are!

Sounds like a great time in Epcot, can't wait to read more!

Hi friend! Its Cloe :) I don't know how often I'll pop in but I have read everything up until this point! Looks like an awesome start to your trip! So glad you were able to make it back to your happy place finally!

I wish CSR had something else for QS or that Three Bridges would open earlier haha

Never fails, when you have the chance to sleep in on vacation, something inevitably wakes you up! Sorry that the beeping occurred.

Your excitement and joy at being back at MK (the previous evening) and Epcot that morning comes through so clearly in your updates. Not going to lie, makes me really happy for the day I return. And I agree, it's not a trip until Peter Pan's Flight happens! :goodvibes

Andi being 21 had to add a new spin on the trip. I remember visiting Epcot with my mom at 22 and having a new sort of experience in the parks with her. (Nothing bad or obnoxious, just different.) I hope one day Evie will want to meander around festival booths with me when she's that age.

We wished Disney provided a liquid hand soap

I keep a bunch of Bath & Body Works liquid soaps in my owner's locker bacuse I hate washing with bar soap.

Next was the new and improved security. This was so much more efficient and we did not need to take anything out and walked right through the detectors.

I love this, it makes a HUGE difference!

I always feel like I’m home once I ride Peter Pan.
125A38CA-2729-4FDE-92CA-D04183B49FDA.jpeg

Same! It was our first ride last month :lovestruc

How exciting, there was a package at the front desk for us. I went down to get it and it was a box of goodies from our TA. How nice was that. It contained chocolate chip cookies 🍪 and chocolate covered Oreos.
09DCEF04-4C6F-44BC-8AC4-24AA5D9426E8.jpeg

So sweet! And they look yummy!

We had a reservation for Epcot today. Epcot opens at 11:00 and it gives us time to sleep in.

As much as I miss GG breakfast, I do agree with you…it's nice not having to wake up at the crack of dawn to get there!

Once you hear it, you can’t stop hearing it, ugh!

What was it???

The only negative was there is nothing to put your legs on to shave

Lol! I don't have leg hair anymore so I don't have to worry about that! I shave maybe twice a year…usually before vacations…just in case!

Well, I was right and we were moving and on the ride by 10:45. We were in the first row of A, some warped landmarks but not horrible.
E5370E33-5A97-48FC-8F98-97C432027367.jpeg

Cute pic!

1C91B663-4D02-49AC-A920-FA67774E3F38.jpeg

This is a favorite ride of ours and we enjoyed being back.

:love:

Joy was outside. We got a selfie with her. This was fun.
39ACE9E4-F76C-4CFA-B35E-0B9F0C53B4D4.jpeg

Adorable! We didn't see her in April :sad1:

I was surprised to see cardboard cut-outs of the three caballeros, this was weird especially for Disney. We laughed at it.
BA4CF30B-38D4-4A19-AC89-67CD9DB06F5F.jpeg

Just yesterday I saw a blog that they're back in all their glory! :love:

What a lovely start to your day at Epcot! And your outfit is SO cute!!! :cutie: It must have been so wonderful to be back at your happy place. Just reading your TR makes me feel somewhat there. Can't wait... hoping for October!? :hyper:

Not a bad idea! I don't know if I could wait that long, though. Like: "I'm in Disney! I gotta gooo!!!
I love it when it isn’t a choice, lol 😂 We usually always do a rope drop at one park and hit another park later. It is weird you can‘t do that if Epcot is the park you reserved.
Ugh. I know just how you feel.
I am an early riser most days, we don’t sleep much past 5am in this household. Sometimes it would be nice. If I sleep until 6:30am it is sleeping in. :rotfl:
Sounds heavenly.
The shower is so nice at Gran, if you like a tub this resort is not for you, no tubs.
I hate it when that happens.
I know, 😆 We are high maintenance!
Ugh!
That's happened to me.
I don't know how many times for you, but it was 3 nights in a row for me.
It happened another night and Andi heard it as well. We did figure it out, we laughed at the fix for this as well. We call it Disney cheap during the pandemic!
Yay! Mom knowledge for the win!
Got that right, now could you explain it to my kids!
How could it not be? She's so full of... of... happiness? No, that's not it. Love? No, too strong. Gratitude? hmmm... no.
Nevermind. It'll come to me eventually.
You make me feel full of JOY with this response, :ssst:
ooooh... you guys are so scary
Yes remember cue the scary mom/dtr in masks 😷
Sounds good! I'd try that.
I think you would enjoy it, tastes just like a Korean beef short rib
What? That is weird
Disney’s pandemic cheap moves again!!!
Those sound really good too
I was surprised how all the treats we sampled were so yummy!
Nice! Some of my fave people.
::yes::party:
Moms do know best! It's a fact.
Exactly, why haven’t the kids received this memo!
Perfect! I love LwtL!
I thought of you when we got the front row, I did take a picture of my feet just for you. We rode twice and first row both times, yay!
It was fun seeing the characters like this, sometimes it was hard to get close enough for a picture, we lucked out with Joy, she was all alone this morning.
Love this picture! Your outfit is adorable!
Thank you! I hope in June Andi will be more willing to get pictures without the masks.
So strange....what is that even all about??
Disney going cheap :sad2:
Watermelon hard cider would be awesome! Was this her first ever adult bevvie or first Disney official?
Just her first one in Disney, she had turned 21 in November and she has had several adult beverages by this time.:drinking1
So nice to see Liesa and Karilynn! Can't wait to hear all about your evening adventures!
It was really nice to spend a little time with some favorite Epic ladies!
Good to know! Didn't try this last month but it's on the list for next
I was surprised how good these tasted. Not greasy at all, I may get again. You get 4 of them and I ate them all, lol 😆
OMG was that not absolutely delicious?? I will DEFINITELY be getting that again!!
Yes, it was delicious and hit the spot! I love key lime and around here it is nonexistent the moonshine was very tasty as well

I love it when it isn’t a choice, lol 😂 We usually always do a rope drop at one park and hit another park later. It is weird you can‘t do that if Epcot is the park you reserved.
A whole new world.
I am an early riser most days, we don’t sleep much past 5am in this household. Sometimes it would be nice. If I sleep until 6:30am it is sleeping in. :rotfl:
Yikes! I only get up at 5 when I work day shift.
The shower is so nice at Gran, if you like a tub this resort is not for you, no tubs.
Depends. Some hotel tubs are so small that you can hardly use them anyway.
I know, 😆 We are high maintenance!
:laughing:
It happened another night and Andi heard it as well. We did figure it out, we laughed at the fix for this as well. We call it Disney cheap during the pandemic!
Curious to see what it was. :)
Got that right, now could you explain it to my kids!
Nope!
Yes remember cue the scary mom/dtr in masks
Oooohhhh...
I think you would enjoy it, tastes just like a Korean beef short rib
Mmmmm...

Sounds like such a great morning/afternoon at Epcot! I love the selfie with Joy!!
It really was nice and laid back which is different for us!, Joy was so cute and one of the only ones we were able to get a selfie with.
How fun to taste some adult beverages with Andi!
It was a different way of touring the parks, I enjoyed it!
Oh no! That's so annoying, sorry you had to put up with that.
It was and it gets worse when Andi starts hearing it, oh no!
Wahoo for front row!
We lucked out and had the front row twice.
100% agree with you, the Arancini were really good!
I really liked it and a good portion size!
Haha, I love those bathrooms, yet always find it crazy how BIG they are!

Sounds like a great time in Epcot, can't wait to read more!
This was the first time we had ever been in there. We loved it and it did seem like some people had no idea it was there.
Brunch at Three Bridges would be amazing!
That would be so good, the time 3 bridges opened was a barrier for us ad we never did have a drink there.
I keep a bunch of Bath & Body Works liquid soaps in my owner's locker bacuse I hate washing with bar soap.
That is such a good idea, I should bring a small one sealed up for the flight.
love this, it makes a HUGE difference!
I agree, it is nice not to have the long waits as they rummage through everything.
Same! It was our first ride last month
Love this Molly from all ears favorite quote “ Poor Nana, Poor Father” lol 😂
So sweet! And they look yummy!
The Oreos tasted so good covered in chocolate
As much as I miss GG breakfast, I do agree with you…it's nice not having to wake up at the crack of dawn to get there!
We love that breakfast. It is nice to have morning to lounge!
What was it???
Something really dumb, I will let you know soon!
Lol! I don't have leg hair anymore so I don't have to worry about that! I shave maybe twice a year…usually before vacations…just in case!
That is funny, my sister doesn’t have anymore either, i keep waiting for mine to be gone.
Adorable! We didn't see her in April :sad1:
This was a true Disney moment in my book
Just yesterday I saw a blog that they're back in all their glory!
Thank goodness, the cardboard figures just weird!

Hi friend! Its Cloe :) I don't know how often I'll pop in but I have read everything up until this point! Looks like an awesome start to your trip! So glad you were able to make it back to your happy place finally!

I wish CSR had something else for QS or that Three Bridges would open earlier haha
Hello my friend, so nice to see you here!! I have been reading and watching all of your adventures.
I totally agree, we never did make it to 3 Bridges boo 😒 It just never worked with our schedule and the one time it was going to be a super long wait.

Never fails, when you have the chance to sleep in on vacation, something inevitably wakes you up! Sorry that the beeping occurred.
This is so true, several times on our trips we have been awakened by something annoying, ugh!
Your excitement and joy at being back at MK (the previous evening) and Epcot that morning comes through so clearly in your updates. Not going to lie, makes me really happy for the day I return. And I agree, it's not a trip until Peter Pan's Flight happens!
It really was so special, MK on Mainstreet is always wonderful but this was extra special :love: Peter Pan is such an iconic dark ride.
Andi being 21 had to add a new spin on the trip. I remember visiting Epcot with my mom at 22 and having a new sort of experience in the parks with her. (Nothing bad or obnoxious, just different.) I hope one day Evie will want to meander around festival booths with me when she's that age.
We found it really relaxing to spend some time visiting and having a drink and appetizers at several lounges. It is harder on the old pocketbooks haha 😂

What a lovely start to your day at Epcot! And your outfit is SO cute!!! :cutie: It must have been so wonderful to be back at your happy place. Just reading your TR makes me feel somewhat there. Can't wait... hoping for October!? :hyper:
Ahh thanks Tracy! It really was special even with all the changes!
Yay I hope you can return in October, love that month at Disney.

Hello my friend, so nice to see you here!! I have been reading and watching all of your adventures.
I totally agree, we never did make it to 3 Bridges boo 😒 It just never worked with our schedule and the one time it was going to be a super long wait.

Oh no!! Did you know that you can actually join the waitlist from anywhere on CSR property? It makes it SOOO much easier to get a table and not walk all the way over there! Just in case you stay there again in the future!

Oh no!! Did you know that you can actually join the waitlist from anywhere on CSR property? It makes it SOOO much easier to get a table and not walk all the way over there! Just in case you stay there again in the future!
We tried to mobile order one night and the earliest time s,or was after 9pm. I didn’t realize we could have joined the waitlist from our room, bummer. Thanks for the information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter