Didn't you just get back from WDW and you are going AGAIN?

skellingtonfreak

Disney is my life...you have a problem with that?
Hey everyone...people have been asking me where we are going on vacation later next month and then when I give them the answer, I get the look (oh you ALL know the one:rolleyes2), and then THAT question.

Does anyone else get this kind of response when telling people you are going to DisneyWorld? Again, for the 5th, 6th, 10th, even 100th time?

I usually shrug it off, and some people just shake their heads and laugh...but it makes me wonder if everyone else goes through this madness everytime they announce they are going to the Mouse House for vacation again.

I am going to move this to the Theme Parks Community Board. It will get more response there.

Yes, especially since this time I'll be there a month and a day after the last time I was there. I have a legitimate reason, though--I'm going back for the Half-Marathon. That answer usually shuts people up. :laughing:

no, not so much- people i work with are usually happy when I tell them I'm going to Disney- because I'm so stressed out all the time and since Disney is one of my "happy places" I come back typically in a much calmer mood. I do roll my eyes at people that get to go to WDW for 2 weeks, or longer. My job (office job) prohibits vacations longer than a week to a time, and it really irritates me (that rule). Usually for the people that complain that a 2 week vacation isn't enough- I often wonder what they would do in my shoes (or people that can't take more than a week or less). Everyone should be fortunate that they get to go to Disney....sure I would LOVE to have a 8-10 day WDW vacation, but it will never be in the cards because of my office....but just the same I am very fortunate to have been able to go all the times in the last 3 years that we have. I think it's what keeps Disney "special" at least for me, anyway.

Awww, don't listen to 'em! They obviously don't know what they're missing. If only everyone could be as luck as we are, to have a place so wonderful and happy, that brings us so much joy. :goodvibes

Yes, we get that all of the time- and don't go that often(once a year)we get it mostly from DH's family- and they never go on vacation. And yes we ignore it.;)

I used to get this reaction a whole lot more than I do now. A lot of people that I know got married and started having kids. They took the obligatory Disney trip with the kids and discovered it for themselves. Now they're hooked and understand why I go.

I got that response from a lot of people. We went to WDW for the first time in Aug. 08 and became instantly addicted. In November we booked a return trip to WDW for Jan. 09. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter