Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found these boards shortly before 9/11 (but recall it having a big impact on me right after it) It was my favorite place on the internet for a long time. I used to frequent the rumors and news boards the most. I simply wanted to shoutout rteetz. I respected the heck out of what they did on the rumors and news board and it was very much appreciated. Thank you.

(I saw them post on the other site and wanted to send love; hoping they may see it here)

Respect to Sean and Dustin.

Totally off topic but one reason I left the boards is because the ads were intolerable. I see that hasn’t gotten any better. On my phone the ad scrolls down from the top blocking the navigation buttons. At least I’m not getting the “you’ve won whatever” pop ups yet.

Everyone has their Pete Breaking Point. Mine was during the acknowledgment of Josh’s (from easyWDW) passing. Craig did a beautiful and respectful job of remembering him and expressing sympathy, but Pete more or less just brushed it off. Josh was a friend, and everyone in the blog/vlog community was sincere and sympathetic in their remembrances. Pete, not so much. Or not at all, really.

Last edited:

Totally off topic but one reason I left the boards is because the ads were intolerable. I see that hasn’t gotten any better. On my phone the ad scrolls down from the top blocking the navigation buttons. At least I’m not getting the “you’ve won whatever” pop ups yet.
Ads here are worse than on Reddit IMO

Ads? Sshhh!!! I haven't seen any ads viewing this on my 🦆🦆▶️ web browser at all. I have an android phone if that makes a difference. And since you mentioned it, this thread being the first time ever that I'm viewing the boards on my phone, I used to only use my laptop, wasn't there a Dis app once upon a time? I don't have it now, my I could swear about 4 or 5 phones ago there was a Dis app with the DIS in white on the navy background. Did I imagine it? An aside, using my phone, I did find my profile and saw my siggy line with the little smiley icons of my family. I think it showed my daughter as DD13!!! She just turned 21. I deleted the sig line since I don't see them on my phone anyway. I also don't know how people use the moving icons on the phone... but maybe you can't. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Ads? Sshhh!!! I haven't seen any ads viewing this on my 🦆🦆▶️ web browser at all. I have an android phone if that makes a difference. And since you mentioned it, this thread being the first time ever that I'm viewing the boards on my phone, I used to only use my laptop, wasn't there a Dis app once upon a time? I don't have it now, my I could swear about 4 or 5 phones ago there was a Dis app with the DIS in white on the navy background. Did I imagine it? An aside, using my phone, I did find my profile and saw my siggy line with the little smiley icons of my family. I think it showed my daughter as DD13!!! She just turned 21. I deleted the sig line since I don't see them on my phone anyway. I also don't know how people use the moving icons on the phone... but maybe you can't. 🤷🏻‍♀️
The app went away when they switched to the current platform the board is on since it’s natively optimized for web. I’ll echo that the ads are super annoying.

I found these boards shortly before 9/11 (but recall it having a big impact on me right after it) It was my favorite place on the internet for a long time. I used to frequent the rumors and news boards the most. I simply wanted to shoutout rteetz. I respected the heck out of what they did on the rumors and news board and it was very much appreciated. Thank you.

(I saw them post on the other site and wanted to send love; hoping they may see it here)

Respect to Sean and Dustin.
Ryan’s here with the goal of not getting itinkso banned 😉 :

Post in thread 'Disappointed'
https://www.disboards.com/threads/disappointed.3926115/post-64959202

I won't be at the DIS DCA west coast event next week due to prior obligations on the east coast. So I'm sending along my warmest hugs, softest tissues, quietest ear and shoulder for the team. Many of you know that I prize our community above all other aspects related the podcast, publications, DIS con / events, etc. Those who've met me, pretty much know my personal feelings on certain leadership styles and personality traits. I still highly value our community, value our important work towards Give Kids the World Village, and value supporting employees navigating very challenging circumstances. The real world connections I've made due to charity meet-ups, con weekends, and chatterati/forum discussions remain strong and exist distinct from leadership. I value you. Separately, I think about Ms. Madeleine. I think about the indirect impacts, as well as the direct. I plan to be guided by the former and current team, as they feel comfortable and able to let us know, how best to make a meaningful, positive difference.

Basically, what I'm saying is, I'm here to help, to listen, to support.

I won't be at the DIS DCA west coast event next week due to prior obligations on the east coast. So I'm sending along my warmest hugs, softest tissues, quietest ear and shoulder for the team. Many of you know that I prize our community above all other aspects related the podcast, publications, DIS con / events, etc. Those who've met me, pretty much know my personal feelings on certain leadership styles and personality traits. I still highly value our community, value our important work towards Give Kids the World Village, and value supporting employees navigating very challenging circumstances. The real world connections I've made due to charity meet-ups, con weekends, and chatterati/forum discussions remain strong and exist distinct from leadership. I value you. Separately, I think about Ms. Madeleine. I think about the indirect impacts, as well as the direct. I plan to be guided by the former and current team, as they feel comfortable and able to let us know, how best to make a meaningful, positive difference.

Basically, what I'm saying is, I'm here to help, to listen, to support.
As you know, I won’t be there either. Really wishing I could be, especially now, but I’ll be in World. Not such a bad alternative. Definitely planning on being at whatever comes next and hoping to see you, as well as a lot of other missed familiar faces, then.

Sending love to everyone today. This really is still a great community. Its just a Charlie Brown Christmas tree right now. Its got good roots and spirit. It just needs support and love ❤️

I've gone around with this poster and decided, it's just not worth wasting anymore of my time on them. Literally Dustin could show up at their house and say none of you knew and they still wouldn't believe him. They comment on everything have nothing to add but judgement. That does not help Dustin, Sean or anyone who has a story to share... or maybe not ready to share.

Looks like you couldn't read my latest comment, like 5 posts above your comment, before posting this. I'd appreciate you not mischaracterizing my intentions, particularly when I have recently posted the exact opposite of what I'm being accused of.

I think now that we have time to process this instead of dwelling on whats happened let’s move forward, heal as a community, stand with @Dustin, and trust that everything is going to work out.

The show is now led by @Teleclashter I think what we should do is give our love support, energy, and dedication behind the person who’s been making the magic happen for years for us.
As someone who has been fortunate to meet the current team I am so hopeful for the future of the Dis. My wife and I were fortunate to be on a backstage tour last summer hosted by Craig & Kylie and they were truly the nicest couple. Whether it’s here at the Dis or somewhere else I will follow Craig,Ryno and the team. Thank you Dustin and Sean for coming forward.

The last thing I'll say, for now... the statement I made and the red flags mentioned are in regard to the story Dustin shared and that relationship. I have not yet commented about the working environment at The DIS and I don't plan on it at this time. I am an employee of Dreams Unlimited Travel and my focus right now is helping out however I can for us to have a positive future and continue making entertaining and helpful content.

What I will say is I am extremely appreciative of the opportunities and support I've been given within this company, the camaraderie I've shared with past and current team members, and the friendships that have developed with the team as well as the listeners and viewers. Every time a team member leaves there is a ton of speculation whether it is announced or it happens quietly. I know that it's confusing and frustrating for many of you in those moments and it paints a picture in a time like this.

I have lost touch with a few of the former team members, but there's not a single one of them that I wouldn't lend a hand or ear to if they needed it. I have always tried my best to support them. They have and continue to do the same for me. I do not have a story like Dustin's, nor do I believe anyone else on our team does, but everyone who has ever worked in the company does share a lot of commonalities. Whether people choose to leave or the choice is made for them, we were all very aware of the same things and the difficulties of working in such an abnormal environment.

I am also happy to share more about the history of the studio and the move if anyone would like to know more but would prefer to keep it separate from this post.
I'm newly registered to Dis Boards, but have been a YT viewer for many many years. I appreciate you coming out and making a statement but saying, "nor do I believe anyone else on our team does" seems to be turning a blind-eye to the overall problem. My suggestion would be to err on the side of caution right now and let things play out. If you were unaware of Dustin's story, you may very well be shocked to hear from others as well. Thanks for all you do. You and Ryno seem to holding down the fort (and that in and of itself is unfair #wheresJohn)

I've been on the DIS for years, but never listened to/watched the podcast, so all of this is news to me.

Many thanks to everyone who pointed me in the direction of more detailed information.

One thing I'd like to say--and I know absolutely none of the people involved and until I started reading this thread I'd never heard of any of them--is that even if you're right in the middle of something, you may have zero idea of what's going on. You might sense something isn't right, but, especially if it's someone you know and trust, you can rationalize everything away with ease and it doesn't feel like rationalization. It feels like you're just being reasonable. That person X may be going through a strange or difficult time and you don't want to interfere.

I know this, unfortunately, from personal experience with my XH.

Looks like you couldn't read my latest comment, like 5 posts above your comment, before posting this. I'd appreciate you not mischaracterizing my intentions, particularly when I have recently posted the exact opposite of what I'm being accused of.
Nope sorry, I refuse. The negativity and the attacks are just obnoxious at this point (and I'm not just taking about you). I did see a rude response to me that you must of deleted...

I commented to what you've said over and over. If you've had a change of heart, that's awesome but I cannot change my responses to you previous judgmental comments because you made the judgements.

We can all decided how we want to respond moving forward. We can be part of the problem dwelling on negativity and judgments or we can contribute to being part of the solution to supporting those who are hurting/struggling. And we all have to decide individually if we are going to be part of The Dis' future, whatever that may look like. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to the last part. It's a personal decision. I for one will look forward to what The Dis will do and plan to support them, especially Craig and Ryno.

This is a new user, but I used to read the boards all the time quite a few years ago although I did not comment often. I think i stopped going on often around the time Charles left the show.

Like others have stated I couldn’t have made it through Covid (and my first round of cancer) without the DISunplugged. It was my comfort place. Also I was desperate for information on whether WDW would be open for my daughter’s birthday trip. I really needed that trip and the DIS helped me stay sane while waiting to see if it would happen.

This news has just made me so sad for everyone. Like others I have seen deterioration in some of the personalities, worried about the reasons for all the exits, didn’t agree with Pete always bringing in people he obviously was dating or wanted to and his snide management style. As everyone else, I could tell Pete’s addictive personality issues were getting worse. However I never thought his abuse of power was at the level it was and that the relationships were not consensual. It makes me so angry at how these young people were manipulated and made to feel. Even those where there was no SA component. In Ryno‘s live chat he was obviously terrified about “getting in trouble”. It just makes me feel ill. I hope Pete is open to getting real help for all his many issues, but I think he won’t feel any of this is his fault.

@Dustin and Sean, thank you for your bravery in coming out and sharing your stories. It’s so fantastic to hear that you’re both doing so well! From the bottom of my heart, I am so sorry this happened to you both.

Years ago I was raped by a well known person in a position of authority. Unfortunately, when I reached out and shared my story, nobody believed me. I fell so alone. I went through a very dark period, but thankfully, I got through it and the sun came out again.

These kinds of stories need to be heard and shared. People who abuse their power and influence should stand accountable for their actions.

We’re survivors.

Nope sorry, I refuse. The negativity and the attacks are just obnoxious at this point (and I'm not just taking about you). I did see a rude response to me that you must of deleted...

I commented to what you've said over and over. If you've had a change of heart, that's awesome but I cannot change my responses to you previous judgmental comments because you made the judgements.

We can all decided how we want to respond moving forward. We can be part of the problem dwelling on negativity and judgments or we can contribute to being part of the solution to supporting those who are hurting/struggling. And we all have to decide individually if we are going to be part of The Dis' future, whatever that may look like. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to the last part. It's a personal decision. I for one will look forward to what The Dis will do and plan to support them, especially Craig and Ryno.

Wow.
Whatever...

He resigned his Mod position and was subsequently banned.
I was so oblivious to all this. I just know one day he was running the rumor board, the next he wasn’t anywhere to be seen. And I wondered what happened, and now I know.

I’m so glad Ryan has found other outlets where he can use his talents. He was so good and informative, and the fact pete basically called him worthless is disgusting, but not surprising given everything else that’s come out

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter