Disboards' Official Horror Film Discussion Thread

I was horrified to discovery that Disney this year remade Under Wraps. Why did they need to remake a movie that was only 24 years ago?
One of my son's classmates is in the original, credited as "Movie Ben". He is the blonde kid in the opening scene. We went to a big viewing party in 1997 when the original came out.

Another Paranormal Activity?? Meh.

I've been hearing so many conflicting reviews about Malignant, but I think the only way to watch it currently is via HBO MAX (which I don't have).

Another Paranormal Activity?? Meh.

I've been hearing so many conflicting reviews about Malignant, but I think the only way to watch it currently is via HBO MAX (which I don't have).
I watched it. It takes some digesting. It's bonkers. It's one of those that you keep thinking about and the more you think the more you like. At least I did.
Somewhere there is another horror movie thread.

Not really horror and I really don't watch horror films but I liked Johnny Depp's Secret Window movie from years ago.

I’ll watch the occasional zombie movie, but otherwise horror isn’t my go-to genre. There is another horror thread, and for not being too crazy about something, I’ve posted in that one too!

Never seen Under Wraps but cool!

Probably won’t watch Malignant.

Liked Secret Window. Is that more psychological thriller than horror?

I saw Thirteen Ghosts is on HBOmax and have almost put that on a couple times now (I’ve seen it before). I liked other movies from that time, like House on Haunted Hill remake.

Most recently, I watched A Quiet Place II. While both are good, I found it less frustrating then the 1st one. Are they considered more sci-fi?

oh and Crimson Peak not too long ago. That just kind of made me mad after watching it that it wasn’t better.

Never watched the Paranormal Activity movies, but I was interested enough to read the summary on Wikipedia before!

I’ll watch the Resident Evil reboot.

I love horror movies. I'll probably watch the new Paranormal Activity movie since I've seen all the others.

I saw Thirteen Ghosts is on HBOmax and have almost put that on a couple times now (I’ve seen it before). I liked other movies from that time, like House on Haunted Hill remake.

Those are fun- saw them in the theater back in the day! I still have Thirteen Ghosts somewhere on DVD.

I loved the ghosts in Thirteen Ghosts, and enjoyed the casting in House, especially Geoffrey Rush. Both of which are remakes of William Castle movies, and they did a great job of going beyond the originals.

I am trying to watch a horror movie or tv special each weekday this month. Some new and some I've watched already. Some serious, some funnier. I don't think I'll watch any of the new ones in the theatre right now (expect maybe the new Halloween)

So far I've seen:
  • Psycho
  • LEGO Star Wars: Terrifying Tales
  • Children of the Corn (the 80's version)
  • Black Swan
Someone mentioned A Quiet Place. I should add that to my list.

I was going to start off my marathon with Silence of the Lambs but then I realized the copy I had was a pan-and-scan DVD :crazy2: So I ordered the 30th Anniversary 4k that is releasing on the 19th

I am trying to watch a horror movie or tv special each weekday this month. Some new and some I've watched already. Some serious, some funnier. I don't think I'll watch any of the new ones in the theatre right now (expect maybe the new Halloween)

So far I've seen:
  • Psycho
  • LEGO Star Wars: Terrifying Tales
  • Children of the Corn (the 80's version)
  • Black Swan
Someone mentioned A Quiet Place. I should add that to my list.

My family and I are watching horror movies all through October. MY dd says November counts too :) We each get a pick on different movie nights. Children of the Corn is on my pick list. I'm trying to get as much of the oldies in for my girls to watch. They wouldn't watch them unless I showed them!!!
So far:
-Magic: Anthony Hopkins in the 70s as a ventriloquist!!! More thriller than horror but I remember it scaring the pants off of me in my early teens!!
-Pumpkin Head: dd's favorite horror movie( besides Dog Solders). Loves Lance Henriksen
-A beast of Bray Road documentary: my other dd's pick. She's more analytical and likes documentaries
-Invasion of the Body Snatchers the 78 version. I forgot how weird the 70's were :)

I think my next pick is going to be Event Horizon. I love Sam Neill.

I think we tend to be more scary monster movie fans than true horror.

oooh. I haven’t seen that trailer, yet. That looks closer to the game with some of the same actual shots from the cut scenes.

I recognized some of the cast too. Guys from CW’s The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. Girl from Ant-man and the Wasp. That one guy from Zombieland Double Tap. Claire was in a Pirates movie.

About to rewatch the trailer!

-Magic: Anthony Hopkins in the 70s as a ventriloquist!!! More thriller than horror but I remember it scaring the pants off of me in my early teens!!
-Pumpkin Head: dd's favorite horror movie( besides Dog Solders). Loves Lance Henriksen
-A beast of Bray Road documentary: my other dd's pick. She's more analytical and likes documentaries
-Invasion of the Body Snatchers the 78 version. I forgot how weird the 70's were :)

I think my next pick is going to be Event Horizon. I love Sam Neill.
Those are all cool, I was just thinking about rewatching Pumpkinhead recently.
I haven't seen the Bray Road one though.

Event Horizon, check it out.
I saw it in the theaters, and while it was very ambitious and had some decent production design, ultimately I couldn't say I liked it.
The premise had promise though.

oooh. I haven’t seen that trailer, yet. That looks closer to the game with some of the same actual shots from the cut scenes.

I recognized some of the cast too. Guys from CW’s The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. Girl from Ant-man and the Wasp. That one guy from Zombieland Double Tap. Claire was in a Pirates movie.

About to rewatch the trailer!
Oh that's where Claire's from, it was bugging me. I agree, it actually looks like they recreated scenes from the first two games. I really didn't care for the Milla RE movies, this new one looks like a big improvement.

BTW, George Romero directed a Resident Evil 2 (Or in this case, Biohazard 2) commercial for the Japanese market :

Oh that's where Claire's from, it was bugging me. I agree, it actually looks like they recreated scenes from the first two games. I really didn't care for the Milla RE movies, this new one looks like a big improvement.

BTW, George Romero directed a Resident Evil 2 (Or in this case, Biohazard 2) commercial for the Japanese market :

Brad Renfro?! Lol. Cool.

I just saw an international edit of the new movie from Reddit. It does look better.

The Milla movies were entertaining enough on their own if I could separate them from the games. They were bigger budget than this new one looks. But I’m excited for something closer to the source material.

I hope Ari Aster comes out with something new soon.

His movies Heredity and Midsomer were 2 of the best horror get in your head flicks I've seen in a long time.

I haven’t attempted those but have heard good things. Afraid they might be TOO disturbing. I do like get in your head movies, though. The ones that had me thinking about them long after watching are Alex Garland movies: Sunshine, Annihilation, Ex Machina. He also did 28 Days Later.

I haven’t attempted those but have heard good things. Afraid they might be TOO disturbing. I do like get in your head movies, though. The ones that had me thinking about them long after watching are Alex Garland movies: Sunshine, Annihilation, Ex Machina. He also did 28 Days Later.
They are both VERY disturbing. Excellent, but incredibly disturbing.

The Milla movies were entertaining enough on their own if I could separate them from the games. They were bigger budget than this new one looks. But I’m excited for something closer to the source material.
True, they're easier to digest once removed from the RE brand. While I haven't played any of the games after RE2, from what I've seen, the newer ones have gotten deeper into more horror and have less of an anime/action-movie style. They're so much grittier and realistic they could resemble movies in their own right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter