Disboards' Official Horror Film Discussion Thread

I hope Ari Aster comes out with something new soon.

His movies Heredity and Midsomer were 2 of the best horror get in your head flicks I've seen in a long time.
I heard things! Heredity at least I would like to see eventually, due to the number of unsettling things that go on.

Just watched that international trailer....that looks even better than the US one. Looking forward to when it comes out even more now.

There's one still on Netflix I saw a year ago, The Ritual. I wasn't blown away but still pleasantly surprised by it.
The Apostle is another, can't recall if it's on Netflix. A period film that's sort of more Mystery with some Horror elements.
Edited to add: Velvet Buzzsaw. I had high hopes, same director and some of the same cast as Nightcrawler, but overall this one felt mediocre. Toni Collette from Hereditary is in it, as is John Malkovich from Bird Box, which was overrated.

Another Old School Hammer Horror fan here. As a little kid I had SUCH a crush on Peter Cushing, and then, BAM, there he was in Star Wars. Made me an instant fan. ETA: I own Taste the Blood of Dracula on DVD in three languages. LOL

More recently there are a lot of great horror flicks coming from Korea and Japan, and I also loved Hereditary. I used to do that little tongue click noise, and had to stop after that movie as it became creepy instead of soothing!

This reminds me of when my friend and I tried to get into see Heavy Metal. We were 16 and you had to be 17. I was a coward so I sent my friend up to get the tickets. They asked if we were 17 and with a big fake smile she said YES....no. Then hung her head in shame and slunk off. We cracked up at ourselves, even then!!!

Sort of a similar story. A friend and I went to see an animated film, American Pop, rated R, back around 1981. We were about 20 and two mid-teen girls approached us and asked if we’d be their “guardians” for two hours.

They gave us the money for their tickets, but the box office lady, a rough older dame who looked like she ate nails for breakfast refused to sell 4 tickets. The two girls had previously tried and she knew we were attempting to buy for them. Then she carded my friend and me to make sure WE were old enough.

This was at a theater in downtown Philly and the box office woman had a clear view of the street outside and probably saw the girls approach others too.

Last edited:
Yesterday's movie: The Scariest Story Ever: A Mickey Mouse Halloween Spooktacular! :P

Friday's movie was the original The Wicker Man. Somebody called it "The Citizen Cane of horror movies". I don't think I'd go that far, but it was pretty good. More nudity and singing than I expected, though.

Friday's movie was the original The Wicker Man. Somebody called it "The Citizen Cane of horror movies". I don't think I'd go that far, but it was pretty good. More nudity and singing than I expected, though.

Haha! I only recently got my husband to watch it. He said the biggest horror was the singing!

Watching the Fear Street Trilogy now. Just finished the second part. It's a fun slasher film series.
Those were great!! Loved them.
I just rewatched the 2020 Invisible Man. Few movies actually scare me. This one does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter