Dismeet in the Smokies 2021! Y'all Come!

Choosing a name for our upcoming trip!

• Dismeet in the Smokies 2021

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Rocky Top Dismeet 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Pigeon Forge Dismeet 2021

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Dosmeet in the Mountains 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dis Mountain Meet 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Country Bear Vacation Hoedown 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And it comes with FREE delivery!
We'll plan on hosting our usual s'mores night on Tuesday evening at 8 for anyone interested. We'll have some special beverages as well.
Donna has a few drinks to show off too. A couple of delicious things we picked up on our Charleston trip last December.

j

Last edited:
@tiggerdad you are tagged to update the activities post. Now that GSMNP threw us a curveball we have adapted and over come. There is quite a bit of change.

sunday june 6 we are planning a group hike. It starts at elkmont and is 5.5 miles with 750 ft of gain. No views but lots of waterfalls. Fairly easy and by my standards easy. We will be taking berts dad on this hike. Am guessing we will leave the campground around 7:30.

Monday June 7 and dismeet day plan is to hike alum cave. It is 4.4 miles but quite a bite of gain. Hoping this works for Madison. Probably leave around 7 or 7:30. This gives us time to get back and cook.

tuesday june 8 go big or go home. If people want views we have them but it’s not easy. Charlie’s bunion, it is almost 9 miles with about 2000 ft of gain. It will be hard but we will help you. Pay off is awesome. Plan to go slow and help people, unless of course no one joins us. Probably leave around 7:30. Expect this to be a 6 hour hike.

wednesday june 9 graveyard trail. We have never done it. It’s about 6 miles with 900 ft of gai. Leave by 8??

thursday June 10 bert and Kris hike.

friday june 11 Abrams falls, cades cove loop, it’s 5.5 miles. That is all I remember.

Will update tonight when I get home.

@Bishoparc logo looks fabulous. i like it.

@tiggerdad i thought you said madison wanted to do alum cave. i am not sure if monday works for you guys but i thought you were going to dollywood on sunday. Regardless anyone can come on those hikes and if no one comes we might change something up.

@Bishoparc logo looks fabulous. i like it.

@tiggerdad i thought you said madison wanted to do alum cave. i am not sure if monday works for you guys but i thought you were going to dollywood on sunday. Regardless anyone can come on those hikes and if no one comes we might change something up.
Yes, she had wanted to do that one. We will be at Dollywood on that Sunday for her BD. We will likely get her a BD cake as well so that Sunday evening/night will have an open invite at our site for ice cream and cake. I'll update that as it gets closer.

Will play other trails by ear. I'm all for it, but my group likes to sleep in so I might be hitching a ride on some of them.

As an update to anyone who was coming/staying down around Chattanooga before/after the DISMeet.

I am a fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad and they have a steam engine that usually operates every day in the summer (Memorial-Labor Day).

However, in checking their ride calendar, steam is only scheduled for Saturdays and Sundays ONLY this year. Diesels will run the other days. I'm disappointed as I was planning to steam up on Friday on my way home from the DISMeet. So I will have to catch it some other time. Didn't want anyone to be surprised/disappointed like me. Riding the train,though, is still fun no matter what the motive power.

Here is their website's page for the local Chattanooga run:

https://www.tvrail.com/train-rides/missionary-ridge-local/

Over on the month's calendar on the right click the day of interest and the weekends will show steam times and weekdays won't.

The whole ride takes only an hour roundtrip. If anyone is still interested in visiting TVRR, check the website and/or I will fill you in while in Pigeon Forge.

Ed

PS - counting the days now .....

am a fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad and they have a steam engine that usually operates every day in the summer (Memorial-Labor Day)

Thanks for this Ed. We are staying at Harrison Bay State Park on Friday night so we should be able to do the 9:30A Steam Train on Saturday morning and still be out by the noon check-out time I would assume. Looks like it's a 20 minute drive from there.

Just got off the phone with the PF Dept of Tourism. Been looking over a variety of State of Tennessee websites namely Dept. of Health and Covid 19 Dashboard for the last few days to determine the current status of Covid 19 restrictions. Those searches reveal very little. My conversation with the representative I spoke with reveals the following:
1 All current CDC Guidelines are being complied with, within the state
2 All private enterprises are free to require masks and/or restrict capacity for themselves
3 At this time there are no restriction of group sizes or composition

Michael While your older daughter is only recently eligible for the vaccine i wouldn't worry too much. I personally plan to ask for the Drivers license and to copy all the info for my lawyer and the HIPPA Lawsuit

I know we got hiking plans going on, and I'll likely join in on at least a few, but we usually have puzzle going on as well. Did we already acknowledge that we have some puzzles being brought?

I like idea of putting puzzle together along the stream. I'm fine hosting this for the days I'm there unless someone else wishes to do so. I have my puzzle board with us.

Yeah the problem with hiking in the smokies is you have to get there early to park. it means our puzzle time would have to be in the afternoon. I am so looking forward to vacation. Plus when i am up on a mountain even work won't be able to reach me.

Yeah the problem with hiking in the smokies is you have to get there early to park. it means our puzzle time would have to be in the afternoon. I am so looking forward to vacation. Plus when i am up on a mountain even work won't be able to reach me.
Oh, true for sure. Plan to have puzzle time morning and evening. Good thing about puzzle board is it can be moved site to site and not mess puzzle up.

We have puzzles in the rig and a big puzzle board like Ed's. We have very limited plans scheduled and some tables and a screen house.

It sounds like we may have several puzzle opportunities going that week.

j

I'll leave my puzzles at home this trip and will enjoy walking over to someone else's site to work on it mornings and evenings.

Although be advised I'm up with the chickens so the morning host doesn't have to sit out there and baby sit me but the board and box should be put outside early and then the host can return to the camper to do hair and makeup (lookin' at you, tiggerdad :magnify:).

Ed

PS - and I am HONESTLY looking forward to Mrs. PaHunter's banana chocolate chip nut bread CHILLED to go with my morning diet Coke(s). <hint, hint> I know, I'm shameless ..... but I don't care. :littleangel:

Although be advised I'm up with the chickens so the morning host doesn't have to sit out there and baby sit me but the board and box should be put outside early and then the host can return to the camper to do hair and makeup (lookin' at you, tiggerdad ...
Michael I suspect what Ed is ever so politely saying to you is
FB_IMG_1590882385259.jpg

Excuse me?

Who do you think wakes the chickens up in the morning? Sitting my camper sipping cup #2 of coffee looking over at Ed's site.

This dude keeps his hair short.

Now, Mrs. Tiggerdad? Entirely different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter