Dismeet in the Smokies 2021! Y'all Come!

Choosing a name for our upcoming trip!

• Dismeet in the Smokies 2021

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Rocky Top Dismeet 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Pigeon Forge Dismeet 2021

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Dosmeet in the Mountains 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dis Mountain Meet 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Country Bear Vacation Hoedown 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Went out this morning and our coach was making noise. It was making a clicking sound. Set the jacks and put the slides out, our propane alarm was going off. Must have been going off all night and the batteries where not doing well.
So I opened the windows, set the fan up and got the alarm to go green. Not sure what set it off, will have to check over the systems tomorrow and see what I find or don't find.

Steps 1 (through 5 or 6 ) done today.

Brakes are on the Explorer. Pool is open, all the outside stuff around the deck and backyard is out for the season.

Still have to change the oil in the RS. I thought I had a filter, but had to run to Walmart for one. That is one of the few things it uses from a regular Focus.

I'll bring the coach home in the morning to start in on it.

20210530_124040.jpg

j

Went out this morning and our coach was making noise. It was making a clicking sound. Set the jacks and put the slides out, our propane alarm was going off. Must have been going off all night and the batteries where not doing well.
So I opened the windows, set the fan up and got the alarm to go green. Not sure what set it off, will have to check over the systems tomorrow and see what I find or don't find.
Chris was it the Propane leak or Carbon Monoxide detector The CO detectors only last about years

Chris was it the Propane leak or Carbon Monoxide detector The CO detectors only last about years
No it was my propane detector, which the dealership was supposed to have put a new one in when we bought it. CO detector I changed when we got it.
It has been hard getting ready for this trip, had been having sleep issues, falling asleep and generally tired. So on Saturday switched back to my old CPAP which is not adaptive, slept ok Saturday, Slept off and on all day yesterday. Slept all night last night and thru the night. Feeling pretty good this morning although I know I am not 100 percent yet, I am feeling better. Glad we broke the trip down in to two, so travel won't be too hard on me.
DW did a lot of loading yesterday, and I will work slowly on my part today.

Working on the coach today. Both fuel filters are changed. New oil and filters. I was a little worried draining 6 gallons of oil. I found a 23 qt drain pan. The filter below holds almost a gallon. I drained the filter into a small pan I had and the rest fit in the big new pan.
20210531_092852.jpg

No leaks anywhere so on to lining the basement storage compartments and putting in the mini fridge.

j

Got done with my weekend projects and put my attention today towards getting the camper ready to go for Pigeon Forge.

I hung a cabinet door that had come off and put sheets on the bed. It looks like the forecast for our DISMeet will be warm with an almost daily chance of 30% for the wet stuff so whatever. But there was one thing I was ready to try.

It's easiest to just show you what I did with the something that was sitting in a box under my computer printer for the last two years.

See the object to the right of the door above the hinge line?

Let me get closer.

Here is a close-up.

Our poster @tigger92662 was probably disappointed in me two years ago when I got this for my home but ended up not using it. So it just sat in the little shipping box gathering dust. I wrote about it here.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-fort-memorabilia.3662034/page-2#post-60706276

The doorbell button is non-functional but it's on the camper now. So we have something new for this trip regarding our little popup.

Joe, I'm glad I FINALLY did something with it.

We arrive in PF on Saturday. Going to lay over at a TVA campground for two nights before arrival.

See ya'll then.

Bama Ed

PS - I'm going to have to coach DW to NOT SLAM THE CAMPER DOOR anymore. Don't want this thing falling off. :sad2:

Last edited:
Got done with my weekend projects and put my attention today towards getting the camper ready to go for Pigeon Forge.

I hung a cabinet door that had come off and put sheets on the bed. It looks like the forecast for our DISMeet will be warm with an almost daily chance of 30% for the wet stuff so whatever. But there was one thing I was ready to try.

It's easiest to just show you what I did with the something that was sitting in a box under my computer printer for the last two years.

See the object to the right of the door above the hinge line?

Let me get closer.

Here is a close-up.

Our poster @tigger92662 was probably disappointed in me two years ago when I got this for my home but ended up not using it. So it just sat in the little shipping box gathering dust. I wrote about it here.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-fort-memorabilia.3662034/page-2#post-60706276

The doorbell button is non-functional but it's on the camper now. So we have something new for this trip regarding our little popup.

Joe, I'm glad I FINALLY did something with it.

We arrive in PF on Saturday. Going to lay over at a TVA campground for two nights before arrival.

See ya'll then.

Bama Ed

PS - I'm going to have to coach DW to NOT SLAM THE CAMPER DOOR anymore. Don't want this thing falling off. :sad2:

Our man likes to live dangerously. "Women do not like being told they are doing something wrong."

Our man likes to live dangerously. "Women do not like being told they are doing something wrong."

Nah. Dude, you're not doing it right. Let me 'splain. :teacher:

You don't make it well into your 4th decade of marriage (and 5th decade of a relationship) with the same wonderful person without learning a few valuable lessons along the way. You're attempting to stir the pot but it failed out of the starting gate and got trampled on by all the other horses who know better. To wit:

"... do not like being told ...." - revisit my post - not the words I used. You purposely misquoted me. :sad2: Hello CNN. :rolleyes:

" ... they are doing something wrong ... " - it hadn't been wrong becuz the doorbell hasn't been there until tonight. :rotfl2:

Notice the verb I used (do they still teach you youngsters the King's English like noun/verb and subject/predicate?) It was "coach":

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/coach

verb (used with object)
to give instruction or advice to in the capacity of a coach; instruct: She has coached the present tennis champion.

Giving advice as I suggested sounds so much better than ordering your spouse around as you suggested.

I can make myself available for private counseling at my hourly rates if you wish to take advantage of your good fortune of being in Pigeon Forge at the same time as I am.

Seriously, will be glad to see you and DW again.

Ed

PS - and everyone who clicks "Like" will "only" be charged double for counseling....

Last edited:
It looks like the forecast for our DISMeet will be warm with an almost daily chance of 30% for the wet stuff so whatever.
Sounds like Florida weather. Hot with a chance of rain every afternoon. I'm good either way.

j

Sounds like Florida weather. Hot with a chance of rain every afternoon. I'm good either way.

j
Rain is good if you are hiking to waterfalls.

Aside from packing clothes and food we are ready to go. I work clinic tomorrow then done. I need to finish one more field of bushogging here on the Ponderosa and that'll have it all wrapped up. I might go out there tomorrow night and finish it up. I got a bit sunburn today running tractor.

A few folks up that way I've talked to said it was busier than usual right now. Long lines and waits at restaurants. I think I'm going to pack in some extra frozen hamburger and chicken just in case we need to do some extra meals at the camper.

A few folks up that way I've talked to said it was busier than usual right now. Long lines and waits at restaurants
When we were there for my birthday, we never did get into a restaurant except for Corky's BBQ right before they closed. Pretty much every restaurant was an hour or two wait.

I think for this trip, it's mostly going to be a rest and relax by the stream kind of trip for us. Just looking forward to spending some time with our DIS family. We're bringing board games and stuff so y'all feel free to stop by ole site 61 anytime.

When we were there for my birthday, we never did get into a restaurant except for Corky's BBQ right before they closed. Pretty much every restaurant was an hour or two wait.

So in other words it's just like summer in Destin for the last 30 years? Gotcha.

Ed

PS - guess that means Hwy 321 in PF/Gat is just like Hwy 98 in Destin too, huh? :rolleyes:

We had a pretty productive day. I ran 6.5 miles. Had a good run, soleus was great, knee is feeling better and the weather was superb for atlanta. Then it was cleaning the bathrooms while bert made brunch, pancakes and bacon. Next was some packing by me for PF and packing of the condo. Then more cooking. Prepared a casserole to eat after hiking. Wanted a few easy meals if needed. Then I did some shredding and more packing for PF. Next we changed one bandage on Mallory then bert made dinner. After dinner I cleaned the kitchen. Took Mallory for a walk, then changed another bandage for her. Bert talked to his dad and I did laundry. I am in bed now. Two days of work and hoping tomorrow is quiet.

I will say my skin hurt by the end of the night (on my knee where I fell). Wrapped it back up.

Washed my car this morning to get all that Illinois DISMeet dirt off to make room for all the Tennesee DISMeet dirt I'll probably pick up.

Gonna load up tomorrow. I'm sort of laying things out today.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter