**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

So... I am one of the people who has been aggravated with all the shortentened park days to add on paid edvents but I am strongly concidering adding the magic kingdom after hours to our trip for September 5th.

I had picked this week, Aug 30th - September 6th to do food & wine (a surprise birthday trip) lighter crowds and to avoid the craziness of GE. That plan went to hell in a hand basket when Disney announced GE was opening early.

I feel like such a hypocrite and don't want to hand disney another $200+ for 3 hours in the park but the low crowds is very tempting. I am very worried about the crowd levels due to galaxy's edge opening the same week. Decisions decisions...

No one here will judge you or think you’re a hypocrite!

We went to Disney just a couple weeks ago, also during a somewhat "low" crowd time and we were STILL really glad we bought tickets to DAH! My point is, even with lower crowds I would recommend it. If you happen to go during a time with higher crowds (even if that wasn't YOUR plan), I really cannot recommend it enough. Especially when you consider the heat of September! Touring at night without the sun beating down on you is worth serious money, especially when you are doing so with such low crowds as attend DAH.
Great advise. Thank you!! I have been pondering it all day and I think I am going to go for it. At the end of the day, I think it will be worth it.

This observation/topic comes up from time to time. It often gets discussed with MNSSHP and MVMCP where you see the same thing.

People have long tried to establish if those ticket numbers actually mean anything. Usually when this comes up, you get a few reports where the ticket number meaning anything seems plausible and seems to provide clues, but then you get some that don’t seem to make much sense or don’t fit the pattern at all.

So it’s interesting to watch, but I’d be a tad cautious of reading into exactly what it means unless a long-term fact pattern can be established.

Thank you. I havent been on MNSSHP or MVMCP threads in over ten years I believe so hadnt seen it mentioned. Looks lime there are a few on these last two pages that, like I am, going September 5.

We loved the event in January 2019.

I called the other day and bought tickets online, but never received an email. They told me I needed to pick up my tickets at will call. Do I need to be concerned that I didn’t get an email?

Thank you. I havent been on MNSSHP or MVMCP threads in over ten years I believe so hadnt seen it mentioned. Looks lime there are a few on these last two pages that, like I am, going September 5.

I will be at the September 5th one as well :)

But I am a little worried that Disney is planning on increasing the number of tickets they sell to DAH because of the anticipated crowds.

We just need them do do something for Epcot.

I want an Epcot DAH event so bad! I don’t know if Disney thinks there aren’t enough rides in that park to justify one or what. But I keep holding out hope that it happens one day (preferably during my trip lol).

I called the other day and bought tickets online, but never received an email. They told me I needed to pick up my tickets at will call. Do I need to be concerned that I didn’t get an email?

Just to clarify, you bought tickets by phone or online? That detail determines what to do.

Just to clarify, you bought tickets by phone or online? That detail determines what to do.
I'm wondering about this as well. I assumed that buying online and being told to pick up at will call would make it work like my AP purchase- that we have to go to GR when we arrive and have it activated? Both the AP and the DAH tickets show up in my MDE account, and I did receive an email with a barcode for both. Am I correct in thinking I need to go to GR and activate both once we arrive?

I'm wondering about this as well. I assumed that buying online and being told to pick up at will call would make it work like my AP purchase- that we have to go to GR when we arrive and have it activated? Both the AP and the DAH tickets show up in my MDE account, and I did receive an email with a barcode for both. Am I correct in thinking I need to go to GR and activate both once we arrive?

The website language is confusing, but given what you describe (you bought online, the DAH tickets show up on your MDE account), you don't need to do anything. Unless you don't have a MagicBand and would need a physical hard ticket to actually enter, you're all good. Show up, scan your MB at the designated event entrances/tapstyles, and enjoy!

The website language is confusing, but given what you describe (you bought online, the DAH tickets show up on your MDE account), you don't need to do anything. Unless you don't have a MagicBand and would need a physical hard ticket to actually enter, you're all good. Show up, scan your MB at the designated event entrances/tapstyles, and enjoy!
VERY confusing. I would have thought it was another thing to be activated- this is much easier! Thank you for clarifying!

Hi All, Long time Disney vet but first time at Villians DAH. I have a question about using 3 FPs prior to this event. I read on the first page the information I am copying below about FP-so am I correct that we can book three FP's for the three hours prior to the DAH event (from 7-10 pm) AND can book FP's for the three other days that we have park tickets? (We have a three day park hopper and the DAH ticket). What do I do if I receive the warning, as described below? I certainly do not want to lose my last day of fast passes-will this warning come the day before, month before, when I book the FPs at 60 days out, etc? Do I do anything to ensure I do not lose the last day of fast passes? Thank you!

FPs with a DAH Ticket
  • FPs are not available during the DAH event, all rides are standby only.
  • DAH tickets will allow for FP booking during regular park hours before the event starts, so - if you have no other FPs booked that day - one could book FPs with a DAH ticket during the regular park hours before the event.
  • HOWEVER, there can be issues when doing this, as has been happening for some people with MNSSHP and MVMCP events since 2017. Booking FPs with DAH tickets in combination with certain trip details/configurations can potentially cause Disney's system to flag your account for insufficient ticket entitlements and you will receive a warning that your last day of FPs will be cancelled if you do not address the problem.
  • Who and exactly why people get this warning remains elusive.
  • Bottom line - if you choose to book FPs with your DAH ticket entitlement and you have FPs booked on other days with regular park admission - you have some potential risk of receiving this warning... so keep an eye out.

Hi All, Long time Disney vet but first time at Villians DAH. I have a question about using 3 FPs prior to this event. I read on the first page the information I am copying below about FP-so am I correct that we can book three FP's for the three hours prior to the DAH event (from 7-10 pm) AND can book FP's for the three other days that we have park tickets? (We have a three day park hopper and the DAH ticket). What do I do if I receive the warning, as described below? I certainly do not want to lose my last day of fast passes-will this warning come the day before, month before, when I book the FPs at 60 days out, etc? Do I do anything to ensure I do not lose the last day of fast passes? Thank you!

FPs with a DAH Ticket
  • FPs are not available during the DAH event, all rides are standby only.
  • DAH tickets will allow for FP booking during regular park hours before the event starts, so - if you have no other FPs booked that day - one could book FPs with a DAH ticket during the regular park hours before the event.
  • HOWEVER, there can be issues when doing this, as has been happening for some people with MNSSHP and MVMCP events since 2017. Booking FPs with DAH tickets in combination with certain trip details/configurations can potentially cause Disney's system to flag your account for insufficient ticket entitlements and you will receive a warning that your last day of FPs will be cancelled if you do not address the problem.
  • Who and exactly why people get this warning remains elusive.
  • Bottom line - if you choose to book FPs with your DAH ticket entitlement and you have FPs booked on other days with regular park admission - you have some potential risk of receiving this warning... so keep an eye out.

The good news is I haven’t seen a report of a warning in awhile. MDE does strange things for unknown reasons. All that text above is more or less a disclaimer that things ‘can’ happen so just be aware.

When the email may come is not exact, but generally in the weeks leading up to your trip.

People have elaborate theories about the order you should book, don’t call to make any reservation changes, etc, but to me there’s just not enough info out there to know for sure and make definitive statements about it.

I wouldn’t worry much about it though, just be aware.

Hope that helps.

In a really wild turn of events we got on Small World at 10:30 tonight (5/30)
Right as we were about to enter the goodbye room the ride stopped. At 11:15. Still here. We are getting evacuated. Somehow. Will need a bridge or something to get from the boat to the side. We are still in the Blue room. Thankfully the turned the music off. Finally. It's going to be over an hour on here by the time we get off. I don't complain much and I fully realize this was out of their control but we may need to get something back for missing so much.

It was about 70 min when we got taken off.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter