• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Here’s our final report for 3/21:
We got in about 7:05 through event line, no wait and got our wristbands.

Tink was at 15 minutes so we went to meet her.

We had a dessert party and fireworks so we did the pre-party and then watched HEA from the plaza viewing. We had picked up a Peter Pan FP earlier today that was good from 8:25-9:25, they let us on at 9:40. Rode that, then used a fast pass to meet Tiana and Rapunzel, which took us to 10:05 and the official start of DAH.

We started by walking to HM.
HM was walk on at 10:10. Off at 10:22. Back on again!

Snack break; no line! Frozen banana and Olaf bar and coke

From there to Pirates; walk on. Almost had empty boat but a group joined at the last second.

Walked over to thunder mountain; in line at 11. Wait posted at 20 min, was 13. Rode front row for the first time and it was the worst.

Snack break for an ice cream sandwich. Back in line! Posted 15. Waited 10.

Rode back row, much more fun.

Walked to Main Street. Empty street photos. Walked up to mickey and Minnie, walk in to meet immediately.

Space x2 Walk on, but had to go all the way out. First time pink track. Second time we got to pick, so we took green, for variety.

Then, we were allowed to use re-ride line. Green again but the LIGHTS WERE ON. Ahhhh. Space mountain with the lights on is terrifying.

Met Ariel in her grotto.

Carousel- almost empty.

Winnie the Pooh, we were the only ones on the ride and the last people on for the night.

One last mickey bar and sandwich at 1:05 and then walked out to the bus, which was waiting for us.

It was an absolutely amazing night! PP did have weird times fluctuations and seven dwarves was down for a while, so we just opted to ride with our FP tomorrow—I imagine it was really frustrating if that was your main goal, but it wasn’t ours, and we had an amazing time. Got more done in 3 hours than we have in two full park days!
The front for btmr is terrible! We avoid it like the plague

So far, everything has been a walk on except a 10 minute wait at space. We’ve done space, buzz, pirates(own boat), jungle cruise(own boat), magic carpets, Astro orbiter.
We also did haunted mansion, splash & big thunder with a Fastpass earlier.
Also did teacups, Pooh, small world, Peter Pan(5 min wait) & little mermaid.
SDMT was down most of the night & was 30 min when it finally opened so we skipped it. Had a great night & would definitely recommend!

Tonight was pretty amazing. Except for the 7dmt. That stunk. But everything else was basically a walk on with a 15 minute wait for btmr and the weather was perfection!! The CMs at the snack stands were very friendly.

It was well worth the $95 pp. nothing more magical then my 6 year old getting the exact horse she wants on the carousel and getting to keep it as long as she wanted to ride. Or skipping up to HM for a walk on. Gah. I want to go back.

I’d never ridden it before! It was the absolute worst! As soon as anything exciting was about to happen it slowed down! Ugh. It’s on our “never again” list for sure!
Yeah you have to wait for the rest of the train to catch up after going down a hill. It’s so bad. It’s funny though because the front on rnrc and ee are awesome

Tonight was pretty amazing. Except for the 7dmt. That stunk. But everything else was basically a walk on with a 15 minute wait for btmr and the weather was perfection!! The CMs at the snack stands were very friendly.

It was well worth the $95 pp. nothing more magical then my 6 year old getting the exact horse she wants on the carousel and getting to keep it as long as she wanted to ride. Or skipping up to HM for a walk on. Gah. I want to go back.
Aw that’s cute about the carousel. I love that dah allows people to be flexible and spend the night how they want. If Dh and I want to go around on people mover over and over we can because there’s no line

Here’s our final report for 3/21:
We got in about 7:05 through event line, no wait and got our wristbands.

Tink was at 15 minutes so we went to meet her.

We had a dessert party and fireworks so we did the pre-party and then watched HEA from the plaza viewing. We had picked up a Peter Pan FP earlier today that was good from 8:25-9:25, they let us on at 9:40. Rode that, then used a fast pass to meet Tiana and Rapunzel, which took us to 10:05 and the official start of DAH.

We started by walking to HM.
HM was walk on at 10:10. Off at 10:22. Back on again!

Snack break; no line! Frozen banana and Olaf bar and coke

From there to Pirates; walk on. Almost had empty boat but a group joined at the last second.

Walked over to thunder mountain; in line at 11. Wait posted at 20 min, was 13. Rode front row for the first time and it was the worst.

Snack break for an ice cream sandwich. Back in line! Posted 15. Waited 10.

Rode back row, much more fun.

Walked to Main Street. Empty street photos. Walked up to mickey and Minnie, walk in to meet immediately.

Space x2 Walk on, but had to go all the way out. First time pink track. Second time we got to pick, so we took green, for variety.

Then, we were allowed to use re-ride line. Green again but the LIGHTS WERE ON. Ahhhh. Space mountain with the lights on is terrifying.

Met Ariel in her grotto.

Carousel- almost empty.

Winnie the Pooh, we were the only ones on the ride and the last people on for the night.

One last mickey bar and sandwich at 1:05 and then walked out to the bus, which was waiting for us.

It was an absolutely amazing night! PP did have weird times fluctuations and seven dwarves was down for a while, so we just opted to ride with our FP tomorrow—I imagine it was really frustrating if that was your main goal, but it wasn’t ours, and we had an amazing time. Got more done in 3 hours than we have in two full park days!

Also did teacups, Pooh, small world, Peter Pan(5 min wait) & little mermaid.
SDMT was down most of the night & was 30 min when it finally opened so we skipped it. Had a great night & would definitely recommend!

Thank you all for reporting back! I’m glad that you had a great evening!

May I ask why? And when you say the front do you mean the very first car or the first few cars?

I’m not that OP, but riding it last night after every. Single. Hill. The front hit the breaks so you never had any real speed and mostly just felt like the train kept stopping for the rest of it to catch up. I’ve ridden in the rows a little further back and it’s been a blast? So I think it’s maybe just the first row or the first three rows.

Our report from last night...

Got to gates at 625 and we entered right away with no line.

Before the actual event, we did Laugh Floor, Minnie and Mickey meet (FP), BTMT (FP), Haunted Mansion, It’s a Small World, and Magic Carpets twice. We did not watch the fireworks since we saw the show twice this week.

We started in adventureland at 10. From 10-1 we did Carpets twice, Pirates, BTMT, the Rapunzel lantern photo, Winnie the Pooh, Space Mtn, Astro Orbiters, Dumbo twice, Barnstormer twice, SDMT, Journey Under the Sea, and Carousel three times. We hire the snack carts three times. The app times were all messed up—everything was 0-15 min except for SDMT

Overall it was great except for SDMT being down until 1130ish and having a 30 min wait. We had been hoping to get 2-3 rides on it but only did one with that wait. We did Dumbo/Barnstormer/Under the Sea starting at 1235 am and we were alone on the rides and didnt even get off to take another turn! It was a strange feeling! We did the last carousel ride of the night with two other people. If nothing else, it is worth the price to have moments like that... And our 5 year old didn’t pass out until the stroller ride out

We were there last night. Got to main gate at 8:00. When we arrived at parking (about 7:20) they waived us through without charging, so that was $25 back in our pockets.

We noticed that posted wait times were consistently inflated. Did BTMR twice with posted wait times of 20 minutes but actual wait time of 10 minutes each time. Did 7DMT twice with posted wait of 30 minutes but actual wait of 20 minutes each time. Many others had posted waits of 10-15 minutes (or more!) but were walk ons or less than 5 minutes. So don’t rely too much on what they have posted or be discouraged from riding something because of a posted wait time.

Our report from last night...

Got to gates at 625 and we entered right away with no line.

Before the actual event, we did Laugh Floor, Minnie and Mickey meet (FP), BTMT (FP), Haunted Mansion, It’s a Small World, and Magic Carpets twice. We did not watch the fireworks since we saw the show twice this week.

We started in adventureland at 10. From 10-1 we did Carpets twice, Pirates, BTMT, the Rapunzel lantern photo, Winnie the Pooh, Space Mtn, Astro Orbiters, Dumbo twice, Barnstormer twice, SDMT, Journey Under the Sea, and Carousel three times. We hire the snack carts three times. The app times were all messed up—everything was 0-15 min except for SDMT

Overall it was great except for SDMT being down until 1130ish and having a 30 min wait. We had been hoping to get 2-3 rides on it but only did one with that wait. We did Dumbo/Barnstormer/Under the Sea starting at 1235 am and we were alone on the rides and didnt even get off to take another turn! It was a strange feeling! We did the last carousel ride of the night with two other people. If nothing else, it is worth the price to have moments like that... And our 5 year old didn’t pass out until the stroller ride out

That sounds amazing! I especially appreciate the comment about the app times. It's too bad SDMT was closed at first, I see it spent some time down during EMH this morning as well. Thanks for the report!

I’m not that OP, but riding it last night after every. Single. Hill. The front hit the breaks so you never had any real speed and mostly just felt like the train kept stopping for the rest of it to catch up. I’ve ridden in the rows a little further back and it’s been a blast? So I think it’s maybe just the first row or the first three rows.

Thank you! My son and I will be sure and ask for the middle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter