**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I am encouraged to see that they may be opening up some dates for at least MK and AK. It's odd because I was checking MDE last night and they had this "Spotlight" feature which I don't think I've ever noticed before. It mentioned the DAH at AK and that's where I saw the first glimpse of them possibly extending the AH events. Of course, all of the kind folks on this thread had already posted about it by the time I got around to checking :). As an aside, I find it totally odd the way Disney updates their website. I am not an IT person so I don't pretend to know how this all works but I find it weird that they make a little change here and then a few hours later they make a change there and then one or two days later they start to release more details and then eventually whatever it is becomes bookable/or calendars are finalized. You'd think there would be a way that they could update all pages/calendars required for a certain 'event' and then have everything go live at the same time. Again, I'm not an IT person but I feel like in this day and age, that should be a possibility if that makes any sense.

Any thoughts on how much of a benefit this would be in August (if they have them)? First thing that comes to mind is that it will be at night and out of the sun... Since we are there for 9 nights, for us this would likely just be an added bonus for re-riding with very low crowds which is still very appealing.

Any thoughts on how much of a benefit this would be in August (if they have them)? First thing that comes to mind is that it will be at night and out of the sun... Since we are there for 9 nights, for us this would likely just be an added bonus for re-riding with very low crowds which is still very appealing.

I'd say an EXTREMELY nice added bonus! Sure, you're paying $100/person so for some it may not make financial sense -but when added into the cost of the entire vacation ...what the heck. I did it once and I'm sold.

Now I'm wondering how long we'll have to wait before they either "fix" the app so it says "through April" again or add those elusive May dates. I sure hope it happens today! Is there any precedent for them adding dates for events like this over a weekend?

Please Disney put up dates for July's DAH:love:. It was the best $100 we spent when we attended the HS DAH.

We will buy all of them if they're offered in the dead of the summer
pixiedust:
Liz:rose:

We had a great night, would do it again in a heartbeat!! We rode Pirates, Splash, BTMR, Haunted, PP, Barnstormer, Astro, met Ariel and finished up with 7 Dwarf.
The wait times were not accurate on the app. PP was listed as 45 minutes but really was only 5 minutes!
Snacks were everywhere and take as much as you want.
Someone mentioned no charge for parking, we got a stroller at no charge.

We had a great night, would do it again in a heartbeat!! We rode Pirates, Splash, BTMR, Haunted, PP, Barnstormer, Astro, met Ariel and finished up with 7 Dwarf.
The wait times were not accurate on the app. PP was listed as 45 minutes but really was only 5 minutes!

Sounds awesome. We are going 3/28/19. What kinda of snacks? I heard popcorn & ice cream? DH hates chocolate so I hope there are choices for him

Sounds awesome. We are going 3/28/19. What kinda of snacks? I heard popcorn & ice cream? DH hates chocolate so I hope there are choices for him

I know there are frozen strawberry bars at some locations. My dh also avoids chocolate, so I asked earlier in the thread. I think all the other frozen treats have chocolate.

My biggest gripe about 3/7 (other than one side running for BTMR) was it was a little chilly for strawberry bars. I’m not into Mickey Bars and similar, but I could eat a strawberry bar in between every ride!

That is one of the best parts about a summer DAH vs the winter ones - better ice cream weather!

Thank you to everyone for posting that MDE did not have the correct wait times last night. We are going 3/28 and I'll be sure to only really use MDE to check for ride closures. Gosh, no packed park, no constantly needing to check MDE. It's like the good old days. I can't wait!!:rotfl2:

Last edited:
My biggest gripe about 3/7 (other than one side running for BTMR) was it was a little chilly for strawberry bars. I’m not into Mickey Bars and similar, but I could eat a strawberry bar in between every ride!

That is one of the best parts about a summer DAH vs the winter ones - better ice cream weather!

Don't let the cold bother you ...the sugar in the ice cream actually WARMS you! So they say. I went in December and I believe it hit 34 that night ..even cold for a New Englander. Try looking for a pair of men's gloves on property!

Thank you to everyone for posting that MDE did not have the correct wait times last night. We are going 3/28 and I'll be sure to only really use MDE to check for rider closures. Gosh no packed park no constantly needing to check MDE. It's like the good old day. I can't wait!!:rotfl2:

See ya there!!! :stitch::mickeyjum:goofy::dumbo::donald:

Thank you to everyone for posting that MDE did not have the correct wait times last night. We are going 3/28 and I'll be sure to only really use MDE to check for rider closures. Gosh no packed park no constantly needing to check MDE. It's like the good old day. I can't wait!!:rotfl2:

Heck ...is MDE ever correct??? I don't even use it for wait times --Lines is my go to app for wait times.

I can't figure out how to post an ss but in the app it says MK DAH is select dates March to May 2019 and AK DAH is select dates March to June 2019.

Has anyone been able to book these yet? When I go to the website it still only has to April.

No one has been able to book anything new yet because dates aren't really showing up. There are some screenshots of the MDE app on the thread from the last couple pages.

May I ask why? And when you say the front do you mean the very first car or the first few cars?
I know a PP already answered but there is literally no thrill sitting in the first 3-4 rows. You basically wait at the bottom of every hill for the rest of the train to go up the hill. It’s just not a fun experience. I think it’s because the hills aren’t very large.

I know a PP already answered but there is literally no thrill sitting in the first 3-4 rows. You basically wait at the bottom of every hill for the rest of the train to go up the hill. It’s just not a fun experience. I think it’s because the hills aren’t very large.

Thanks for this! To be safe, I think I will ask if my son and I can sit to the far back instead of the middle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter