Disney cruising Down Under?

The Disney Cruise website is back up, however if you want to pay in AUD I would suggest using Cruise Guru which is part of Qantas. They guarantee the price in AUD dollar at the time of booking, right up to final payment date: https://www.cruiseguru.com.au/
I booked through Dreams Unlimited on Wednesday, but decided to book my parents and did this via Cruise Guru yesterday morning, before everything shut down due to the hurricane. Good luck everyone.

Did you guys manger to get the cruise you wanted? We have but my friend and sister in law didn't.
Do you really think it sold out or it's just a glitch?

Did you guys manger to get the cruise you wanted? We have but my friend and sister in law didn't.
I am not to sure on this.

What was the booking process do you pay a deposit then and there or do you have a few days to pay the deposit? I am hoping that those who booked with a travel agent have a few days to make the deposit and then might change their minds and the rooms free up.

I’ve checked the sailing dates for both Sydney/Melb ports a few times since Thursday and it looks like a couple of them may have sold out, but then I see some rooms pop back up again too

With bookings on hold being cancelled here and there it’ll fluctuate over the weekend, I was able to book the cruise and category I wanted but my MIL didn’t because the price went up for her, so she booked a different cruise but canceled it anyway lol :sad2:
In a FB group there were a lot people who had double bookings made as well

I'm on the boat!!

Just made my booking today by myself on disney cruise site.

Been trying since Thursday when I thought they went on sale at 11.00am NZ time. I was dealing with a travel agent who i put an epression of interst in with. However they never told me it changed the opening time or tried to book it for me.

I emailed/called the travel agent after trying most of the morning on Thursday and left it up to them. They rung back Friday morning to say they are still trying and never heard anything back from them.

I was trying on and off ALL weekend (disney site/cruise guru) and today on and off. Some would show up but then no availaibity of staterooms then none would show up for my search dates.

I said to myself as I was about to have lunch this is my last time trying and if it doesn't work then it is not meant to be.

Well what do you know I got the cruise I wanted and was able to choose a room and it went through to payment. It has all processed and email confirmation recieved.

I have rung the travel agent to tell her to not worry about booking for me as i was able to get my own just now and to go ahead and look for other people on her list. "Oh I haven't looked since first thing this morning I will go and look now" she said.

I've booked myself into the first 4 night cruise out of Sydney 😊 I'm a bit excited, but my kids are not going to be happy with me at all 😅

I've booked myself into the first 4 night cruise out of Sydney 😊 I'm a bit excited, but my kids are not going to be happy with me at all 😅
We're happy for you if that helps! :rotfl:
I realised that I booked the very last Sydney cruise before it goes back stateside, so I get to impatiently watch how everyone's experiences are hahah 🥲

I realised that I booked the very last Sydney cruise before it goes back stateside, so I get to impatiently watch how everyone's experiences are hahah 🥲
Part of me is happy that I waited this long to book, because it means I only have to wait 145 days instead of over a year if I'd booked as soon as they went up for sale 🤣

At least being on the last Sydney cruise you will know what to expect by then.

There are so many unknowns for the first cruise and it's killing me. I do know there will definitely be a Pirate night and something else each night, however no sail away party and ship horn on departure :sad1:

At least being on the last Sydney cruise you will know what to expect by then.

There are so many unknowns for the first cruise and it's killing me. I do know there will definitely be a Pirate night and something else each night, however no sail away party and ship horn on departure :sad1:
Where did you hear there wouldn't be a sail away party??? That was something I was really looking forward to 🥺

Where did you hear there wouldn't be a sail away party??? That was something I was really looking forward to 🥺
It's something to do with sound regulations that cruise ships have to abide by when in the Harbour for environmental protection. I guess a bit like when we were in Alaska there were certain times they were unable to use funnel vision and the outside PA system to protect the environment. Cruise ships can make noise once they have left the area so maybe the usual order of embarkation day events on board just needs to change i.e. do it later.

It's something to do with sound regulations that cruise ships have to abide by when in the Harbour for environmental protection. I guess a bit like when we were in Alaska there were certain times they were unable to use funnel vision and the outside PA system to protect the environment. Cruise ships can make noise once they have left the area so maybe the usual order of embarkation day events on board just needs to change i.e. do it later.
But Cruise Ships always use their horns in Sydney Harbour? That's how they call people back to the ship and all cruise ships use the horn upon departure.

Who said there wouldn't be a Sailing Away Party? Other Cruise Ships have Sailing Away Parties on their decks from Sydney all the time?

I think one of the big problems is Disney is not providing any clear information as to what entertainment is going to be on the cruises. It has provided some but I think there needs to be more. Things that some cruisers have been assuming will be happening have not be mentioned which makes people confused. The first cruise is about 3 months away and naturally people are very interested in what will be happening. You have a situation in which you have 3 types of cruiser’s especially on the first few cruises. Media who they want to impress, experienced Disney cruises who have expectations as to what will be available and new cruisers. Personally being on the first cruise and an experienced Disney cruiser I was assuming with the cruise occurring over Halloween that would mean that it would be very similar to the Halloween themed cruises in the states. The information that I am reading now is that will not be happening. Personally I would like some clarity.

I think one of the big problems is Disney is not providing any clear information as to what entertainment is going to be on the cruises. It has provided some but I think there needs to be more. Things that some cruisers have been assuming will be happening have not be mentioned which makes people confused. The first cruise is about 3 months away and naturally people are very interested in what will be happening. You have a situation in which you have 3 types of cruiser’s especially on the first few cruises. Media who they want to impress, experienced Disney cruises who have expectations as to what will be available and new cruisers. Personally being on the first cruise and an experienced Disney cruiser I was assuming with the cruise occurring over Halloween that would mean that it would be very similar to the Halloween themed cruises in the states. The information that I am reading now is that will not be happening. Personally I would like some clarity.
As far as I'm aware, there will be no Halloween entertainment onboard. Apparently Disney have said there is no room to store the Halloween decor and costumes. I can understand this too as really, there is only a single cruise that takes place before and on Halloween which is the first one. But I've also heard there will be no Christmas decor either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter