Disney Genie announcement

New here, planning a Disney week in December with my husband and 3 young kids. Got everything purchased already so I have a question about Genie+ that I couldn’t really find a clear answer to reading back a few pages of your board here… so I’m sorry if there is already an answer buried somewhere here.

Can we purchase genie+ now for our December trip?

We are going in November and one of my family members called and got it added to all 3 of our tickets got through very quickly I was stunned.

So if your first lightning lane is 6pm, we can't get another one until after you used that one??

I’m very curious to see ROTR standby wait times today. IMO they’ve been very reasonable (even 10-1 through 10-7) since the switchover.
This is what I’m curious to see as well. And I’ll throw in wanting to see the times for MMRR, FoP, 7D, and Whatever Epcot rides (I forget what they are right now)

Are you saying this because you confirmed it? Because the language on the app loading screen indicated otherwise. I recognize this is what was reported prior to launch. But we don’t have confirmation yet as near as i can tell.
I did not confirm......

Can someone confirm this?

Had Park Hopper tickets bought from a 3rd party discounter, and linked to MDE. On my desktop, I was able to modify the tickets and add G+. After tax the price was $479 which is 3 people, 10-days. It didn't crash.

Getting up 7:00am everyday of your " vacation "

What a great experience and way to completely stress out the experience and trip even more

Who needs sleep and sanity right?

For something everyone hates, there sure are ALOT of people buying it. Disney is right. We are the suckers ;/

not everyone hates it. I do not hate it. So far I like it.

So just like fast pass you can ride whatever else you want but can’t book another ride during that time you have slinky dog dash?

No - sorry. Because I booked a LL selection with Genie + , I can’t book a second one right now. Which I knew, it says you can only have one a at a time. However, looks like I can reserve another Genie + reservation before my ride time — ride time at 12:45, next option to book a reservation at 11am. So if you have a late reservation selection, it does seem to be the case that you don’t have to wait to ride before you reserve another, ie it doesn’t tie up the whole day.

Whether my next selection can overlap SDD, I don’t yet know.

No - sorry. Because I booked a LL selection with Genie + , I can’t book a second one right now. Which I knew, it says you can only have one a at a time. However, looks like I can reserve another Genie + reservation before my ride time — ride time at 12:45, next option to book a reservation at 11am. So if you have a late reservation selection, it does seem to be the case that you don’t have to wait to ride before you reserve another, ie it doesn’t tie up the whole day.

Whether my next selection can overlap SDD, I don’t yet know.
Ahhhh ok. Keep us posted on the SDD situation.

Can someone please clarify....It has been asked several times but nobody has answered as far as i can tell...

For resort guests:

1) When you went to purchase IAS (ROTR or MMRR........SDMT or SPace Mtn...........FOP or Everest..........Frozen or Rat)...............Where you able to choose your return time?

Maybe no one on here has bought one yet...or they are ignoring out pleas! 😂

I'll find out tomorrow morning when I attempt to purchase Rat from our home airport!

New here, planning a Disney week in December with my husband and 3 young kids. Got everything purchased already so I have a question about Genie+ that I couldn’t really find a clear answer to reading back a few pages of your board here… so I’m sorry if there is already an answer buried somewhere here.

Can we purchase genie+ now for our December trip?

Yes you can! I just did this for our trip in January.
Go into your plans. Under your ticket purchased click "change" Your vacation details are highlighted and you scroll down and there are all the ticket options with your choices, you simply choose your new ticket. For me, it was switching from park hopper to "park hopper with genie +"
Click a few times to verify the vacation package and press purchase.
the app doesn't look any different but it does show my genie + purchase when I look at my plans from the computer

Maybe no one on here has bought one yet...or they are ignoring out pleas! 😂

I'll find out tomorrow morning when I attempt to purchase Rat from our home airport!
If you have an Epcot reservation for tomorrow, then you would be able to get a boarding group from your home airport. I was able to get one from home this morning at Chicago time 6:38am. Boarding groups were available for awhile. The Genie will tell you if a boarding group for Remy is available. You might not have to buy one. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter