• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you pay a fee to get the Visa, it'll eat into the savings. It would make more sense to buy the $50 in that case.

This is what I did at Staples on the way home from work. I was debating between getting a $25 Starbucks for future use for my kids' teacher, but decided to go with the $50 to Disney. I'm going to Disney in November, and I've got until December to find good deals for teacher gifts. I added a couple of filler items because I seriously love the clearance section at Staples - we can always use more school and/or crafting supplies.

It showed pending when I checked the app in the parking lot.

After reading about RMN cash back deals last night, I went to HD, Walgreens and Staples today and bought Disney GC's as well as fillers since I happened to need things at those stores anyways. Each time I received the notice of $10 by the time I was in my car :yay: On a side note, I found a $100 visa GC while looking for something in my office, it was from last year. Also I live in Oregon and we have bottle deposit. Our bottle redemption system here offers an extra 20% if it is spent at certain grocery stores. So today I cashed in $50 of my bottle money for a $60 voucher and then purchased a $60 Disney GC. Today I purchased $310 in Disney GC and after Cash back, bottle deposit $ and the found GC, I will have paid $120. Awesome !!!!!! I will try to get to Kohls this week for an addl GC and then hoping my offers are available again before the 30th expiration date. My plan is to purchase my WDW tickets before Oct 16. I will see how much more botte return money I can redeem and then will purchase any remaing funds needed from Target GC with red card. SAVE SAVE SAVE :yay::thanks:

After reading about RMN cash back deals last night, I went to HD, Walgreens and Staples today and bought Disney GC's as well as fillers since I happened to need things at those stores anyways. Each time I received the notice of $10 by the time I was in my car :yay: On a side note, I found a $100 visa GC while looking for something in my office, it was from last year. Also I live in Oregon and we have bottle deposit. Our bottle redemption system here offers an extra 20% if it is spent at certain grocery stores. So today I cashed in $50 of my bottle money for a $60 voucher and then purchased a $60 Disney GC. Today I purchased $310 in Disney GC and after Cash back, bottle deposit $ and the found GC, I will have paid $120. Awesome !!!!!! I will try to get to Kohls this week for an addl GC and then hoping my offers are available again before the 30th expiration date. My plan is to purchase my WDW tickets before Oct 16. I will see how much more botte return money I can redeem and then will purchase any remaing funds needed from Target GC with red card. SAVE SAVE SAVE :yay::thanks:

Do your pending offers show a date estimate for crediting? Mine from yesterday estimates crediting 10/9, and mine from today estimates crediting 10/10. I would love to get some more in under the wire, but it's not looking good.

Do your pending offers show a date estimate for crediting? Mine from yesterday estimates crediting 10/9, and mine from today estimates crediting 10/10. I would love to get some more in under the wire, but it's not looking good.

They've been rewarding in 3-5 days regardless of the estimated date.

It does work, but I'm going to continue with a filler so as to have uneven numbers in case spot checks happen. I think it will arouse less suspicion.

This is my plan. Several of the stores are places I shop anyway, which is the beauty of the current system. I ended up not getting a GC at Walgreens because I had enough other stuff to make the minimum spend. I have no idea what I'll get at Home Depot but there's gotta be some kind of filler there.

I did my first RMN run tonight. I’m having surgery in the morning so it was now or never for this month.

My husband and I went together so we could do it 2x and went to went to Hone Depot (25 Disney), Academy (20 Academy GC), Staples (50 Disney Gc with a split payment to each of our cards), Kohl’s (25 BP GC), Walgreens (25 Disney), and CVS (25 Disney).

The only one that did not post immediately was Home Depot and it did not work for either of us and we did a filler there.

All in all I got 200 in Disney Gift cards and 50 in BP gas cards for the drive and saved 80 or 32% for my trip.

Academy only sells their own brand of GC but I figured that gave me a 50% discount on my next purchase there.

All in all a good evening for Disney savings.

Last edited:
It does work, but I'm going to continue with a filler so as to have uneven numbers in case spot checks happen. I think it will arouse less suspicion.

I don't think it matters. When I look at an offer to see when it's pendinfg they've rounded the purchase total to the nearest dollar.

I did my first RMN run tonight. I’m having surgery in the morning so it was now or never for this month.

My husband and I went together so we could do it 2x and went to went to Hone Depot (25 Disney), Academy (20 Academy GC), Staples (50 Disney Gc with a split payment to each of our cards), Kohl’s (25 BP GC), Walgreens (25 Disney), and CVS (25 Disney).

The only one that did not post immediately was Home Depot and it did not work for either of us and we did a filler there.

All in all I got 250 in Disney Gift cards and 50 in BP gas cards for the drive and saved 80 or 32% for my trip.

Academy only sells their own brand of GC but I figured that gave me a 50% discount on my next purchase there.

Really smart and creative for getting the split payment at Staples.

No GCs at Academy other than their own. I got softball sliders for my daughter, originally $27, tagged $19.98, rang up a $14.99 so I topped up with sunflower seeds. We're set for this weekend's tournament and I'm happy with my deal. I think that was my best deal of the week and it was stuff I need to get anyway.

All in all I got 250 in Disney Gift cards and 50 in BP gas cards for the drive and saved 80 or 32% for my trip.

I was contemplating doing this, but wasn't sure how it works? Do you just tell the clerk you want to pay $25 with one credit card and $25 with another? They can run it that way?

I was contemplating doing this, but wasn't sure how it works? Do you just tell the clerk you want to pay $25 with one credit card and $25 with another? They can run it that way?

I recycle ink at staples so I have a lot of experience with the cashiers. The one tonight is very knowledgeable and I’ve split payments with him before. I just ask if I can put it on two cards and he asks me how much I want on the first card and he runs it. The remaining balance pops up and we run the second card. I would say this is a YMMV depending on if you get an experienced cashier or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter