Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
What stores do we have left that we can still purchase a Disney GC with a store GC? (I know many times it’s up to the cashier....but what are the options in general)

Walmart/Sam’s Club seems to be the last holdout

A few months ago, someone posted Bed Bath and Beyond seemed to have it hard coded not to do it (didn’t go through when cashier tried). But then I think someone later said she was able to do it at her BBB, so it may or may not be possible. Sorry - not that helpful

What rebate portals credit when buying gc and filler item at shop Disney? Noticed they are doing free shipping

Usually ebates and retail me not track (though both are YMMV). But neither has a particularly good deal at Shop Disney currently. Ebates is at 1% today, and RMN does not currently have cash back, though it does list the sales (which are the same as you'd find on the Shop Disney website).

I don't expect to see any good cash back for Shop Disney until the Twice Upon a Year sale is over, or at least until the sales stuff is pretty picked over. I could be wrong, but I think Disney expects to see enough traffic to their site with just the discounts. Of course, if you want some Disney merchandise, the TUaY sale is a great time to stock up, especially with free shipping today.

Figure I’m cashing out my sb for gc so any little extra helps

Sounds good, but if it’s a Virtual VISA from SB, know that it’s definitely a YMMV if Shop Disney will cancel the transaction. Apparently, VV hasn’t always been coming through with paying Shop Disney, and several people have posted with stories of having the payment go through only to have it canceled later, and sometimes having a difficult time getting the proper credit back on the VV.

Currently, Target has 3% back through RMN, and people have reported that tracking without issue, both with and without fillers. I haven’t heard of Target refusing the VVs as payment. Unless you really want the cute designs on the physical cards from Shop Disney, you might be better off buying from Target. I think you can get them as e-gift cards for faster access.

Has anyone tried purchasing gift cards through Samsung Pay for extra cash back? They currently have up to 15% cash back at Walmart and 8% at Sams but I have never used it and don't know if a gift card would even credit so I didn't want to bother adding the app and signing up without more info

I have different cards attached to my kids bands as well, I transfer what I want them to have when we are at Disney.

How did you do this? I have tried this with my dd's band and they wouldn't let me on my last trip in September. I tried at POP and at AKL.

How did you do this? I have tried this with my dd's band and they wouldn't let me on my last trip in September. I tried at POP and at AKL.

Did you go to the front desk? That's the only place I've been able to attach different card numbers to different guests (we don't do it often, though, as we prefer to pay with gift cards).

Did you go to the front desk? That's the only place I've been able to attach different card numbers to different guests (we don't do it often, though, as we prefer to pay with gift cards).

I did but the person I am asking said she has done this with gift cards and I have never been able to with gift cards.

I didn't know you could attach a gift card to a MB. I know you can limit how much each band can charge in a day as we do this with our kids bands, but I always thought the charges just accrued and if you wanted to pay them with a GC, you need to stop by the front desk and do so.
I'm pretty sure you cannot attach gift cards to magic bands. You can allow charging privileges on magic bands only by attaching a cc to them. Now, you can go every other day or so and pay off your MB charges WITH a gift card but that's all.

I dont know why I never did this before. an 100 gift card for Walmart for 90 then buy my groceries.. I buy them online anyways.
Why do I go out of my way to buy Disney gift cards at a discount so why not everything.
I really like giftcardwiki.com saving me so much.

I'm pretty sure you cannot attach gift cards to magic bands. You can allow charging privileges on magic bands only by attaching a cc to them. Now, you can go every other day or so and pay off your MB charges WITH a gift card but that's all.
This is what I was told when I tried it on our last trip.

I have different cards attached to my kids bands as well, I transfer what I want them to have when we are at Disney.

you can not "attach" gift cards to magic bands. you can't prepay your account at Disney with gift cards. you can pay daily on your account with gift cards but you still have to link a credit or debit card and they will still have a hold amount on the linked card. i did add onboard credit to my account on DCL in 2017 with gift cards. i called the shoreside concierge and they added it to my account.

just posting to clear that up.

Right. That’s what we always do too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter