Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how they track that $5000 limit. I bought the limit.

So - don't hold me to this, but my experience when I first started my DVA was that I did earn what I spent prior to 120 days. I understood it that the BONUS is not earned until 120 days and therefore you can't request it until then. I know this is how my first one worked and I also know others confirmed this happened with them as well. After 120 days and you've spent at least $1000 you should see the option to request your bonus in the drop down menu. Don't give up yet and of course YMMV. When is your 120 days up? I know the wording doesn't lean to this being the case and clearly the CM's say it doesn't either but I know for a fact I got credit for mine and again, as well as others.

As Jodie mentioned don't open a new account so you don't get another account number but it's no problem to change the name (or not) to your existing account.

Heather

I had read of people having luck with that as well. It didn't work for me. I'm not sure why. My 120 day mark was about 4 days before our cruise. The link did pop up to request the card and I did click and request the bonus but it never came. So I called and after a few phone calls they told me the account had to be open 120 days prior to spending. So they said no. The link is still active.

I'm usually pretty good at following the latest deals on this thread, but got lost in the Ebay/Cardpool/Target ordeal.

Can someone please verify if this is correct?

-Buy discounted $25 or $50 eBay card from Target with a Target giftcard
-Order Target giftcards from GiftcardMall on eBay
-Order Disney gift cards on Target.com with Target giftcards from Ebay + Red Card savings

I'm usually pretty good at following the latest deals on this thread, but got lost in the Ebay/Cardpool/Target ordeal.

Can someone please verify if this is correct?

-Buy discounted $25 or $50 eBay card from Target with a Target giftcard
-Order Target giftcards from GiftcardMall on eBay
-Order Disney gift cards on Target.com with Target giftcards from Ebay + Red Card savings
That's pretty much it in a nutshell. I'll just add that you'll want to apply the REDCard discount to the purchase of the eBay GCs.

Just be aware that the process will take a bit of time. The eBay GCs on Target .com can take a few hours to be delivered. Then, it can take up to 4 hours for the code to be active on eBay. The Target GCs on eBay are physical GCs and they can take about 7-10 days to arrive at your home. The Disney GCs on Target .com can take 1-2 weeks to be delivered. You'll need a at least 2-3 weeks for the whole process.

ETA: If you're purchasing Target GCs from a reseller like Cardpool, add another day or two for delivery of the e-card.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. I'll just add that you'll want to apply the REDCard discount to the purchase of the eBay GCs.

Just be aware that the process will take a bit of time. The eBay GCs on Target .com can take a few hours to be delivered. Then, it can take up to 4 hours for the code to be active on eBay. The Target GCs on eBay are physical GCs and they can take about 7-10 days to arrive at your home. The Disney GCs on Target .com can take 1-2 weeks to be delivered. You'll need a at least 2-3 weeks for the whole process.

ETA: If you're purchasing Target GCs from a reseller like Cardpool, add another day or two for delivery of the e-card.

Thank you!! I appreciate it. The Target giftcards on ebay are not discounted correct? Want to make sure I'm looking at the right ones.

Thank you!! I appreciate it. The Target giftcards on ebay are not discounted correct? Want to make sure I'm looking at the right ones.
I've been purchasing from the seller Gift Card Mall. Their $100 Target GCs were on sale last week for $95 with free shipping. They are now being sold at face value and $2.99 shipping for the first GC, 99¢ for each additional GC in the same order.

Is there a way to add my gift cards to paypal, before I purchase from ebay? Now ebay isn't allowing me to add more than 4 $50 cards at a time.

Is there a way to add my gift cards to paypal, before I purchase from ebay? Now ebay isn't allowing me to add more than 4 $50 cards at a time.
I don't think that you can add them to PayPal for a "credit". These are eBay GCs and PayPal is now a separate company. Is your PP account verified? If it isn't, you may have met your limit for the amount of money on eBay GCs that you can use in a month.

Yes. My account is verified. I used $400 (8 cards) yesterday for a purchase. What is my monthly limit?

Yes. My account is verified. I used $400 (8 cards) yesterday for a purchase. What is my monthly limit?
Going back a few pages:
You can use a maximum of 8 gift cards per transaction (and a max of $500/transaction). This inherently limits the amount of GC you can buy in one transaction. Also, unverified PayPal accounts can spend only $500 total using eBay gift cards every 30 days. Verified PayPal accounts can use up to $5,000 every 180 days.

I've had the paypal account since 2000. Maybe it isn't verified. Hmmm. The top of the page says that the profile is 100%. Does that mean that it is verified, or should I be looking somewhere else?

I had read of people having luck with that as well. It didn't work for me. I'm not sure why. My 120 day mark was about 4 days before our cruise. The link did pop up to request the card and I did click and request the bonus but it never came. So I called and after a few phone calls they told me the account had to be open 120 days prior to spending. So they said no. The link is still active.
How strange the button appeared yet nothing. Hmm...you know it wouldn't hurt to just call and just ask without referencing the dates as I swear it's like anything else they are equally confused. I know they end up referring your "accounting question" to the back office since the folks answering the phone can't even access your account. It's certainly worth a try to see/confirm if you have those $160 pending somewhere. It took about a week for me to receive a callback, btw.

Good luck and can you tell I'm still not giving up for you? lol :)

Heather

Is anyone else having trouble ordering the eBay cards? The order gets placed, and within s hour, I get an email saying it's been cancelled.

Is anyone else having trouble ordering the eBay cards? The order gets placed, and within s hour, I get an email saying it's been cancelled.
Yes, I'm having trouble. I ordered three of the $50 cards at 5:45am this morning. An hour later i received an email that my order was cancelled. I just placed two separate orders of three $25 cards so we'll see how that goes.

How strange the button appeared yet nothing. Hmm...you know it wouldn't hurt to just call and just ask without referencing the dates as I swear it's like anything else they are equally confused. I know they end up referring your "accounting question" to the back office since the folks answering the phone can't even access your account. It's certainly worth a try to see/confirm if you have those $160 pending somewhere. It took about a week for me to receive a callback, btw.

Good luck and can you tell I'm still not giving up for you? lol :)

Heather

I'm wondering if I should do an immediate request after I make a purchase for this coming trip and see what happens. Do you think the dates matter? I've been reading how the bonuses have been coming automatically with out request. But on the site it still says will be sent 2-3 weeks before travel so that all bonuses can be on one card. I wonder if I change my travel date to end of Sept or early Oct instead of end of Nov if that will change things.

i tried ordering $50 ebay gc from target.com last night and got an email that they were all cancelled. they mentioned a technical difficulty. haven't tried to reorder this morning yet but it sounds like others in this thread may have had issues too

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter