Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a near disaster at Target today. Bought $100 in gift cards from Raise at 7% off. Took them to Target today to get Disney GCs & tried to use self checkout based on above comments. After I scanned the first gift card, the checkout screen said "processing" for 3-4 minutes & I finally had an associate come over. She cancelled the transaction then took me to a register to ring me out. She first said I couldn't buy the Disney GC with the Target GCs. Then another cashier told her to try it, that it won't work with Visa GC but Disney might be different. So she rings me up & now one of the gift cards says $0 balance. I insist it had $50 before I tried self checkout so she went & got the manager. The manager tried it, still $0 but she left & came back & said she put $50 on the Target card so it would work. I practically ran out of there with my Disney GCs

welp. wells fargo is running a deal where they'll give you $250 if you open a checking account with them by Feb. 17. the requirement for the cash is a $500 deposit within 60 days. there is a $10 a month fee... unless you deposit $500 that month. and you can close the account anytime...
I got an email a couple weeks into having the account where Wells stated the account will be fee free for the first 2 months, which is also what others have reported. Technically the requirement is a Direct Deposit, but the ach deposit from a bank funding the wells account has also been triggering the bonus (usually bank to bank transfers don't count as direct deposits). The bonus has been depositing within a week of completing requirements according to Reddit.

I got an email a couple weeks into having the account where Wells stated the account will be fee free for the first 2 months, which is also what others have reported. Technically the requirement is a Direct Deposit, but the ach deposit from a bank funding the wells account has also been triggering the bonus (usually bank to bank transfers don't count as direct deposits). The bonus has been depositing within a week of completing requirements according to Reddit.

well, i've heard NADA since making the application and the initial deposit so it might not really matter.

Don't give up! Current reports are it's taking a couple weeks to hear back. Wells was completely overwhelmed with apps. For up to the day info go here & sort comments by new, I found it really helpful: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/c...source=amp&utm_medium=comment_header&sort=new

thanks. it's a handy offer that will work well with my specific situation. businesswise, the better the company handles it, the more likely i'll consider continuing as a customer.

thanks. it's a handy offer that will work well with my specific situation. businesswise, the better the company handles it, the more likely i'll consider continuing as a customer.

I was considering this offer but it appears that now WF may be enforcing the "targeted" and "non transferable" nature of the offer. Not sure if I want to try it or not. I got this info from "doctors of credit" site.

Sorry Raise is new to me. I'm trying to quickly understand - do I get 5% off a Target gc from Raise and also 5% from my Redcard??? Thanks for your help!!

Sorry Raise is new to me. I'm trying to quickly understand - do I get 5% off a Target gc from Raise and also 5% from my Redcard??? Thanks for your help!!

No, it used to be that you could get both online but now target does not allow you to buy a disney giftcard online with a target form of payment (order will be cancelled). And in store you only get redcard discount i f you pay with a redcard.

Woke up this morning to some fraudulent charges on my Discover card from Raise. I'm assuming my Raise account was hacked. I had to reset the password just to get in and see the charges. There were 2 orders for itunes cards made this morning while I was asleep. Contacted both Discover and Raise, so I hope to have it settled soon. Thank goodness it was just 2 $100 purchases and I noticed it quickly. Ugh, what a way to start my Sunday.

Does anyone use the Preferred Blue Amex at grocery stores to get 6% back on gift cards? That seems to be the best option for me unless I start buying from resellers.

No, it used to be that you could get both online but now target does not allow you to buy a disney giftcard online with a target form of payment (order will be cancelled). And in store you only get redcard discount i f you pay with a redcard.

Thank you, this what I thought I understood. However, why would you purchase gcs at Raise?

Woke up this morning to some fraudulent charges on my Discover card from Raise. I'm assuming my Raise account was hacked. I had to reset the password just to get in and see the charges. There were 2 orders for itunes cards made this morning while I was asleep. Contacted both Discover and Raise, so I hope to have it settled soon. Thank goodness it was just 2 $100 purchases and I noticed it quickly. Ugh, what a way to start my Sunday.

Soo Sorry - sending prayers for a quick and easy refund process!

Thank you, this what I thought I understood. However, why would you purchase gcs at Raise?

Oftentimes the gift cards are 7-10% off. Add that to your 1-2% credit card cash back and you're looking at up to 12% off a Target Gift Card which you can use in store to purchase Disney Gift Cards. So an extra 3-7% to some people could hundreds of dollars saved for their vacation.

Does anyone use the Preferred Blue Amex at grocery stores to get 6% back on gift cards? That seems to be the best option for me unless I start buying from resellers.

That's what I do. It's a guaranteed 6% plus fuel rewards and I know the gift cards are good. Although I've done it in the past, I'm not a fan of buying from resellers. Haven't done that since getting the Amex card.

Oftentimes the gift cards are 7-10% off. Add that to your 1-2% credit card cash back and you're looking at up to 12% off a Target Gift Card which you can use in store to purchase Disney Gift Cards. So an extra 3-7% to some people could hundreds of dollars saved for their vacation.
This is what i was hoping, Thanks!!! Plus, if I use Ebates, another 1% i believe? LOVE IT!

Great to know - thank you!!

One thing to keep in mind about buying gift cards from re-sellers is the possibility that the gift cards were purchased fraudulently. I recall reading an account on this forum not too long ago about someone who had combined gift cards (can't recall if it was Target or Disney gift cards) and it turns out one of the cards that was combined had been purchased fraudulently, and the whole amount was invalidated (at least temporarily, if I recall correctly). For me, this risk (that the card was purchased fraudulently) combined with the risk that the original seller will use the gift card before I have a chance to, makes buying gift cards from re-sellers just not worth it. I'm not saying you shouldn't -- everyone has to gauge their risk tolerance -- but just wanted to point out that it might not be worth it.

Yes, but keep in mind that there is a lifetime cap for Raise through Ebates. Something like $1,000 spent? I'm not sure of the exact dollar amount.

Adding to that . . . its not just Ebates. Topcashback has this language:
  • After you have placed over $1,000 in lifetime purchases on Raise.com, you will no longer be eligible for cash back.
I think this is pretty standard with the rebate portals. Anyone know of a portal that will payout if you are over the $1,000 with Raise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter