• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
downloaded an app called "pocket flip" last night. you get points for downloading certain apps, i delete them after it credits. you also get 1k points for every person you refer. 4400 points = $5 Amazon GC. i have made $150 so far.
I see some of the apps repeat, if you redownlaod them, do you receive credit a 2nd time?

so question for you experts that done the best buy gift cards. i was going to do the 2pp for both me and hubby, but we only have 1 BB member rewards account. if we put the same account for both orders to earn points (cuz we're greedy :)~), will that goof up anything? (would they some how match it as 4 for 1 person rather than 4 for 2 people?) or they don't look that closely?

Just to report back, we got all 4 $15 savings codes today, and both orders credited in the BB member rewards account.

Well then Best Buy is very confused because it states at checkout you'll receive 1 point for every $1 loaded onto the e-giftcard and in the My Best Buy program T&C it states "My Best Buy program points are awarded upon purchase of Best Buy gift cards and Magnolia gift cards, but not on redemption." And goes on to exclude 'bonus' points from gift card purchases but it seemed pretty clear gift card purchases gave points... otherwise why would it ask for your member #? Has your experience been different then?

And the best buy cashstar page lies about the point earnings. It states "Get 1 point for every $1 loaded on the e-gift card." but really you only get whatever your member status is. Since we're the base level it only credited as half a point per dollar. I'm half tempted to complain to get them to change the wording at least as I'm guessing they didn't update it post reward program changes. But once my reward cert posts it'll probably be the last time I'm in best buy until maybe christmas so I'm not sure I feel like spending the effort.

But I guess not a bad way to get 90 bucks for free ($60 in savings codes, $20 reward cert, and $10 from Shopkicks)

Has anyone ever ordered a large amount in giftcards from BJs? I need about $7,000 worth, I'm just nervous about them getting lost in the mail or something.

Wondering if it would be better to do smaller increments.

Has anyone added a Disney e-gift card to their DVA? It says e-gift cards cannot be transferred, and I just want to make sure there is nothing in their system that wouldn't accept it on the DVA. TIA!

Has anyone ever ordered a large amount in giftcards from BJs? I need about $7,000 worth, I'm just nervous about them getting lost in the mail or something.

Break it up if you feel more comfortable, free shipping so nothing to loose. I've never ordered over $900, although if you want to sign for it I think you have to sign for it if you order over $1,000. All of my orders have come with tracking numbers so I know exactly when they are delivered and I don't leave them sitting out at my mail box. My rule of thumb is I don't order more than I can afford to loose for a short period of time. I can afford to be out $900 for a period of time in a dispute if something happens to my order but my cash flow can't handle a $X,XXX dispute so I don't order that much at once.

Last edited:
downloaded an app called "pocket flip" last night. you get points for downloading certain apps, i delete them after it credits. you also get 1k points for every person you refer. 4400 points = $5 Amazon GC. i have made $150 so far.
Do they let you cash out for something that can translate to Disney cards (i.e. Target, Sams/Walmart/ Best Buy) or Paypal?

I ordered about $1300 recently from BJs and I had to sign for it so it will be safe.

Do they let you cash out for something that can translate to Disney cards (i.e. Target, Sams/Walmart/ Best Buy) or Paypal?
Amazon, iTunes, Steam, XBox Live, Google Play, Playstation Store.

I installed the app yesterday and I am having nowhere near the success that the PP had. I'm only half-way to a $5 Amazon card and once I get there, I'm uninstalling the app. Too much hands-on time for too little reward.

Last edited:
Made my final payment for our F&W trip today!! This thread has saved me a lot of money gathering the best deals on gift cards to make those payments a little easier- y'all are AWESOME! Now it's time for Gift Card Phase 2: Disney Spending Money!

OMG- I've already started saving our spending money! I totally forgot the gift card staring me in face with "$300" written on it means it has $300 on it! Earth to gottalovepluto, thank goodness it's Saturday.

BED BATH AND BEYOND IS A GO!
Returned a gift and got back merchandise credit card. Bought a couple of items as fillers and a disney GC. Had no problems.
Trying to upload my receipt but it says file is too large.

Amazon, iTunes, Steam, XBox Live, Google Play, Playstation Store.

I installed the app yesterday and I am having nowhere near the success that the PP had. I'm only half-way to a $5 Amazon card and once I get there, I'm uninstalling the app. Too much hands-on time for too little reward.

Nope. Amazon, itunes ect

I am going to throw this out there...

You can order groceries from AmazonPrimeNow and have them delivered for FREE (at least 2 hours notice is required) to the resort. This is a great way to use up Amazon gift cards. I am having my travel size toiletries, laundry detergent, sunscreen, and some perishable goods (cheese, milk, etc) delivered to the resort so I can keep my carry-on light.

On our last trip , I prepared my order while I was waiting to board our flight from home. Then, when we landed, I scheduled the delivery window for 2 hours and placed the order. We took DME to the resort (BWV) and our groceries were delivered within 30 minutes of our arrival at the resort. We used to use Garden Grocer, but they have a $40 minimum order and charge for delivery. AmazonPrimeNow has no minimum and no delivery fee, unless you need it within an hour, then it is a $7.99 charge. It has worked out much better for us, especially since I can redeem my various rewards for Amazon cards, so it's like getting stuff for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter