Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Kroger order went through, was pending on my credit card for over 24 hours, and then it appears Kroger just went ahead and cancelled them on me... Not sure why they would do that. That stinks. Although no email from them stating that. Just a revers charge showing on my online bank statement for the same amount. I just sent an email asking what is going on, as there is absolutely no reason for them to cancel my order.
They're taking lessons from Walmart.

The closest I came was when I went to a younger, newer looking associate. I handed him the Disney gift card and told him I wanted $25 on it...no problem. When I handed him the e-gift card to pay for it, he looked at it and said, "I just need to check real quick and see if we can do this". I simply told him that I have been doing it for over a year so it should work fine unless something had changed. He rang it up and seemed surprised that it worked. He said, "Well, I guess you do learn something every day". That was the only time in over a year that an associate has ever questioned it so I would have to say that, no, I have not had any trouble.
There have been one or two reports of Best Buys that don't allow it, rule of thumb is to try it with a small amount first. By the end of my BB churning a few months ago (I had a slew of BB gift cards) the young manager took it upon himself to interrogate me about where I was getting all my BB gift cards. He still processed the transaction but in that "I'm super suspicious of you" way... Thankfully that was the end of my BB cards anyway!

No. Never.
I've been worrying a little bit about this too, as I've never done it. I will have about $1100 to cash
Not so much with the gift cards, however today I was stopped because they only had $25 ones left and the loss prevention manager had to come over. He casually interrogated me about our trip then approved it as long as I wasn't paying cash. I felt a little awkward after that about using all my $15 promo ones at once, so I used 3 of those, a $150 regular gift card, and just put the rest on a credit card.
This makes me a little nervous. Between all the offers the last few weeks, I have $1100 in BB eGC, promo codes, and a reward certificate. Shold I break up my purchase? I'd rather just cash in all at once obviously and only make one trip

I've been worrying a little bit about this too, as I've never done it. I will have about $1100 to cash

This makes me a little nervous. Between all the offers the last few weeks, I have $1100 in BB eGC, promo codes, and a reward certificate. Shold I break up my purchase? I'd rather just cash in all at once obviously and only make one trip
I also took advantage of a lot of the recent Best Buy deals and I have quite a few GCs ($600 from the Kroger deal alone). I'm reluctant to drawn too much attention, so I've been going in once a week and buying under $1,000 in Disney GCs.

Ok so that was the right page and if it comes back the BB deal will be at the top or on the first page? I'm going to keep trying here and there until the 9th. 15% off is a great deal!

Via email they told me today that the deal is over, but their own site says it is through 9/9 and it has already gone away a few times and reappeared. So I'm going to keep checking as well and hopefully have one of my attempts go through without getting flagged by their so called fraud screening. Very odd. I've never attempted to purchase anything from Kroger before, so not very impressed with them so far...

I also took advantage of a lot of the recent Best Buy deals and I have quite a few GCs ($600 from the Kroger deal alone). I'm reluctant to drawn too much attention, so I've been going in once a week and buying under $1,000 in Disney GCs.
I did call during the $15 promo with $150 eGC to be sure they would allow me to convert to Disney. Talked to corporate and local store. I was transferred a lot and no one seemed to know the answer. I was eventually assured it was fine. I plan to raise a lot of cain if the try to deny me but I just hope it is a non-issue.

Earlier I posted that we've never had trouble, but today we had our first issue at Best Buy. The lady checking us out was trying to insist that they didn't accept printed e-gift cards (which makes zero sense) because she couldn't scan it (she didn't even try o.0 plus even if you can't scan, there are numbers you can input...), and then switched to saying that the system wouldn't accept gift card for gift card. But when the manager came over, he was like, "of course you can!" and checked us out with no problem.

We also try to break it up to not draw too much attention.

Just wondering: how much do you generally exchange at one time?

usually $500, since Best Buy usually has loadable Disney Gift cards with a max of $500. Best Buy is pretty convenient for us, so multiple trips isn't a huge deal. For us it also depends on how much the gift cards are that we want to exchange. This never happened, but as an example, if Best Buy only sold $10 Disney Gift Cards, we wouldn't (and probably couldn't) buy $500 worth, since that would draw attention. I remember people were not subtle with Target and put up a fuss, and Target shut that down.

usually $500, since Best Buy usually has loadable Disney Gift cards with a max of $500. Best Buy is pretty convenient for us, so multiple trips isn't a huge deal. For us it also depends on how much the gift cards are that we want to exchange. This never happened, but as an example, if Best Buy only sold $10 Disney Gift Cards, we wouldn't (and probably couldn't) buy $500 worth, since that would draw attention. I remember people were not subtle with Target and put up a fuss, and Target shut that down.

I had 6 gift cards totaling $225 when they stopped me. They actually went looking around for the loadable ones because they did confirm buying too many at once red flags their system no matter how much the total is.

I took 6 of the $15 promos, 1 $5 rewards certificate, and 6 $100 egift cards to Bestbuy yesterday and bought 1 $500 Disney card and 1 $200 Disney card without issues. I put the remaining $5 on my credit card.

I have been looking for $100 Disney Gift Cards at BJs the past week, and says all sold out online. Read on another site that they have discontinued this. Anyone else confirm?

I scanned through the last few pages - is the best people are getting about 10%? The reason I'm asking is because I have a Sears card and they have a 10x points back promo on restaurant/grocery stores/gas stations. If I buy Target or Disney cards at Kroger/Fred Meyer, they count as a grocery store purchase plus I get the fuel points for it.

Just a heads up for anyone that also has a Sears card. YOu need to activate it from the email you received but it works out to more than 10% off between the 2. You can use the Sears points for Target gift cards to get more Disney gift cards.

I've got a couple of questions. Has anyone successfully done Target gc to Disney gc in the past few days? I have a survey group I'm apart of and I'm 1 survey away from cashing out for a $50 card so I'm trying to figure out my options. They offer Walmart and Amazon as well, but I always have problems trying to scan e-cards at Walmart from my phone. I could do Amazon for a Southwest card, but with the limit on gift cards you can use on Southwest's site I'm a little hesitant with getting just a $50. Also I was curious if anyone remembers what cards you can still pick up at Gamestop with a GC. I saw on my Discover rewards they have a Gamestop option.

I scanned through the last few pages - is the best people are getting about 10%? The reason I'm asking is because I have a Sears card and they have a 10x points back promo on restaurant/grocery stores/gas stations. If I buy Target or Disney cards at Kroger/Fred Meyer, they count as a grocery store purchase plus I get the fuel points for it.

Just a heads up for anyone that also has a Sears card. YOu need to activate it from the email you received but it works out to more than 10% off between the 2. You can use the Sears points for Target gift cards to get more Disney gift cards.
I think it really depends on the person, what cards they hold, and how fast they need to cash out. I personally try not to do anything less than 10% right now since we're a ways out and even then I don't always pick up the 10% offers. With the holiday's coming up I know there will more than likely be offers where a higher percentage of savings can be found.

So my Wal-Mart gift card that I bought with my Freedom card shipped and the charge posted on Sept 5. I didn't get any bonus points. Anyone else have this issue? I purchased it on the last day (Aug 31).

So my Wal-Mart gift card that I bought with my Freedom card shipped and the charge posted on Sept 5. I didn't get any bonus points. Anyone else have this issue? I purchased it on the last day (Aug 31).
yes,it happens a lot with chase offers I know others here say it doesn't but it has to me multiple times- I always give them at least a week cushion for a special deal because of it. I think others here are SM'ing chase about it so YMMV it may work for you to try that. (every time with the 5x points offers I have this issue)

I have been looking for $100 Disney Gift Cards at BJs the past week, and says all sold out online. Read on another site that they have discontinued this. Anyone else confirm?
I'd wait it out. BJs has gone out of stock before and everytime BJs (or Target which used to go out pretty frequently) goes out of stock on Disney gift cards someone has a "credible" rumor that they're not selling the item anymore. Imho if you still see it online you've got a shot it'll come back. That said, have a back up plan in place if your trip is soon because it can take up to a couple months for gift cards to go back in stock (or it can happen within a week, you just don't know).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter