Disney Magic Kingdoms

Basic event question to everyone. Are there any decisions the develops could make in the tLM event that will likely form a quick positive or negitive view of the event for you?

For me it’s an easy one! It’s whether they have, or do not have, the collect 2 items to make 1 item aspects of event. If they don’t, like the BH6 event, than tLM event will be starting out great for me. If they revert back to it, like previous events, than the event will be starting out badly IMO.

Last edited:
Basic event question to everyone. Are there any decisions the develops could make in the tLM event that will likely form a quick positive or negitive view of the event for you?

For me it’s an easy one! It’s whether they have, or do not have, the collect 2 items to make 1 item aspects of event. If they don’t, like the BH6 event, than tLM event will be starting out great for me. If they revert back to it, like previous events, than the event will be starting out badly IMO.
Interesting question...

I would say lack of land, but trust me don't go there. There is this guy on this forum that seriously goes on a rant every time land issues come up. (Hee hee...)

But seriously, I agree on the 2 for 1 items. That stopped being fun for me a long time ago.

Also, and please don't kill me fellow DMK lovers, I miss the old stressful boss battles. Yes, it was stressful sometimes close to the end of the events, but it was kind of fun to see if I could get everything I needed to beat the big bad. I feel that we missed out on a great hero/villian episode with Capt. Hook. I think that with the REAL established villians, Ursula for example, there should be some excitement. Not just collecting enough of 3 items and bang, it's over. It would be nice to mix up the goals in the events a little.

And speaking of the way the last few events have gone, I'm torn the the third stage of collecting when you have 2 characters gathering, one of those characters being premium. I always get the premium characters, but it seems like an extra hurdle for those who cannot get them.

Honestly though, I really don't have any make or break issues. The interns have made such great improvements since the beginning. But, heed my warning about the land guy...BEWARE OF THE LAND GUY!!!!

I'm looking at the patch notes for the new update and wondering if someone can tell me what this means:

Balancing
Merlin Spell
Spend Elixirs instead of Gems to cast Happiness Shield

Interesting question...

I would say lack of land, but trust me don't go there. There is this guy on this forum that seriously goes on a rant every time land issues come up. (Hee hee...)

But seriously, I agree on the 2 for 1 items. That stopped being fun for me a long time ago.

Also, and please don't kill me fellow DMK lovers, I miss the old stressful boss battles. Yes, it was stressful sometimes close to the end of the events, but it was kind of fun to see if I could get everything I needed to beat the big bad. I feel that we missed out on a great hero/villian episode with Capt. Hook. I think that with the REAL established villians, Ursula for example, there should be some excitement. Not just collecting enough of 3 items and bang, it's over. It would be nice to mix up the goals in the events a little.

And speaking of the way the last few events have gone, I'm torn the the third stage of collecting when you have 2 characters gathering, one of those characters being premium. I always get the premium characters, but it seems like an extra hurdle for those who cannot get them.

Honestly though, I really don't have any make or break issues. The interns have made such great improvements since the beginning. But, heed my warning about the land guy...BEWARE OF THE LAND GUY!!!!

WHAT NO NEW LAND!!!
WHERE DID YOU HEAR THAT?
BUCKLE UP EVERYONE BECAUSE YOUR IN FOR A REAL RIDE!!!

Just kidding, I’m not gonna let that let that get me worked up (for now) :rotfl:

I’m not against a big stressful boss fight, as long as it doesn’t mean you have to log in once an hour. I just don't want it to be a cookie cutter event. Give us something a little different is a good thing, even it it ends up being something I like or dislike.

I guess we will know in just over 12 hours, but I have a sinking feeling that one of the characters, for some reason I’m thinking King Triton, is going to be a platinum chest only character. Hope that’s not the case, because progress in the event will greatly be effected by luck. I wouldn’t have a problem with them making someone a platinum chest character AND making someone a premium character though.

MOLE!!!

Moley, moley, moley mole!

Finally the intern among us revealed himself! :duck:

I'm looking at the patch notes for the new update and wondering if someone can tell me what this means:

Balancing
Merlin Spell

It’s something I never used, but if I remember correctly your able to freeze/shield your happiness level at a certain points, for a fixed amount of time. I believe it was 24 hours. So if you’re not able to play for a day, you can lock it in to whatever your happy ness was, when you bought it. It looks like they’re just switching it to elixir instead of gems, which is what it use to be. I could be completely wrong, but I think it was 18 gems to put a shield up?

Last edited:
MOLE!!!

Moley, moley, moley mole!

Finally the intern among us revealed himself! :duck:

Really wish you didn’t figure that out! Now I’m going to have to de-activated your game account when I get into the office tomorrow! :rotfl2:

I’ll make sure I run it by the boss @supernova, but think he will probably agree with the decision. SHOOT, I wasn’t supposed to reveal his secret identity. I hope he doesn’t fire me. :eek:

Last edited:

Balancing
Merlin Spell
Where do you find the patch notes? None of my characters are really doing anything because I was afraid I'd need them in the a.m.

I think @mikegood2 is right on the merlin point. I never use Merlin's extra options, but that sounds right on the nose.

Now that I think about it, wouldn't it have made more sense for TLM to be a summer event? Like, beginning or middle summer? I've got fallen leaves all over my yard and I'm about to play with a beach princess. BH6 involved school assignments. They could have switched the two.

It’s something I never used, but if I remember correctly your able to freeze/shield your happiness level at a certain points, for a fixed amount of time. I believe it was 24 hours. So if you’re not able to play for a day, you can lock it in to whatever your happy ness was, when you bought it. It looks like they’re just switching it to elixir instead of gems, which is what it use to be. I could be completely wrong, but I think it was 18 gems to put a shield up?

Thanks. I never tried it so I didn't remember it was even an option.

Where do you find the patch notes? None of my characters are really doing anything because I was afraid I'd need them in the a.m.

I think @mikegood2 is right on the merlin point. I never use Merlin's extra options, but that sounds right on the nose.

I was on Facebook and just kind of stumbled upon them. Not much there, though. I see you found them, too.

Updating post from Aug 27th:
If the live stream is Friday, that means the event should probably be going live by Thursday the 6th?
Not sure if I'm happy I got this right or not. Too many characters to finish first, but I love TLM!

John Darling - 5, 2 tokens away from 6 7, 2 tokens from 8
Michael Darling - 4 6
Elizabeth Swann - 8, ready 9
Jack Sparrow - 8, ready
Will Turner - 8, ready
Captain Barbossa - 7 8
Tia Dalma - 7 heart lockets away from welcoming 5, 3 tokens from 6
Davy Jones - 2 5
Bambi - 9, 4 tokens from ready Done!
Flower - 9, ready
Jack-Jack - 9, ready Done!
Hiro - 8 9
Baymax - 6 7
Yokai - 9 ready
Go Go - 8 9, ready
Honey Lemon - 9 ready
Fred - 8 9
Wasabi - 6, 2 tokens away from 7 7
Christopher Robin - 4 6

I feel like I made great work knocking my list down from 19 to 17, with 4 of those completely ready to max out, and 3 more will ready to max out in the next 2 days depending on how TLM tokens affect my drops.

When TLM ends I'll probably end up spending a week straight just maxing out characters to clean up my list!

Can't remember who asked about it, but Davy Jones has been helping a lot with token drops, however getting the pirate fabric to drop regularly means maxing out Michael's teddy bears, Barbossa's hats, and Jack's pirate masks whenever possible in between level ups before the pirate fabric drops regularly. Still much faster than trading in elixirs for the fabrics though.

Interesting question...

Windwaker,is that a reference to me because I tend to go on rants?(I'm actually a female,by the way,if it is indeed me you're referring to.)

Windwaker,is that a reference to me because I tend to go on rants?(I'm actually a female,by the way,if it is indeed me you're referring to.)

@wingweaver84 I’m pretty sure it was not directed at you.

Since she was responding to my post, and I’ve been known to rant once or twice about lack of land :rotfl: im about 99% sure it was directed at me and @Windwaker4444 was messing with me. :thumbsup2

I've leveled up as much
Updating post from Aug 27th:
If the live stream is Friday, that means the event should probably be going live by Thursday the 6th?
Not sure if I'm happy I got this right or not. Too many characters to finish first, but I love TLM!

John Darling - 5, 2 tokens away from 6 7, 2 tokens from 8
Michael Darling - 4 6
Elizabeth Swann - 8, ready 9
Jack Sparrow - 8, ready
Will Turner - 8, ready
Captain Barbossa - 7 8
Tia Dalma - 7 heart lockets away from welcoming 5, 3 tokens from 6
Davy Jones - 2 5
Bambi - 9, 4 tokens from ready Done!
Flower - 9, ready
Jack-Jack - 9, ready Done!
Hiro - 8 9
Baymax - 6 7
Yokai - 9 ready
Go Go - 8 9, ready
Honey Lemon - 9 ready
Fred - 8 9
Wasabi - 6, 2 tokens away from 7 7
Christopher Robin - 4 6

I feel like I made great work knocking my list down from 19 to 17, with 4 of those completely ready to max out, and 3 more will ready to max out in the next 2 days depending on how TLM tokens affect my drops.

When TLM ends I'll probably end up spending a week straight just maxing out characters to clean up my list!

Can't remember who asked about it, but Davy Jones has been helping a lot with token drops, however getting the pirate fabric to drop regularly means maxing out Michael's teddy bears, Barbossa's hats, and Jack's pirate masks whenever possible in between level ups before the pirate fabric drops regularly. Still much faster than trading in elixirs for the fabrics though.

I salute you for completing Bambi, it's taking me forever to collect the ears. I would have preferred more time between events, I was only able to max out 3 characters.

Tia Dalma at 3
Michael Darling at 4
Baymax at 5 ready
Christopher Robin at 5
Wasabi at 5
Capt Barbossa at 7
Fred at 7 ready
John Darling at 7
Yokai at 7 ready
Jack Sparrow at 8
Bambi at 9

Us girls have to stick together!! Don't tell @mikegood2, but I was teasing him. He has been very entertaining while we have been waiting for LM to roll out.

Just curious, what is your avatar a pic of? Whenever I see your posts, I think of female Corrin from Fire Emblem. Am I close?

500000 magic for POTC? Going to have to save up for that one after paying for Tia and The Darling brothers! Most of my characters are in storage - can you get more magic if you bring them out and set them on tasks rather than just collecting near the parade every 12 hrs or whatever it is?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter