Disney Magic Kingdoms

Just cleared the curse and here's what we've got:

Timothy
40 Delivery Bundles: Michael (1 hr), Ringmaster (2 hr), Parade (2 hr), Timothy (1 hr), Dumbo (1 hr), Bronze Chest
60 Magic Feathers: Alien+Buzz (8 hr) - interferes with Buzz+Sarge for Eudroa), Baloo+Mowgli (8 hr), Barbossa+Tia (8 hr), Grumpy (8 hr), Parade (2 hr), Silver Chest, Dumbo Attraction
60 Ear Hats: Ringmaster (2 hr), John+Michael (4 hr), Prince (8 hr), Silver Chest, Dumbo Attraction (8 hr)

Ringmaster (to level 2)
5 Delivery Bundles: (see above)
2 Whips: Judy (8 hr), Mayor (8 hr) - interferes with lantern for Cri-kee
2 Ear Hats: Jack-Jack (6 hr) - interferes with ear hat for Cri-kee, Zurg (8 hr), Bronze Chest, Timothy (8 hr)(Dumbo Attraction (8 hr)
Ringmaster doesn't look very useful... Without him, Dumbo feathers and earhats are pretty balanced, and common token is going to get done the fastest with or without the Ringmaster anyway...
I rather use my SURPLUS of gems on some other character... I'm still missing Flower, Maximus and King Louie, and all their tokens have not been balanced... So another reason not to get Ringmaster ATM...

Thanks for the update! So we can start welcoming characters when once the new land opens, correct? With the delay in the iOS update, I won’t be starting until later in the afternoon.

Well I think we can see why Merlin offers more items for sale now. With close to 200 characters you’d think that they could use characters that don’t interfer/conflict. Speaking of which, just realized that they moved all the PatF character down to the bottom of the character list. Really wish they kept them near the top for a while longer atleast. Actually a feature I would love to see, is a tab that would put all of the non level 10 characters in it, so we could find characters were still working on leveling easier. Would work perfectly under visiting home button/tab.

Right. I received my update yesterday at around 11:30 and started clearing the curse at around 11:45. Twenty-four hours later, we are set to go.

Great suggestions to help smooth over game play for us... only I feel as if we're preaching to the choir here. Hopefully the true interns at Gameloft who are assigned to troll social media and collect data are at least submitting these suggestions posted here for review by the proper muckety-mucks. They always seem to take the most recent film and drop it to the very bottom of the gook. Reverse order would make most sense here sort of how one would build a resume. And then for whatever the hell reason, Dumbo is stuck somewhere in the middle of the movies.

You hit the nail on the head as to why there is some overlap in characters. They are doing this for two reasons: to slow us down, and to beat us into submission and have us visit Merlin.

Ringmaster doesn't look very useful... Without him, Dumbo feathers and earhats are pretty balanced, and common token is going to get done the fastest with or without the Ringmaster anyway...
I rather use my SURPLUS of gems on some other character... I'm still missing Flower, Maximus and King Louie, and all their tokens have not been balanced... So another reason not to get Ringmaster ATM...
At three years in and all of the characters available in my story book, it's more about collecting all of the characters and less about usefulness. In your situation though, it makes perfect sense. He'll always be available, so skipping him right now simply adds him to the list of gem characters yet to be unlocked.

And then for whatever the hell reason, Dumbo is stuck somewhere in the middle of the movies.

Dumbo is slotted in the last "storyline" position. So these tasks are the current "end of the story." All the Movies that come after are "Event" character groups.

Finally, got the Windows update. Freaked me out, because it started with the explaining the curse you get when you first download and install the game. But after this preview played, it did load my game correctly. But Windows players are almost a day behind. My IOS game, curse clears in 4ish hours. In Windows, I WAS 7 feathers away from finishing Anastasia. But now I need a ton of everything.

Timothy
40 Delivery Bundles: Michael (1 hr), Ringmaster (2 hr), Parade (2 hr), Timothy (1 hr), Dumbo (1 hr), Bronze Chest
60 Magic Feathers: Alien+Buzz (8 hr) - interferes with Buzz+Sarge for Eudroa), Baloo+Mowgli (8 hr), Barbossa+Tia (8 hr), Grumpy (8 hr), Parade (2 hr), Silver Chest, Dumbo Attraction
60 Ear Hats: Ringmaster (2 hr), John+Michael (4 hr), Prince (8 hr), Silver Chest, Dumbo Attraction (8 hr)

Ringmaster (to level 2)
5 Delivery Bundles: (see above)
2 Whips: Judy (8 hr), Mayor (8 hr) - interferes with lantern for Cri-kee
2 Ear Hats: Jack-Jack (6 hr) - interferes with ear hat for Cri-kee, Zurg (8 hr), Bronze Chest, Timothy (8 hr)(Dumbo Attraction (8 hr)

Which prince for dumbo's ear hat?
And which of zurg's 8hr tasks?

Thanks for posting this info!

ETA... just realized it won't matter if I send them on the tasks now since I'll have to clear the curse first. Lol. Oh well.

Which prince for dumbo's ear hat?
And which of zurg's 8hr tasks?

Thanks for posting this info!

ETA... just realized it won't matter if I send them on the tasks now since I'll have to clear the curse first. Lol. Oh well.

Valid questions!
Prince Charming - Accepting Visitors
Zurg - Play a Game

Dumbo is slotted in the last "storyline" position. So these tasks are the current "end of the story." All the Movies that come after are "Event" character groups.

Finally, got the Windows update. Freaked me out, because it started with the explaining the curse you get when you first download and install the game. But after this preview played, it did load my game correctly. But Windows players are almost a day behind. My IOS game, curse clears in 4ish hours. In Windows, I WAS 7 feathers away from finishing Anastasia. But now I need a ton of everything.
Ahhh. Got it. Thanks for catching that. Of course, that sounds like clarification that only the true Gameloft mole could provide...

But Windows players are almost a day behind. My IOS game, curse clears in 4ish hours. In Windows, I WAS 7 feathers away from finishing Anastasia. But now I need a ton of everything.
Not the case. I received my update late morning yesterday. The good thing is that the Tower Challenge doesn't start until tomorrow, and since Dumbo is permanent, there is no way to be a day behind. I've had events where the Windows update dropped literally with an hour or so to spare before the start of the event. This and Cinderella both happened a little earlier for me than most. See? Working at Gameloft does have its privileges. Wait, I've said too much...

If the Merlin attractions don't drop trophies or tokens, I have no need to actually buy them.

I think most of the Merlin attractions did drop trophies. I would image that would be Gameloft's lure for us to buy them. Can't say so for all of the attractions, but several do come to mind that count in the trophy events.

Last edited:

I seem to remember Davy Jones being an expensive gem character. I didn't get him until way he was introduced. I think he was actually needed for something down the line and I had the gems so... Sounds like Ringmaster will be the same.

I think most of the Merlin attractions did drop trophies. I would image that would be Gameloft's lure for us to buy them. Can't say so for all of the attractions, but several do come to mind that count in the trophy events.

Does Toy Story Mania drop trophies?

Does Toy Story Mania drop trophies?
I'm sure it's listed somewhere online, though I have never bothered to read the social media pages related to the game other than these forums. So I won't know until we have another of those super-annoying trophy events. Here's hoping that won't be for a very long time!

Timothy

Hmm. I don't seem to have a 4 hour task for these two. 12 hr and 24 hr, I have. Does it require a building? Or is it a typo, and it's actually 24 hours. I have been prepping my characters so once my curse unlocks the characters are already collecting

Hmm. I don't seem to have a 4 hour task for these two. 12 hr and 24 hr, I have. Does it require a building? Or is it a typo, and it's actually 24 hours. I have been prepping my characters so once my curse unlocks the characters are already collecting
Yep, sorry. My mistake. It's John with a tiny little Peter Pan face. Quick glance and I thought it was Michael.

Of course I used my 3m or whatever it was to open up that other land recently. Need about 80,000 more magic to open up this new tiny piece.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter