Chapter 3

Slot 1: Mickey, King Louis, The Ringmaster, Tia Dalma
I only have Mickey

Slot 2: Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Belle

Slot 3 Captain Hook, Peter Pan, Wendy Darling
I have none of these

Slot 4: Chip, Mrs Potts, Gaston, Lumiere
I have none of these

I guess I’ll be going for the attraction I don’t have and will forget about the rest. I’d rather focus on my story anyway

I think it's smart to go for what you know you can get, and then just focus on the story line so you'll have more characters the next time. Honestly this is a ridiculous amount of work just to get one minor character (LeFou).

Sorry to see how many you are missing. How long have you been playing the game, Haley? Wondering how far back a new player would have to be to render these TC things totally hopeless of obtaining the new character. Or even to earn anything new at all.
I've been playing 350 days - Lilo and Stitch started right after I did so didn't get close to getting Stitch. Managed to get all the BH6 (next event).

I only have Mad Hatter for Alice and while I'm a bit further along than Hayley and have the PP characters and managed to get lucky and score most of the BatB characters in chests, most of them are on very low levels.

I have all the attractions and characters offered for the TC but because of the lack of helper characters I doubt I could get LeFou. As I said, I'll go 1 round and see how it goes but I suspect that this event will be completely useless for me. So I guess the answer to your question is about a year to not get anything out of a TC.

Edited to add - I got Mad Hatter, Beast, and ElasticGirl out of previous tower challenges so they are repeating the "featured" characters every few months which makes them less and less appealing. At least add someone else from the collection.

I think it's smart to go for what you know you can get, and then just focus on the story line so you'll have more characters the next time. Honestly this is a ridiculous amount of work just to get one minor character (LeFou).

Unless you have character completionist, who has every character. While I agree he’s a minor character and 500 gems is a rediculous amount for the RingMaster, not having them would bug me more. Like I’ve said numerous times, leave the TC like it is, warts and all, but make LeFou permanent content. That way you can do TC at whatever pace you want. Grind away and welcome him early or play casually and get him later. Would also let newer players not have to choose between characters/attractions they don’t have and LeFoe.

I know some will disagree with me, but o really like the fact characters items are back in chests and some offer 2x. I’ll take a character item over a decoration 10/10 times.

I'm just going to casually play the TC. I don't have the bolded characters. I just got the prompt to welcome Barbossa since I've been playing slowly through the regular storyline. Why? So I can even attempt to manage the events at the same time, but also because the magic requirements were so high. I've been building up magic and working slowly.

I won't get LaFou and that's a bummer, but it does take a LOT of pressure off.

Also, I've been playing since NBC. So a LONG time, but I never felt like I should have to rush through the storyline. It's permanent content so I felt like I could go slow and enjoy it.

Chapter 2

Slot 1: Flora, Rex, Woody, Merryweather

Slot 2: Buzz Lightyear, Eve, Zurg, Wall-E

Slot 3: Mike, Sully, Roz, Boo

Slot 4: Alice, Cheshire Cat, March Hare, Caterpillar, Queen of Hearts

Chapter 3

I have none of these

I'm just going to casually play the TC. I don't have the bolded characters. I just got the prompt to welcome Barbossa since I've been playing slowly through the regular storyline. Why? So I can even attempt to manage the events at the same time, but also because the magic requirements were so high. I've been building up magic and working slowly.

I won't get LaFou and that's a bummer, but it does take a LOT of pressure off.

Also, I've been playing since NBC. So a LONG time, but I never felt like I should have to rush through the storyline. It's permanent content so I felt like I could go slow and enjoy it.

Chapter 2

Slot 1: Flora, Rex, Woody, Merryweather

Slot 2: Buzz Lightyear, Eve, Zurg, Wall-E

Slot 3: Mike, Sully, Roz, Boo

Slot 4: Alice, Cheshire Cat, March Hare, Caterpillar, Queen of Hearts

Chapter 3

I have none of these

I have been playing 495 days now and playing casually frequently as time allowed but I still don’t have Wall-E, Boo, only one Alice In Wonderland character I got from chest, King Louis, Captain Hook, Gaston, Chip or Miss Potts but I will do what I can in TC. I did not get the Mayor but did get everything from last T C . I have been able to finish story line until Dumbo and level most characters to 7 or higher, many 10. Sometimes it works out and sometime not. Whatever I get!

Last edited:
Unless you have character completionist, who has every character. While I agree he’s a minor character and 500 gems is a rediculous amount for the RingMaster, not having them would bug me more. Like I’ve said numerous times, leave the TC like it is, warts and all, but make LeFou permanent content. That way you can do TC at whatever pace you want. Grind away and welcome him early or play casually and get him later. Would also let newer players not have to choose between characters/attractions they don’t have and LeFoe.

I know some will disagree with me, but o really like the fact characters items are back in chests and some offer 2x. I’ll take a character item over a decoration 10/10 times.

I understand wanting every character. But I was responding to the post of someone who isn't close to having every character. If I didn't have the ones I needed to send to the tower I wouldn't bother with trying to get LeFou. It's pretty frustrating to newer players, and I sympathize even if I'm not one of them.

I understand wanting every character. But I was responding to the post of someone who isn't close to having every character. If I didn't have the ones I needed to send to the tower I wouldn't bother with trying to get LeFou. It's pretty frustrating to newer players, and I sympathize even if I'm not one of them.

Got it! :thumbsup2

I also sympathize with newer players, and there is no way I could imagine starting over. When my niece started playing last fall, it really changed my views on parts of the game and soured me on a lot of things. Not being able to get much, if anything, for her first Tower Challange was really discouraging for her, especially since she always plays my game for me when she visits. Luckily she’s a very casual player and any accomplishment makes her happy noe. :rotfl:

As much as I can be down on the game, I don’t envy them having to deal with the mix of new and old players. Whatever they do, someone is gonna get the short end of the stick. It’s a problem most games have when they’re a few years old.

As much as I can be down on the game, I don’t envy them having to deal with the mix of new and old players. Whatever they do, someone is gonna get the short end of the stick. It’s a problem most games have when they’re a few years old.
One quick fix could be to simply not include event characters as a mandatory way of fully participating in this event. The characters could still be included as milestones to work for during the TC (which in turn would still entice players to buy chests for a chance at collecting the rest of the missing characters from that film set). But leave the featured characters as those from the main storyline. Sure, some players will not always be as far along as others. But these are still characters they always have a chance to obtain. Then if they want to throw in a gem character every now and again to reward tthose players who opted to get them, then great. But I for one refuse to acknowledge their so called growing pains when it means that they are taking a shortsighted approach.

Last edited:

Especially considering once we get thes Tower Challenge characters we usually then just complain about how much time/effort it takes to level them up be how wonderful it is to have them!

Especially considering once we get thes Tower Challenge characters we usually then just complain about how much time/effort it takes to level them up be how wonderful it is to have them!

The good news is, with each update they are “rebalancing” characters and jacking up item requirements, because I’m getting tired of people on this board complaining about it being to easy to level characters and want it to be more difficult. :thumbsup2

I just wish they would make the TC character permanent content, keep them as is and collect tokens to speed up the process.

I’m trying to think what they could do to get me more interested in participating in TC, since I have everything, other than LeFoe tokens? What if they created a special, or magical token that could be used on any character and we could spend our TC EC to buy them? Not sure how much things should cost, but Since each character has 3 item requirements maybe 1 magic token for the first, 2 for the second and 3 for the third? Not sure if this would make any sense, but it’s just something I came up with.

It looks like Cri-kee was 40,250EC. The Mayor, maybe 35,500. So a better chance for people to get LeFou and still sleep.

Better stock up on that sweet cocoa. While there may be less total currency required, in order to get it, you had better hop you have close to a full set of characters. There are a lot that are only 4 characters deep, meaning you'll be using a lot of cocoa by the end.

Having a complete brain freeze on something. Do point totals for sending the 5 characters out for the Challange go up from chapter to chapter, or does is stay the same? Trying to figure out if my best bet is to use all my cocoa each chapter so I finish top 50 each chapter, or Make sure I save up extra hot cocoa for chapter 2 and 3 when we have less characters to use?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter