• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

Another thing I'll have to spend elixirs on instead of buying platinum chests to get the elusive racetrack (yes I know it's now useless, but the collectionist in me can't help it).

Android update hasn't dropped yet, and if it doesn't drop till tomorrow, I wonder if android users will show 2 days missed instead of the 1 IOS users are showing for the daily calendar (per previous posts).

I'd love to know what the basis of those % calculations for the chests are. I've opened well over 100 platinum chests, most of them with no tokens available to get in them, trying for zootopia racetrack and I still don't have it. That seems like far less than the 2.86% they are stating.
But the Android update DID drop. Downloaded it today at around 9:30. Not sure why you're not seeing it.

Why am I shown as missing a day already? And the second I have to “recover”. What the heck?? Just got the update today?

I think everybody started with Day 2 with the option to "recover" Day 1. However, it switched to Day 3 for me at 5PM MST. If it's the same for everyone, Day 2 only lasted several hours not a full 24 hour cycle.

I think everybody started with Day 2 with the option to "recover" Day 1. However, it switched to Day 3 for me at 5PM MST. If it's the same for everyone, Day 2 only lasted several hours not a full 24 hour cycle.

Well that’s crap! Should start when you download the update.

There seems to be some issues. My calendar gave me today’s magic this morning, and I just logged in for the first time since this morning and the calendar just gave me the 5 gems for tomorrow’s reward.

Any thoughts as to whether or not Hook is worth all those gems? My gem count is much lower now thanks to Grumpy (I'm sure that is what the interns intended when they cooked up that evil plan.)

Didn't know that there about the Jolly Roger through Merlin. Just picked it up with my otherwise useless elixirs. And with 800+ gems, I might as well just welcome Hook too, at this point. I am NOT parting with fifteen bucks.

I'm still on the fence about paying all the gems, but I'll probably cave in at some point and get Hook. No way is he worth $15 to me.

I am glad those elixirs will be useful again.
The only way I am getting Hook is with gems, they are not getting my money either, it will be $20+ AUD, now if only I had the update!

Me, too. Gems all the way if I get him. Yeah, I pretty much cleaned out my elixirs this morning getting that ride. Better than gems at least.

Hopefully it's not the same crap they stick on those god-awful dry cupcakes at the subpar Be Our Guest retaurant.
Hmmmm....what you are describing sounds an awful lot like fondant-quite possibly the most horrific substance ever used to decorate cakes with. Has consistancy of play doh and tastes like(expletive). Oh no..I really hope my brain isnt half fondant......

Didn't know that there about the Jolly Roger through Merlin. Just picked it up with my otherwise useless elixirs. And with 800+ gems, I might as well just welcome Hook too, at this point. I am NOT parting with fifteen bucks.

I don’t see the Jolly Roger in Merlin’s shop? Or will it show up once I complete the jungle book I assume? I feel so dumb with this update lol. Hopefully I’m just tired and ready for bed.

I've already gotten 25 gems today, LOL... 5 gems from this morning's parade + 5 gems from day 2 reward + 2 gems from 2 extra ad videos after the update this morning + 2 gems from ad videos just now regular ad time + 6 gems from character upgrades + 5 gems from tonight's parade = 25 gems

Now why can't every day be like this one? :(

Last edited:
There seems to be some issues. My calendar gave me today’s magic this morning, and I just logged in for the first time since this morning and the calendar just gave me the 5 gems for tomorrow’s reward.

That sounds correct. Based on the timer in the calendar, a new day begins at midnight GMT (7 pm on the US east coast).

The gem and chest videos reset everyday at 7pm ET as well, so the new calendar timing aligns with that schedule, which I think actually makes it easier by being more consistent. It's just that the sudden change makes the first day awkward until everyone gets up and running.

Other than the pixie dust, I have had zero drops for Wendy today. The fact that I'm still collecting for a bunch of Snow White characters probably isn't helping. I'm not getting Hook - other than Pluto, I never buy the storyline gem characters. I'd rather save up my gems for the next event.

Why am I shown as missing a day already? And the second I have to “recover”. What the heck?? Just got the update today?

Mine was like that too. I updated a couple hours ago. The first day was past. The second day on the calendar I could recover but that had today’s date. I have already collected the prize for the 25th.

Has anyone else only gotten only 5 gems for day 3 reward (even tho it's only day 2) today stead if the 20 it says we get?

I think the 20 gems is for checking in for three days in a row. The is different from the prize for day three.

I've already gotten 45 gems today, LOL... 5 gems from this morning's parade + 5 gems from day 2 reward + 20 gems from 3 day streak + 2 gems from 2 extra ad videos after the update this morning + 2 gems from ad videos just now regular ad time + 6 gems from character upgrades + 5 gems from tonight's parade = 45 gems

Now why can't every day be like this one? :(

Wow. Now why can't I ever get the "good" bugs? :rotfl:

Other than the pixie dust, I have had zero drops for Wendy today. The fact that I'm still collecting for a bunch of Snow White characters probably isn't helping. I'm not getting Hook - other than Pluto, I never buy the storyline gem characters. I'd rather save up my gems for the next event.

I'm doing slightly better, with one each of her items (and all the pixie dust I need). So not really making any progress here either. I also haven't splurged with the gems and bought Hook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter