Disney Magic Kingdoms

Didn't know that there about the Jolly Roger through Merlin. Just picked it up with my otherwise useless elixirs. And with 800+ gems, I might as well just welcome Hook too, at this point. I am NOT parting with fifteen bucks.

Didn't know that there about the Jolly Roger through Merlin. Just picked it up with my otherwise useless elixirs. And with 800+ gems, I might as well just welcome Hook too, at this point. I am NOT parting with fifteen bucks.

I am glad those elixirs will be useful again.
The only way I am getting Hook is with gems, they are not getting my money either, it will be $20+ AUD, now if only I had the update!

I've just noticed that they've added the odds of getting each item in the chest rewards section. Presumably this is to comply with the new App store requirements. For the Zootopia Racetrack, the odds are 2.86% lol

Believe it or not....Those are better odds than mine are for getting Splash Mountain at 1.16%. :headache:

No update available for me in Google Play yet.

I didn't get the prompt in iOS. I had to turn my phone completely off....the update showed up as soon as I powered back up.

Maybe the lunar outfits are part of the week-long event that begins tomorrow?? Although, the lunar new year isn't until Feb 16th.

Pixie dust :tinker:for everyone entering Neverland territory. I got Captain Hook and Jolly Roger. I knew I was stockpiling elixirs for some reason!

Not great odds are they. I guess the more possible drops you have available from a chest, the lower the odds are of any particular item dropping. But at least now we know, and can set our expectations appropriately!

Its about time, we deserve to know. I checked the frozen chests out of interest even though I have all the characters, was surprised to see 80% chance for useless magic, 80% chance for the least happiness and 25% chance for a frozen fountain. Cant see these chests being as profitable now. Maybe they will need to implement a new way to offer previous characters in the future.

Since the new rewards calendar has a countdown on it, does that mean the new day starts at the same time every day?

Before it would move later and later depending on when I collected the reward. Eventually, it would pop up during the night, so I would have to wait until the next morning.

Just concerned about ‘missing’ a day, but if it starts at the same time every day regardless of when you collect; then that shouldn’t be a problem. Guess we will find out in a couple of hours!

Edit to add: I waited almost an hour after the timer would have run out. Collected the reward and the timer showed 23hrs 5 minutes. So it is the same time every day!

Last edited:
Sorry Wendy, you need to wait Baloo and Bagheera have other business to attend to. Who would have guessed that the jungle book characters would be useful!! And apparently POC too for Hook, didnt see that coming. Also where are our gems for completing the Peter Pan set, you cant leave it as it was when it was just Tink and we got a measly amount of gems for getting 1 free character of Peter Pan- one character isnt a set anyhow. You changed it and you want 550 gems or money for Hook, this should mean we get rewarded for completing a real set.

Decisions Decisions, use my 550 gems on Hook who is always available, or wait until the next event and possibly get 2 characters that if I dont get in time my only option might be unrealistic expectations of them dropping from gem/money chests. No brainer.

Last edited:
That's better than my odds of getting Splash Mountain, which says "less than 1%" (not much better, but a smidgen better).
?

Interesting...

Wonder if it is because I have no character tokens to earn in platinum chests presently??? Shere Kahn and Queen are both ready and waiting to be leveled....no tokens needed.

Do you still need character tokens given by platinum chests?

Wonder if it is because I have no character tokens to earn in platinum chests presently??? Shere Kahn and Queen are both ready and waiting to be leveled....no tokens needed.
Ah yes, that must be it. I do need the Queen's token. That would make sense (I suppose all of the odds should sum to 100% for each chest). Regardless, I guess that means getting Splash Mtn is pretty unlikely...:sad:

PSA. Today's gem award was just available for me in my Calendar, but there wasn't a popup like we used to get. So remember to actually click into the calendar to collect it. Tomorrow's award shows a bronze chest.

Another thing I'll have to spend elixirs on instead of buying platinum chests to get the elusive racetrack (yes I know it's now useless, but the collectionist in me can't help it).

Android update hasn't dropped yet, and if it doesn't drop till tomorrow, I wonder if android users will show 2 days missed instead of the 1 IOS users are showing for the daily calendar (per previous posts).

I'd love to know what the basis of those % calculations for the chests are. I've opened well over 100 platinum chests, most of them with no tokens available to get in them, trying for zootopia racetrack and I still don't have it. That seems like far less than the 2.86% they are stating.

Why am I shown as missing a day already? And the second I have to “recover”. What the heck?? Just got the update today?

I don’t think i read your post Saturday. I would say great minds think alike but I don’t want to add insult to mistaken clonery since my brain is made up half mush, half bricklike material and half healthy functioning grey matter
Hopefully it's not the same crap they stick on those god-awful dry cupcakes at the subpar Be Our Guest retaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter