Disney MagicMobile Service is Here!

the thing I dislike about this, is that we will be traveling from Canada, I've heard wifi at Disney is very unreliable, to add a US data package to our phones for length of stay is VERY expensive (our phone plans are a joke compared to what you guys get in the states) and you get very little data, so that worries me!

This is exactly why I absolutely hate things that require a phone.

There had better be other options always available...DH is one of those who refuses to get a smart anything. He does pay-as-you-go for his old flip phone that hardly can get a text. :sad2:

I called apple, and this is the exact issue for me. The new update is bigger than the space left on my series 3, so my options are to unpair and re-pair the watch (which they'll walk me through) or...get a new one lol. But lacking space for OS updates seems to be an existing issue with series 3 watches. In any case, they said it should be resolved once the update is installed.

For anyone having issues, apple support over the phone was amazing. Spoke to a person in less than 30 seconds of them calling me (which was immediately after I filled out the form). I prefer someone over the phone instead of chat, but I know chat works well too!

I'll likely try the unpair/re-pair process later after work. Support said it could be as fast as five minutes, or take as long as an hour. But I'll update if and when I do!
Yep, got home and got the update installed and now I’m good to go!

So I have all four of my family's passes in my Apple Wallet and I have Express Pass activated. Will I be able to just simply scan my phone and my entire group will be able to walk in? Or will I have to scan my phone 4 times?

So I have all four of my family's passes in my Apple Wallet and I have Express Pass activated. Will I be able to just simply scan my phone and my entire group will be able to walk in? Or will I have to scan my phone 4 times?
You can just tap for yourself, but open up the wallet and scan each other one individually. That's how I understand it at least

I have a similar question. When setting up passes for me and my kids (who I manage), I think it defaulted to a check-mark next to my name on the Express Pass set-up screen. But now I'm wondering whether I clicked my son by mistake because his pass appears first on my Apple Watch (but not on my phone). Does anyone know if it displays your passes in alphabetical order within Wallet on Apple Watch?

Sorry if this has been asked already but I couldn't wade through all the comments.

Our family of five has ONE MDE account and I manage everyone's stuff. We will all have iPhone's when we visit WDW in July/August.

Can each of us download the MDE app and log into the SAME MDE account and create their own individual MagicMoble ticket on their phone? If so, that could be really convenient to eliminate the need for Magic Bands. (I don't wan't to start making four more new MDE accounts just for this)

Dan

Sorry if this has been asked already but I couldn't wade through all the comments.

Our family of five has ONE MDE account and I manage everyone's stuff. We will all have iPhone's when we visit WDW in July/August.

Can each of us download the MDE app and log into the SAME MDE account and create their own individual MagicMoble ticket on their phone? If so, that could be really convenient to eliminate the need for Magic Bands. (I don't wan't to start making four more new MDE accounts just for this)

Dan

You should be able to share each person’s pass via imessages in the MDE app. Go to the Magic Mobile section in the app and there should be an option to ‘select passes to share.’ Then you can text each individual their pass and they can add it to their mobile wallet to use on their devices.

Thanks! This makes sense to me for the kids. Is there any benefit to sharing your pass with your wife (or your wife sharing hers with you)?
I always have a spare MagicBand for my entire family on me for setting up rider switch or if someone loses their band. Having my wife's pass on my phone would allow me to use that to set up rider switch, but really I'll probably keep carrying a band for each of them. I now use the MagicKeepers and have the 3 pucks from their bands on a retractable badge holder. Super easy to scan when needed, and I put them in my back pocket normally.

You should be able to share each person’s pass via imessages in the MDE app. Go to the Magic Mobile section in the app and there should be an option to ‘select passes to share.’ Then you can text each individual their pass and they can add it to their mobile wallet to use on their devices.

Thanks!

If I do it that way, do you know if they will be able to use the ticket without having to open or wake up their phone each time?

Dan

Thanks!

If I do it that way, do you know if they will be able to use the ticket without having to open or wake up their phone each time?

Dan
Not sure, but I assume it would be the same for them as when you did your own pass. I believe that feature is from Apple, not Disney, so their individual phones will treat their pass as unique and not a shared pass from you.

Thanks!

Dan
After they’ve received their passes and put them into their wallets, have them tap on the pass to bring it up, then tap on the three dots in the upper right to flip it over. Scroll all the way down and make sure Express Mode is enabled (green). That makes the pass available without having to open or wake their phones.

I know it just became live yesterday but wondering if anyone has actually had a chance to use it yet at a park? We're going in mid-May this year. I installed it on my iPhone 8 wallet (no issue on install) and plan to test it out on our trip, but I also plan to have MagicBands on my wrist too. I guess the next thing on my mind would be, I wonder if wearing a MagicBand and having this MagicMobile active on your phone at the same time will cause the tapstyles to be confused? I have no worries about Disney abandoning old methods of park access. You can still get plastic card park tickets for free and Disney makes way too much money on MagicBands to stop using them now in place of a virtual card in a phone wallet that they give out for free. I see this as just another option for park access and convenience.

While it is true that Magic Bands have not been eliminated AND it's true there is nothing in the official articles that say they ever will be, it appears likely that is a long term direction.

How long? My guess is at least a few years. Maybe 5 or more.

I mean - would EVERYONE in your party 3 and up need a phone like they need a Magic Band? Even when they roll out to Android, a family with 3 kids in grade school would need to have a phone for each? Or set up each kids on a parent's phone? Which means the child would have to be with THAT parent? What about if you travel with grandparents?

"Sorry - you can't go to the park with Aunt/.Uncle/Friend's mom or dad /whoever because you are not set up on their phone!!"

And as many have already mentioned - none of this mentions the need to recharging the phones in the park.

Many say that more options are better. But c'mon - do you really think Disney wen through the expense of developing and rolling this out just to give more options?

Though I suppose they were subsidized by Apple.

The Magic Bands work beautifully. So simple (and relatively cheap). An Apple watch would work just as well. But not relatively cheap - especially for a family.

Can you just use the actual ticket to get in or do you have to have either an Apple device or magic band?
How do you even get a magic band? I bought my tickets through varsity cheer and I will recieve a ticket card from the check-in when I arrive. They emailed me a confirmation number so I could get reservations and I have the app and 5 people's reservations on my app. I was hoping everyone could hold their own ticket cards and get in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter