Disney MagicMobile Service is Here!

I was able to set mine up with no issues. iPhone 12 Pro and Apple Watch Series 6 running WatchOS 7.3.3. I noticed when I went into the settings/details/whatever screen on the card in my Wallet, it has “ANNUAL” listed under Affiliation. I am REALLY hoping that means it will eliminate the need to carry my physical AP card to receive discounts. (Mostly because I’m prone to forgetting it a lot.)
I always show the "Memberships & Passes" screen under "My Profile" in the MDE mobile app to get any applicable discount. That screen shows my Annual Pass and it's expiration date. It also shows that I'm a DVC Member.

If you have too many payment cards in your Apple Wallet already you won't be able to add a MagicMobile pass. The limit on my iPhone 11 is 12 passes, some older phones had a limit of 8. The MagicMobile pass appears to go in with the payment cards which is subject to the limit of 12, other passes like airline boarding passes, loyalty cards, etc go in a separate bucket that either isn't limited or has a much higher limit. This is apparently due to the storage limit on the Secure Element of the iPhone.

I guess I'll either have to do delete a few payment cards or not have my family's MagicMobile passes stored on my phone.

I always show the "Memberships & Passes" screen under "My Profile" in the MDE mobile app to get any applicable discount. That screen shows my Annual Pass and it's expiration date. It also shows that I'm a DVC Member.
I screen shot that and make it a favorite so it's at the top of my library. That helps when the app is slow to load or the network isn't working great.

Make sure you’re running the most up to date WatchOS, which is 7.3.3, just came out this week. Mine installed MM very quickly, but I have a 5.

I'll try that when I get home tonight. I see the update available, but can't install until it's on the charger. Thanks!

I called apple, and this is the exact issue for me. The new update is bigger than the space left on my series 3, so my options are to unpair and re-pair the watch (which they'll walk me through) or...get a new one lol. But lacking space for OS updates seems to be an existing issue with series 3 watches. In any case, they said it should be resolved once the update is installed.

For anyone having issues, apple support over the phone was amazing. Spoke to a person in less than 30 seconds of them calling me (which was immediately after I filled out the form). I prefer someone over the phone instead of chat, but I know chat works well too!

I'll likely try the unpair/re-pair process later after work. Support said it could be as fast as five minutes, or take as long as an hour. But I'll update if and when I do!

Wow, thanks. Didn’t realize you could do that. I learned a thing today!

Can some help me understand how sharing mobile passes works (and why you would want to do this)? Also, do you have to be enrolled in Apple Pay for this to work?

I called apple, and this is the exact issue for me. The new update is bigger than the space left on my series 3, so my options are to unpair and re-pair the watch (which they'll walk me through) or...get a new one lol. But lacking space for OS updates seems to be an existing issue with series 3 watches. In any case, they said it should be resolved once the update is installed.

For anyone having issues, apple support over the phone was amazing. Spoke to a person in less than 30 seconds of them calling me (which was immediately after I filled out the form). I prefer someone over the phone instead of chat, but I know chat works well too!

I'll likely try the unpair/re-pair process later after work. Support said it could be as fast as five minutes, or take as long as an hour. But I'll update if and when I do!

I had to do this with a prior software upgrade on my Series 3 and it took awhile (almost as if it was setting it up for the first time) but I haven’t had any issues since even with subsequent upgrades.

I also was able to easily to install my pass on my watch as well as my two daughters’. They’ll probably want to wear their MBs since they like wearing them and don’t have Apple Watches. But it’s a good backup plan in case they run into issues and I’m with them.

I assume mine is the only “express pass” (i.e. the one that works without the phone or watch being “on”). MDE doesn’t have a designation after setting them all up but I seem to remember asking me if I wanted to have mine be the express pass when I went through the initialization process. For others who have multiple passes on their phone/watch is that your understanding as well?

Can some help me understand how sharing mobile passes works (and why you would want to do this)? Also, do you have to be enrolled in Apple Pay for this to work?

My kids (6 and 3) are set up under my MDE as plans managed by me. I can add their MagicMobile passes to my phone. I would want to share those passes with my wife so that she could have them on her phone too. In reality though we will just keep using MagicBands for the kids, it will be way more convenient than getting the phone out, bringing up the wallet, and switching to the correct pass. I can see the convenience of tapping my watch though for my own pass.

Technology dunce here..

I set up Magicmobile and see our passes in Applewallet. In “Tickets and Passes” in MDE I see our park tickets. And in “My plans” in MDE I see our park passes for specific dates.

So when we go to our first park we just scan the Magicmobile passes from Applewallet at the entrance?

I bought our tickets with gift cards and I think it said something about bringing the used gift card, ID, etc to enter the first time. Is that still needed?

Make sure you’re running the most up to date WatchOS, which is 7.3.3, just came out this week. Mine installed MM very quickly, but I have a 5.
Thank you! I was having problems and upgrading my WatchOS did the trick!

I am pleased that it will work without me tapping into my watch :)
C05F64FA-32A3-4B6A-ADD0-08D16CCC39EF.png

My kids (6 and 3) are set up under my MDE as plans managed by me. I can add their MagicMobile passes to my phone. I would want to share those passes with my wife so that she could have them on her phone too. In reality though we will just keep using MagicBands for the kids, it will be way more convenient than getting the phone out, bringing up the wallet, and switching to the correct pass. I can see the convenience of tapping my watch though for my own pass.
Thanks! This makes sense to me for the kids. Is there any benefit to sharing your pass with your wife (or your wife sharing hers with you)?

I'm wondering if this will work at the parking plaza for those of us who have an AP. Now I pull out my AP card (or MB, but I really never use one) and my photo ID when I come to the toll plaza.

I'm wondering if this will work at the parking plaza for those of us who have an AP. Now I pull out my AP card (or MB, but I really never use one) and my photo ID when I come to the toll plaza.
That would be wonderful! I get out my AP and ID also when staying offsite. It would be lovely if they could just scan my phone or Apple Watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter