Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Secondly, Chapek said that live entertainment continues to be restricted, 'because we don't want our guests to feel an excessive level of density.'" Wait, what?! In my perspective, more live entertainment would help with the crowd density!
Uh and what about the MK fireworks crowd. I don’t think it can possibly be more dense than that!
He is so full of it.

Excessive density?? Has he seen Main Street during fireworks? Not a "live actor" anywhere.

Hogwash.
To be fair, if you review all his comments from the call, he was speaking about entertainment with predominantly live performers (such as the parades), not the fireworks shows. And I'm not sure if it was just this poor writing in this article's summary of the call or if Chapek misspoke about density, but he went on to explain exactly what @bsmcneil is suggesting, that more live entertainment would help reduce the density in other parts of the parks (but that they don't have that entertainment right now and, thus, are restricting capacity to some extent).

Personally, I am not a huge fan of the live entertainment, but I love how it draws crowds away from the ride attraction lines!

New Disney Kart Racing Game ‘Disney Speedstorm’ coming soon!

Gameloft, a leader in the development and publishing of games, is thrilled to announce Disney Speedstorm, a new cross-playable arcade racing experience, unveiled during today’s Nintendo Direct. Players race and battle each other on stunning tracks inspired by Disney and Pixar films, mastering each racer’s unique skills to claim victory. Developed by Gameloft Barcelona, home to the Asphalt series, Disney Speedstorm is slated to launch free-to-play on PC and consoles in 2022.

The Walt Disney Company Employment Numbers Slide to Pre-2016 Levels, Building Back in 2022

According to filings by Disney, here’s a look at employment numbers for the company as a whole over the past few years:

• 2021: 190,000
  • 2020: 203,000
  • 2019: 223,000
  • 2018: 201,000
  • 2017: 199,000
  • 2016: 195,000
  • 2015: 185,000
Once COVID panic set in nationally, the parks shut down, Disney stores shut down and shuttered and the theatres shut down with everything else, and as a result CMs were going to lose jobs. Then, between Disney not recalling CMs and CMs not wanting to return to (or trust) a hospitality industry that was shut down, I'm just not that surprised by these figures. My best buddy, pre COVID, was self-employed in the hospitality world. He flew everywhere in the world, multiple times. Before hitting 45, he was in Delta's super-duper mile program with over 3 million miles.

Once COVID-19 hit, he lost his business and now does sales for hospice care equipment, supplies and materials. He's never going back to hospitality because he cannot trust he'll have a business or work. I don't think he's alone.

New Disney Kart Racing Game ‘Disney Speedstorm’ coming soon!

Gameloft, a leader in the development and publishing of games, is thrilled to announce Disney Speedstorm, a new cross-playable arcade racing experience, unveiled during today’s Nintendo Direct. Players race and battle each other on stunning tracks inspired by Disney and Pixar films, mastering each racer’s unique skills to claim victory. Developed by Gameloft Barcelona, home to the Asphalt series, Disney Speedstorm is slated to launch free-to-play on PC and consoles in 2022.

Excited to see a potentially decent new cart racer may be coming for folks who don't have a Switch. Basically Mario Cart was the only game in town for years and that was a Nintendo exclusive. Crash Team Racing was great, but that was just a remaster.

Not sure I like the idea of a free-to-play model though. That could mean that either we'll get a watered down product, or fun game with all the cool stuff locked behind a pay wall. I'd rather just pay the $40-60 upfront and have a fun game from the start.

Not sure I like the idea of a free-to-play model though. That could mean that either we'll get a watered down product, or fun game with all the cool stuff locked behind a pay wall. I'd rather just pay the $40-60 upfront and have a fun game from the start.

I was kind of shocked to see free to play as well, but like you mentioned, it will probably be a charge to upgrade or customize your race car. My DS has Mario Kart, and although it’s fun to play, it’s not really what I’m into. I’ll be skipping this one.

Trams returning to Disneyland on Feb. 23

The trams will run from before park opening until after the parks close each day without any mask or social distancing requirements, according to Disney officials

“At Walt Disney World, only Magic kingdom has parking lot trams in operation. All other parks are scheduled to have their trams return sometime in the next 324 days, according to Disney.” - Blog Mickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter