Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah, when did it go up in price? I must have missed that somewhere.

I read it to mean if you want all 4 parks included… but I guess not. 😯

ETA: just looked at the original AK announcement and it was offered at Magic Kingdom for $50 each session and included up to eight guests as well.

Last edited:
Interactive TVs Coming to Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts Guest Rooms

Availability at additional Walt Disney World Resorts in the future, including Disney's Beach Club Resort Villas.

What's new about this system?
This new, interactive television system will personalize the in-room TV experience by welcoming Guests upon arrival. Guests can also enjoy streaming in their room with complimentary Disney content and connectivity for their personal device to stream their subscribed content (Disney+, Hulu, etc.). Standard channels, park hours, resort amenities and information are also available.

What devices are supported?
Smart phones, tablets and laptops are supported to stream to the TV. Only content from Chromecast-enabled apps (mirroring is not supported) can be sent to the TV.

Will Guests be "logged out" of their accounts (subscription services) upon check-out?
Yes. Guest credentials and Connect My Device pairings will be cleared upon each check-out. Guests will use their personal devices to log into any subscription services, so information is not stored in the system.

This is much needed in hotel rooms across the board! I still can't believe Disney doesn't put a free trial of Disney+ in every room and then provide an incentive subscription for those interested upon check-out. It seems like a no-brainer to me!

This is much needed in hotel rooms across the board! I still can't believe Disney doesn't put a free trial of Disney+ in every room and then provide an incentive subscription for those interested upon check-out. It seems like a no-brainer to me!

Honestly I think each Disney Resort should have Disney+ on the TV's automatically. It's kind of ridiculous that they don't.

Yep ... I would have expected free D+, Hulu, and ESPN + in the rooms with the ability to login to your accounts (if you have one) to link to watchlists.

Yes! Thanks! I updated my above post to add that! I looked up AK’s original announcement. That’s a big increase!
I looked at it when I was booking extras within the last month (for March trip) saw it was $50 and was shocked. I debated ordering it for my daughter‘s 13th, just for fun at that price. I wasn’t even thinking about it until I saw $50. I ended up deciding against it, but definitely was $50 very recently.

We did it in June and it was amazing for $50. I would probably still do it for $79. We walked away with >100 pictures.
Same here. We used it as a graduation photo shoot in June for my daughter and her best friend. Considering how much photo shoots cost at home, I would definitely pay the $79 again even for a family shoot, especially since we already have the photo package with our annual passes. It was amazing how many different pictures they took and they even brought props!

I don't love the thought of the other parks as much as MK just because the castle pictures we got are so classic, but one of my daughters is in the Disney College Program in EPCOT right now so this might be cool for us to do right before she ends her term this summer.

Capture Your Moment Coming Soon to All Walt Disney World Theme Parks

EPCOT – Available beginning Feb. 24

Whether you’re celebrating something special – such as a proposal, first visit, graduation or anniversary – or want to get the entire family in front of the camera to take creative family portraits, EPCOT’s World Showcase is the perfect photo backdrop!

You can choose one of the following pavilions for your photoshoot: Germany, Italy, the American Adventure, Japan or Morocco. Click here to book online now and learn more.

Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Available beginning March 21

Disney’s Hollywood Studios is the perfect stage for you to be the star of a Capture Your Moment session!

You can head down to the Hollywood Tower Hotel to take photos around its eerie grounds, capture playful photos with Gertie (Echo Lake’s resident dinosaur), get up close with the incredible details of the Chinese Theatre’s façade, or use the colorful neon signs and art deco architecture of Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard to evoke the golden age of Tinseltown.

At all four theme parks, each Capture Your Moment session is $79 and can include up to eight guests.

* For additional information, click link above!

Well, that's a hefty price increase, it used to be $50 for 20 minutes.

Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade Debuting Today at Magic Kingdom Park

As previously announced, a new cavalcade is coming to the Magic Kingdom Park! The new Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade will be performed along the parade route starting today (Friday, February 11), featuring the most characters of any cavalcade to date, including:
  • Nick and Judy from Zootopia
  • Baloo and King Louie from The Jungle Book
  • José Carioca and Panchito from The Three Caballeros
  • Miguel from Coco
  • Merida from Brave
  • Moana from Moana
  • The Incredibles
This cavalcade will be appearing daily at 11:25 a.m., 2:25 p.m., 4:00 p.m., and 5:50 p.m.

Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade Debuting Today at Magic Kingdom Park

As previously announced, a new cavalcade is coming to the Magic Kingdom Park! The new Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade will be performed along the parade route starting today (Friday, February 11), featuring the most characters of any cavalcade to date, including:
  • Nick and Judy from Zootopia
  • Baloo and King Louie from The Jungle Book
  • José Carioca and Panchito from The Three Caballeros
  • Miguel from Coco
  • Merida from Brave
  • Moana from Moana
  • The Incredibles
This cavalcade will be appearing daily at 11:25 a.m., 2:25 p.m., 4:00 p.m., and 5:50 p.m.

Quoting myself…

PHOTOS, VIDEO: Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade Debuts at Magic Kingdom

*Click link for additional photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter