Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

It's my husband's favorite location! We both just love it. And you'll be able to get beignets whenever you want!!!

Only reason I havent been staying there is because pop has the skyline.
It's my husband's favorite location too. We love the boat to Disney Springs and beignets (not to mention the gumbo). Right now I have Pop booked for the skyliner too (and Residence Inn)...there may be four of us in the room if our adult sons join us and I'm little nervous the Pop room will be too tight, hence the Residence Inn, where we have a suite booked...I'm very torn. Just looked at Caribbean Beach too and the Visa rate is great for our stay but still more than the two places I have booked....decisions, decisions....

Has anyone done the Rose and Crown Fireworks Package since they started Luminious?

Working on our list of dining for our trip and wondering if with R&C's now very limited menu, what people think of spending the money for this? ( $95 per person for app, entree, dessert, unliminted beverages. )

At one time long ago it was a favorite, but now it's a shadow of what it once was. But with the fireworks view, meal and unlimited beverages, just thought I'd ask. Thinking it's not worth it, but wondering if others have heard anything.

My family and I just did this the week before Christmas.

Is it "worth" it? Probably not from a strict dollars and cents perspective. Although the portions are gigantic (I could barely eat half of my fish and chips entrée) and the booze is unlimited - and we were absolutely encouraged to linger after the show/park close as long as we wanted, which really surprised me. Our server also told us gratuity was included.

That being said, this was a splurge trip and I was happy to pay whatever to make our lives easier, so in that sense it was "worth it" to me.

The view of the show was perfect. And if you're not from a region that has a respectable UK pub, some of the specialty pours may be unique to you.

It's my husband's favorite location too. We love the boat to Disney Springs and beignets (not to mention the gumbo). Right now I have Pop booked for the skyliner too (and Residence Inn)...there may be four of us in the room if our adult sons join us and I'm little nervous the Pop room will be too tight, hence the Residence Inn, where we have a suite booked...I'm very torn. Just looked at Caribbean Beach too and the Visa rate is great for our stay but still more than the two places I have booked....decisions, decisions....
I have a teen and adult DD that DH and I typically travel with. I could see being nervous fitting 4 in Pop.

A Pop room def wouldn't work for us for more than a couple of days, A solo trip or with two of us has worked very well at Pop and All-Stars, but we did three of us once when DD was younger, maybe around 13, and it was a little tight.

I have a teen and adult DD that DH and I typically travel with. I could see being nervous fitting 4 in Pop.

A Pop room def wouldn't work for us for more than a couple of days, A solo trip or with two of us has worked very well at Pop and All-Stars, but we did three of us once when DD was younger, maybe around 13, and it was a little tight.
That's what I'm thinking too but it's good to hear it confirmed. I think if it ends up being just me and DH Pop will be fine but if my sons ever confirm they are coming, we may need to either stick with Residence Inn or stay in a moderate. Hopefully they can figure it out soon. They both want to go but both have big work projects right now that they're not sure they can take time off...

@Leigh L Thanks to your feedback, I checked the moderates for my dates and got a great rate at Caribbean Beach with the Disney Visa offer. I canceled Pop Century. Thank you so much for helping me make that decision!
I’m so glad you came to a decision and found a great rate!

Our family loved staying at CSR with enough room for all of us.

We’ve never stayed at CBR. I hope you all have an awesome time! 😊

Uh oh, I've been rather password-sharing happy. Lots of family members and even my hairstylist have profiles on my D+ account. Guess they'll have to get their own, lol.

My hairstylist has a Roku in her little salon studio and so I made her a D+ profile so we could watch the Mandalorian together while she did my hair, lol. She wanted to know what all the rage about Baby Yoda was about

So it's weird for us because Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ are included in our Verizon wireless package. My sons are on our Verizon account but we all log in with one password and separate profiles. Our sons don't live in our household but are still on our phone plan. I wonder if that will end up being blocked? Guess that will be a question for Verizon when the time comes.

Hulu is doing that too now, or has been, not sure of the timeline.
But kinda hate this as then what is the point of having it vs cable? Getting all these subscriptions is about the same cost. I like the subscriptions for when we travel, so are they saying we can't do that?
We canceled netflix b/c of that and also that they were increasing the prices but wanted to include ads.

So it's weird for us because Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ are included in our Verizon wireless package. My sons are on our Verizon account but we all log in with one password and separate profiles. Our sons don't live in our household but are still on our phone plan. I wonder if that will end up being blocked? Guess that will be a question for Verizon when the time comes.
There was a wording in the new contract that says something like unless part of your plan or something so I think that covers multiple households that may share a Verizon or other promotional deal as well as open the door for them to do like netflix and sell add ons for additional households

We also have Verizon and have the bundle through them.

Apologies if this was already posted, but I don't recall seeing it.

New Percy Jackson Exhibit Hits Walt Disney World

I have to plug this - it's a familial requirement as my niece plays Sally Jackson in this show and she's awesome! And I'm not the least bit biased, I swear :goodvibes . Well - maybe a little :).

That's cool! It was a good show - I am looking forward to seeing more.

Boo!! Hiss!!

https://deadline.com/2024/02/disney-original-movies-series-content-removal-emea-1235813461/

Disney+ Removes Original Movies & Series In EMEA
By Nellie Andreeva - Co-Editor-in-Chief, TV @DeadlineNellie February 3, 2024 - 12:23am PST

There has been another round of content removal from Disney+, this time in the EMEA region, which consists of Europe, the Middle East and Africa. More than 100 titles have been taken off this week, primarily Disney Channel original movies and vintage Disney live-action films, as well as a few series, including Zeke and Luther, Pepper Ann, So Random and the first three seasons of Nat Geo’s Genius.

According to sources, the takedowns were a result of a library title review. There have been several content purges at Disney+ over the last year amid cost-cutting, most notably the removal of a slew of original series last May.

Here is a list of the movie titles that are said to be gone from Disney+ in EMEA.

A Tale of Two Critters
America’s Heart and Soul
Angry Sky (ESPN)
Babes in Toyland (1961)
Believeland (ESPN)
Bride of Boogedy
Brink
Candleshoe (1977)
Catholics vs Convicts (ESPN)
Cheetah
Country Bears
Darby O’Gill and the Little People (1959)
Davy Crockett and the River Pirates (1956)
Deion’s Double Play (ESPN)
Den Brother
Disney’s The Kid
Disney100 | Special Look (What a dumb thing to remove!)
Doug’s First Movie
Emil and the Detectives
First Kid
Greyfriars Bobby: The True Story of a Dog (1961)
Gus (1976)
Hacksaw
Hatching Pete
Heavyweights
Hello Dolly! (20th – One of only 3 legendary Rodgers and Hammerstein’s musicals on Disney+ left)
Horse Sense
In Search of Derrick Thomas (ESPN)
In the Greek (ESPN)
Just Morgan Had A Horse
Kings Ransom (ESPN)
Lolo (ESPN)
Lorenzo (Short) (Never arrived in USA after it left Netflix 2 years ago)
Max Keeble’s Big Move
Miracle at Midnight
Motocrossed
Mr. Magoo
North Korea: Fire and Fury (Nat Geo)
Pixel Perfect
Qualified (ESPN)
Read It and Weep
Recess: All Growed Down
Return from Witch Mountain (1978)
Richie Rich’s Christmas Wish
Right on Track
Roving Mars
Sacred Planet
Sammy, the Way-Out Seal (1962)
Shipwrecked
Shortsgiving with Big City Greens (Disney Channel)
Smart House
Snowball Express (1971)
Stepsister from Planet Weird
Stuck in the Suburbs
Sultan and the Rock Star (1980)
Swiss Family Robinson
Swiss Family Robinson (1940)
Swiss Family Robinson (1960)
Tall Tale: The Unbelievable Adventures of Pecos Bill
Teacher’s Pet
That Darn Cat
The Absent-Minded Professor (1961)
The Adventures of Bullwhip Griffin
The Adventures of Yellow Dog: Far from Home
The Apple Dumpling Gang (1975)
The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again (1979)
The Bears and I (1974)
The Birth of Big Air (ESPN)
The Biscuit Eater (1971)
The Boy Who Talked to Badgers (1975)
The Castaway Cowboy (1974)
The Cat from Outer Space
The Christmas Star
The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes
The Ghosts of Buxley Hall
The Gospel According to Mac (ESPN)
The Incredible Journey (1963)
The Island at the Top of the World (1974)
The Legend of Jimmy the Greek (ESPN)
The Million Dollar Duck
The Prince and the Pauper (1962)
The Reluctant Dragon
The Shaggy D.A. (1976)
The Shaggy Dog (1959)
The Strongest Man in the World (1975)
The Two Bills
The Ugly Dachshund (1966)
The Ultimate Christmas Present (One of the DCOMs that DIsney+ uploaded with a butchered aspect ratio)
The Vanishing Prairie (1956)
Third Man on the Mountain (1959)
Those Calloways (1965)
Trail of the Panda
Treasure of Matecumbe (1976)
Trojan War (ESPN)
True Life Adventures: Perri
True Life Adventures: Secrets of Life
Unidentified Flying Oddball
Up, Up, and Away
Yellowstone Cubs (1963)
You Lucky Dog
You Wish
Youngstown Boys (ESPN)
Zenon Girl of the 21st Century

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter