Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

They did do a nice job with the queue. My stepdad though, who is a contractor and installs windows and doors, was criticizing the window frames for having the transom at the top between the vertical boards. "Rain is going to get in between there!" 🤣 Yeah, it doesn't rain in here. Actually, I think he had the most fun just looking at the various doors that places have!

My father-in-law used to sell wood products and doors. He's always looking at the quality of doors :rotfl2: When doing the lights on tour of the recent Halloween house at HHN, the tour guide mentioned that her mom commented on the strength of the door that holds the body up with a knife in it the first time she saw the movie:rotfl:

I just saw an article that said the family that inspired princess and the frog was invited to ride Tiana’s during a media preview in mid-June. Not confirmed but we are there June 15-22. I was really hoping it would be open by then, but it is looking like it won’t be.

To be honest, Maelstrom was at best ok, nothing great. It was a go to mostly because it was so different from other attractions. What probably makes this most upsetting, the replacement is just not very good. What makes this less disappointing as a grandparent is that my grand kids love it. So I guess I will take Disney's advise and "Let it go".
I miss the movie after the ride the most IMO. My mom made my sister and I watch it every time we rode Maelstrom, but now I'm like the spirit of Norway lives on!

Oh, Maelstrom certainly lives on in my house because DH won't let it go either. He likes to quote it randomly. When he doesn't want to answer a question or talk about something, he goes "Well, you know what they say: Norway's spirit has always been—will always be—adventure!" Of course, that's not the answer I'm looking for... I don't press on anymore, I just roll my eyes

Oh, Maelstrom certainly lives on in my house because DH won't let it go either. He likes to quote it randomly. When he doesn't want to answer a question or talk about something, he goes "Well, you know what they say: Norway's spirit has always been—will always be—adventure!" Of course, that's not the answer I'm looking for... I don't press on anymore, I just roll my eyes
Don't ride Frozen with me, then. Every single time I ride it and the last drop is about to happen, I'm like "You’ll disappear. Disappear Disappear! Back! Back! Over the falls!"

I miss the movie after the ride the most IMO. My mom made my sister and I watch it every time we rode Maelstrom, but now I'm like the spirit of Norway lives on!
I don’t miss it. Especially back when they held you captive and couldn’t leave after the ride was over. You had to be pretty quick to join the exiting group to avoid it.🤣

I just saw an article that said the family that inspired princess and the frog was invited to ride Tiana’s during a media preview in mid-June. Not confirmed but we are there June 15-22. I was really hoping it would be open by then, but it is looking like it won’t be.
If I was a betting person I'd put money on a Juneteenth opening. They've invited Leah Chase and her family and it would all align nicely with their focus on Tiana and her African American roots.

Last edited:
Big (non-Disney) news from Japan: Donkey Kong area of USJ, originally scheduled to open sometime this Spring, now delayed until late this year. Curious as to what caused the delay, been very quiet over there and we don't have the benefit of a Bioreconstruct flying over regularly to provide updates.

Big (non-Disney) news from Japan: Donkey Kong area of USJ, originally scheduled to open sometime this Spring, now delayed until late this year. Curious as to what caused the delay, been very quiet over there and we don't have the benefit of a Bioreconstruct flying over regularly to provide updates.

I heard that Donkey Kong climbed up to the top of the construction site and keeps lobbing barrells at the workers. They sent for some Italian guy who is an expert on that kind of situation to come take care of it, but work is on hold until he arrives.

Last edited:
FIRST LOOK: Smellephants on Parade Arriving to Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park is about to get even more colorful as the installation of Smellephants on Parade presented by Scentsy has begun at Storybook Circus. Guests visiting the land will go on a brand-new, interactive search-and-sniff experience, perfect for noses of all ages! And today, I’m excited to share an exclusive first look as the first Smellephant has arrived in Storybook Circus!

This complimentary and voluntary experience will be available to guests of all ages next month. And while the Smellephants will be scattered throughout the Storybook Circus area, guests with sensitive sniffers are still welcome and able to enjoy this fun-filled land.
1713535963760.png

Attachments

• 1713535690877.png
    1713535690877.png
    1,007.6 KB · Views: 14
If I was a betting person I'd put money on a Juneteenth opening. They've invited Leah Chase and her family and it would all align nicely with their focus on Tiana and her African American roots.
I've heard this guess, but I've also heard that some think it is a bad move to equate that holiday with a ride. We will know soon I'm sure!

FIRST LOOK: Smellephants on Parade Arriving to Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park is about to get even more colorful as the installation of Smellephants on Parade presented by Scentsy has begun at Storybook Circus. Guests visiting the land will go on a brand-new, interactive search-and-sniff experience, perfect for noses of all ages! And today, I’m excited to share an exclusive first look as the first Smellephant has arrived in Storybook Circus!

This complimentary and voluntary experience will be available to guests of all ages next month. And while the Smellephants will be scattered throughout the Storybook Circus area, guests with sensitive sniffers are still welcome and able to enjoy this fun-filled land.
View attachment 853249
Omg I want to do this next we go!
We never get back into that part of the park so it will be an adventure 😁.

Just speculation, but I wonder if they are having issues with the coaster. I haven't seen or heard much about testing lately.

Just speculation, but I wonder if they are having issues with the coaster. I haven't seen or heard much about testing lately.
It is ummm... a very unorthodox design. I've seen testing vids in Orlando and it seemed slower than I would have expected it to run. But it's testing!

It is ummm... a very unorthodox design. I've seen testing vids in Orlando and it seemed slower than I would have expected it to run. But it's testing!
I have seen testing at both, but not a ton. Nothing like what we saw for Hagrid’s or Velocicoaster though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter