Disney Resorts to start charging parking fees....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that they are changing it from charging at the resorts to charging at the parks, but they have only updated the front page not the individual resorts pages so far

Does that mean our emails actually serve the purpose this time?? BTW resort parking fee and theme park parking fee, I would b fine with the later.

so, resort guests pay for parking at the resort AND at the theme park???
DVC get free parking at resort but pay for parking at parks unless a AP holder???

I'm confused.....:jester::charac4:

So that raises a question. If they removed the fee to park at your resort but made you pay $10 to park at theme parks how many would be upset with that?
Perfectly fine with me. We do not go to the parks every day, and have the option to use Disney transportation instead.

I do believe the resort parking fee is staying. They are updating the individual resort pages. I don't doubt that they will double bang customers with resort guests having to pay at the parks too.

It would be weird to charged for theme park parking as that MIGHT actually cause some people to not go to the theme park that day...instead staying at the resort to swim and not spend money or head off site for other entertainment.

I do believe the resort parking fee is staying. They are updating the individual resort pages. I don't doubt that they will double bang customers with resort guests having to pay at the parks too.

Universal Studios does that.. fee to park at resort and fee to park at theme park.

I think that would go over much better.
That's my take on it, they have heard the negative feedback, and are switching it around as it won't annoy people who have to take a car as much as they can leave the car at the hotel and use disney transport if they want to

Disney is sure in increase revenue mode admission increase,parking fee and now resort parking along with popcorn fee refill of .25 cents to $ 1.75.

Surprised they did not bother with a set resort parking fee for all but based on level of hotel.

Guess they figured since you pay more for room the same applies for parking rate.

Again at the moment it says (interesting in blue and super interesting in red):

Parking
A variety of parking options are available at Walt Disney World Resort, including preferred or standard parking at the theme parks and complimentary self-parking at Disney Springs, the water parks and all Resort hotels (for registered Guests). All parking fees include applicable tax.
Theme Parks

Guests pay one fee for a parking pass good all day at all 4 theme parks—Magic Kingdom park, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park. Our special preferred parking lots are located conveniently close to the theme park entrances.

• Preferred parking: car or motorcycle – $45 per day
  • Standard parking: car or motorcycle – $22 per day
  • Oversized Vehicle Parking: Shuttle, Limo, Camper Trailer, RV, Bus or Tractor Trailer - $27 per day
Passholder Parking Standard self-parking is complimentary for Annual Passholders, Premium Passholders and Disney Premier Passport holders.

Electric Vehicle Charging Stations For your convenience, a number of ChargePoint charging stations are now available in parking lots at Epcot, Disney’s Animal Kingdom park and Disney Springs. Arriving Guests may ask a Cast Member for directions to these charge ports, which are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

• Epcot: 4 stations at the front of the Journey Parking Lot
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park: 4 stations in the Medical Parking Lot
  • Disney Springs: 6 stations: 3 on the 5th floor of the Orange Garage and 3 on the 5th floor of the Lime Garage
To use this service, you will need a credit card or a pre-ordered ChargePoint card—available at chargepoint.com. The cost to charge at these stations is $0.35 per kilowatt hour, with a minimum service amount of $1.50. Charging will stop once the vehicle’s battery is fully charged. ChargePoint will “ping” the owners to alert them when their car is ready.

Water Parks
Standard parking at the water parks—Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Disney’s Blizzard Beach—is complimentary for all Guests.

Resort Hotels
Standard self-parking at Resort hotels is complimentary for Resort Guests. Valet parking is available at select Disney Deluxe Resorts for $25 per day.

Orlando area research conducted by Disney showed that 80 percent of the region's hotel properties already charge overnight parking fees.

80% of the region's hotel properties already charge overnight parking fees? I call bologna (on the numbers, not on the poster sharing this)! According to TripAdvisor, Orlando has 368 hotels. That means that 294 charge for overnight parking. There is absolutely no way that is accurate, especially when the 25+ Disney properties currently do not.

We normally stay off site. Our resort is one exit from Disney property, and we do not pay any parking fees. The range of included amenities top anything I have seen at any of the Disney hotels (we only stay Deluxe when on property), and the rates are fantastic. There are plenty of hotels/resorts in the immediate vicinity of Disney that do not charge anything for parking. I really wonder where the 80 percent number came from!

From the NY Times last week: Highs and Lows...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/06/travel/disney-springs-florida-restaurants.html

"HIGH: My hotel, water park included
I had my heart set on staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge or Polynesian Village inside Disney World, but both were sold out (word to the Disney-wise: plan way, way ahead). So I instead headed to Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites - Waterpark. It was considerably cheaper (though beware the daily resort and parking fees) and I laughed and laughed when I found out that their standard room, even for a solo traveler, is a 2-bedroom suite with a set of bunk beds. Every morning, I got to walk out of my luxuriously huge room and watch delighted kids flowing down the spirals of a massive orange and yellow water slide right out my window. I’d rebook in a second."

Kids Stay and Eat Free
Kids ages 19 and under stay for free when sharing their parents’ room. Up to four kids ages 12 and under eat free any time of the day in any Holiday Inn® on-site restaurant.

Starts at $152.night

So, Disney is going to not charge me $13/night for resort parking but now its going to charge me $22/day to park at the parks.

Cause that is even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter