Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I usually don’t make it more than 3-4 hours in the parks on my fall trip, and there have been many times I wasn’t sure I would make it back to the bus stop. If I didn’t need to space out my vacation time kind of evenly, I would only go from December through March. The boss wouldn’t like me taking a week off every month for a while though, so I make sure I pick a resort I really like since I spend more time there on that particular trip. I am kind of used to working around it by now.
It sounds like buses may still be a better option for you. Gondolas are available but from what we’ve heard the buses will still be available too. Each person must choose the transportation option that works best for them and their circumstances.

I usually don’t make it more than 3-4 hours in the parks on my fall trip, and there have been many times I wasn’t sure I would make it back to the bus stop. If I didn’t need to space out my vacation time kind of evenly, I would only go from December through March. The boss wouldn’t like me taking a week off every month for a while though, so I make sure I pick a resort I really like since I spend more time there on that particular trip. I am kind of used to working around it by now.
My son is like that (he is skipping our upcoming fall trip and last fall trip he optedfor extra resort time). I figure that moving on the gondola without AC will still be more comfortable than waiting in the bus line midday for him.

I think they took Friday and the weekend off due to the holiday. I did see workers out this morning installing coping on the new wall at France before the downpour started.
Makes sense. Hope we see the gondolas flying again tomorrow. Have there been CMs in the stations when they’re testing or were they just there that one day?

Okay, but you have to promise not wear yours when I wear mine. ;) I actually bought two - the other is the seagulls from Nemo, but instead of saying "mine, mine, mine" they are saying "wine, wine, wine" :p

https://shopemilyg.com/

Oh geez, I hope these are still available by fall of next year! I'm hoping we'll have a family trip scheduled in February or March 2021, and these would be perfect as Christmas gifts! My daughter would love "Your room is ready" -- the Tower is her favorite ride, and it would be so easy to pick out "perfect" ones for everyone!

I usually don’t make it more than 3-4 hours in the parks on my fall trip, and there have been many times I wasn’t sure I would make it back to the bus stop.

Fortunately an enclosed moving gondola won’t be as sweltering as standing 10-20 minutes at a bus stop once you make it there. :)

Now that the July 4th rumors are definitely wrong, what's the next wild guess for opening date? I thought Aug 18 was a sure thing, but I'm starting to question whether the Epcot line will be running then.

Fortunately an enclosed moving gondola won’t be as sweltering as standing 10-20 minutes at a bus stop once you make it there. :)
Also the gondolas have specially treated windows so the sun reflects. It wouldn't be like the inside of a car which turns into a greenhouse. I think they'll be fine without the a/c. Of course I'll never be there in July to experience that.

Now that the July 4th rumors are definitely wrong, what's the next wild guess for opening date? I thought Aug 18 was a sure thing, but I'm starting to question whether the Epcot line will be running then.
If they open before SWGE I think it will be DHS and maybe AoA only.

If they open before SWGE I think it will be DHS and maybe AoA only.

Well, based on "you know who" they are reporting they were told the POP/AoA, CBR, and DHS stations will open to guests on August 28th (day before GE opens) and EPCOT line not ready

But guess we shall see

Well, based on "you know who" they are reporting they were told the POP/AoA, CBR, and DHS stations will open to guests on August 28th (day before GE opens) and EPCOT line not ready

But guess we shall see
It’s a possibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter